=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Sufficient Anonymity, that conversion is Awesome. If I did not already have three ATV built I would so copy this. What is the melta made of? I assume it is magnetized and can be swapped with the Onslaught, or did you make two?

Thank you :D

Not even magnetised - just dry fitted. The OSG is the joint from the Ridgerunner's laser, then basically the whole cannon assembly from a Repulsor, whereas the MM is the Ridgrunner's missile pod, the front cut flat, a tip from a handheld MM added, and some optics from my bitz box (I think they're from an Icarus Ironhail Stubber)

Okay, so here it is- February vow completed:

The four Primogenitors of the Cult of the Living Thresher.

12 Months of Hobby- February Challenge 1

I'm really proud of these guys- usually I put paint on pretty thick; this time I watered my paints down and used multiple coats. I tried to highlight and shade, which is something else I haven't done a lot. The LED magnifier is a life saver- I couldn't do any of this without it!

This Cult will continue to grow- I hope to play 4 minigames in March where these four stealers stalk small groups of Imperial citizens, each hoping to implant more hosts than their Broodmates and become the Cult's Patriarch. 

Next, I hope to break some ground on my Plodding Around Challenge; I picked up the mesh screen today; I already have enough foamcore for at least two tiles, and maybe even three. I'm planning on picking up enough foamcore to finish 6 tiles. This will leave me plenty of 5" offcut, which can be used for buildings once the first 6 tiles are done.

Okay... Succeeded at one challenge this month. Time to stretch.

I pledge to finish these 4 Thresher House models before March 1:

February Challenge 2  Threshers

They are essentially farm-punk ganger NPC's in the Chronicle of Saint Katherines Aegis. Since I finished my Stealers, they are ready for the next round of games. One of the things I learned from playing the Space Hulk game is that it's hard to motivate yourself to do the battle report when stuff isn't painted... and if I'm going to play in March, I want to make sure that I have painted models; the stealers are done... Now I need Threshers.

You can find out more about Threshers here

I will also be posting WIP Plodding Along update: I think I have enough foamcore to cut and glue layers for the 6 board tiles I need to play.

Finally, I'm also going to clean up these four models and finish them off, but that's not an official challenge.

Threshers  semi painted

Edited by ThePenitentOne

OK Feb is done....

Started with a random pile of bits...

IMG-20210207-152623.jpg

and with that (and another couple models that arrived late) I made not just 3 as pledged but 4! whole models this month ;-) (there's also pic of the Harlequin I had already completed for completeness sake :-) )

Group Shot

IMG-20210221-232932.jpg

The Inquisitor

IMG-20210221-232616.jpg

The Knight

IMG-20210211-090650.jpg

The Waster

IMG-20210220-075502.jpg

The Mule

IMG-20210221-154027.jpg

The Wanderer

IMG-20210110-101826-646.jpg

So that makes this little Inquisitors band complete I'd say... go of and do something else next month, maybe let the thread randomiser decide for me....

Complete!

7vfTqEQ.jpg

My infantry squad of extras is ready to move out to their respective squad (right shoulders bear squad markings)

The sergeant is the first model for A platoons third squad. Most heads are from Anvil industry though some (non-bionic female) are from Statuesque miniatures.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Non-WH40K content removed

So a short post as my computer is stuff along with keyboard:

I declare February to be my month of Company Command and vow; A Primaris Captain in Gravis armour, Intercessor sarge, Inceptor sarge, Helblaster sarge, Primaris Apothecary, Primaris Chaplain (currently missing an arm thanks to my kids) and Primaris Techmarine by the end of February.

Don't think I'll get there but I'll give it a crack.

gallery_36568_16061_34676.jpg

gallery_36568_16061_750.jpg

So many good things in this thread. 

Here's my completed February vow - a lone kellermorph.

kellermorph

The light is a bit fierce, and his head isn't really blended all the up to pure white. He's also the first model in my cult not to be wearing anything in thunderhawk blue. I thought about using it for his cloak, but the spaghetti western vibe is just too strong, so I had to go with something a bit more Clint Eastwood.

For February I'll go for 5 Battle Sisters, 5 Seraphim, 1 Imagifer and 1 Deathwatch Librarian (can I do that?!) - Most models have got at least a basecoat on but in some cases (especially the Seraphim) they need mostly re-doing.

Apologies for the messy image!

gallery_84244_16814_1126971.jpg

The photo isn't up to much but here's February's finished vow!

gallery_84244_16814_474739.jpg