Archeotech - OOC and General Discussion

Trokair

My suggestion is spend the rest of the morning on any last suply and then head out after lunch, that still gives you a good many hours of travel while the weather is good.

As far as I am aware Ravia wanted some materail for weapons enhancments, and Kazimir was after a whetstone to keep his sowrd in good order. 

If Helene dose want to consult a medicae there is still time, though i belive she was just goign to tough out the cold. 

On 10/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, Trokair said:

Snip...

Hide contents

image.png.a19fc1813e903a2bc251e8dbff336c8a.png

Snip...

Journey all the way to dark red, use the bridge there and then:

• Head up river on that side until you can turn northwards and cross country your way up (potentially travelling alongside Five for a bit) once you are on the west side of the mountains.
  • Head up the coast and see if you can cross the mountains by the PDF station (potentially travelling alongside Six for a bit).
  • Head up the coast until either of the settlements and see if you can cross the mountains in the ‘hilly’ gap.

This is assuming that you still have the Lakeside as target one, if you change your mind then some travel option become less or more relevant.

Quick refresh from earlier in the thread. So you are in Port Havamn (dark red circle on the map in the quote).

When you head out do you want to head directly north (east side of mountains) for either of the settlements* or the PDF station or do you want to head up river (either alongside it or by hired boat on it) until you can head northwards (cross country) on the west side of the mountains?

*If you do head up towards either settlement you could potentially do so by hired boat.

10 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Arias funds are limited, but an axe-rake looks tempting. Don't want to spend my last pennies and not be able to pay for lodging for the next five towns though :p

So far your one night of accommodation was paid out of Team funds, and there are at most two major settlements on your way north, so you probably don’t have to worry too much on that account. :wink:

And if you settle for a poor quality then it won’t even cost that much.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:21 AM, Trokair said:

And if you settle for a poor quality then it won’t even cost that much.

Climbing tools are probably not something I want to cheap out on :p

Will be a chance to wander off with Ravia or Kazimir and pick the rake up as an afterthought from a tools shelf.

Ravia just needs to see if anywhere sells parts that she can convert into a red-dot sight, a mono-edge for Kaz, and/or possibly an executioner for Helene's chainsword. I have no idea whether any of that can be obtained or what the cost would be...

So a Red-Dot sight like item I can see being available as a hunting rifle accessory, so  Scherinfield Furrier or a trader in the market will have it available. You will however not be able to fit it until you have Trade (Armourer) (which I recall you where intending to get with your next XP allotment). Cost will be 50 as per the book (which will be for the sight plus any gubins needed for the eventual attachment such as wire and simmilar). As it is scares it will take most of your time until departure to find it. Feel free to narrate as you want.

Mono for the sword is a bit more tricky. The current edge would have to be machined off, and then a material suitable to monomolecular sharpening would have to be integrated into the blade and then sharpened. For this you would need a machine shop (which you will find in the city) and an armourer craftsman (not necessarily available, will be a dice roll to see if one can be found).

@TechCaptain Kazimir can locate and purchase the monomolecular material now, and then in due course one Ravia has Trade (Armourer)  the upgrade could be carried out at a workshop elsewhere. Cost of material would be the 40 thrones for the mono upgrade.

There is also the issue that as Mono removes Primitive Kazimir would not have the trait needed to use the sword properly once upgrade as it stands now. 

With executioner did you mean Eviscerator? If so I am going to say no for now, the from new cost is to high and as such any parts to upgrade/build one out of the normal chainsword is also going to be off the menu.  

10 hours ago, Trokair said:

With executioner did you mean Eviscerator?

Meant Exterminator actually, the one-shot flamer attachment. 

I'll take the red dot and will write up a little narrative later tonight for it (it will take pretty much all of her available funds to buy). Ravia will save up for the exterminator (or try to make on from spare parts when I have the Armourer, I figure it can't be hard to make it for a weapons-inclined techie). 

1 hour ago, TechCaptain said:

What trait would I need to use a mono edge version? Because my understanding it still essentially the same blade.

That is a very good question and I think that while my logic was sound the rules do not follow logic in this instance.

1. So this morning my thinking was that you have Melee Weapons Training (Primitive) and the great sword is primitive, which works.
  2. Mono removes Primitive so Melee Weapons Training (Primitive) does not apply.
  3. Since you need the relevant Melee/Ranged Weapon Training (X) to use weapon of type X you would need a Melee Weapon Training (something) to use a mooned weapon.
  4. However as far as I can find in the rule book there is no weapon category that covers this.

So I think we can safely ignore my previous comment and you can use a mono weapon as long as you have Melee Weapons Training (Primitive). New logic is that mono removes the ‘primitive’ quality/rule but does not remove the mooned weapon from the ‘Primitive’ category of melee weapons. I think. :ermm:

If anybody else has any insights do please speak up.

Edited by Trokair

28 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Meant Exterminator actually, the one-shot flamer attachment. 

I'll take the red dot and will write up a little narrative later tonight for it (it will take pretty much all of her available funds to buy). Ravia will save up for the exterminator (or try to make on from spare parts when I have the Armourer, I figure it can't be hard to make it for a weapons-inclined techie). 

Gotcha.

That should be doable, as with the sight (and mono) the material required can be acquired in one way or another in town for the cost as listed in the rulebook, 35 in this case, and then in due course Ravia can attempt to affix/build it.

As this is a one use item if I read the book right I am going to say that the 35 Throne of material will provide everything necessary to build the attachment and arm it with one use worth of fuel. Additional fuel can be bought as if it was flame pistol, that is 8 thrones for a 2 shots worth of fuel.

@Petragor, if you would like Ikka/Ravia to make an Exterminator for you in due course now would be a good time to acquire the raw materials.

• 2 weeks later...

So live has been life, hence the quietness here, and the next week is not looking to good either but after that we should be back to a regular scheduled Archeotech Hunting.

Also with the ‘luck’ I had in the other game yesterday I don’t think it be a good idea to move the story forward today.

Edit: 20th give or take is going to be it by the looks. 

Edited by Trokair

• 3 weeks later...

First of all please welcome @BadgersinHills, our sixth player, whose character, Ariel Imperatora Hu, will be joining the party shortly (tonight if all goes according to plan).

Secondly I have pre departure purchase down as followes:

• Lord_Ikka has spent 50 Thrones for all the material for a Red Dot Sight.
  • TechCaptain has spent 40 Thrones for all the material needed to Mono Kazimir’s sword

Both are waiting for Ravia to get Trade (Armourer) and you have located a suitable workshop to do the work in.

Petragor, did you want to acquire the material for the Exterminator before leving the city?

Lastly, I had originally planned to end ‘session one’ when you reached the first site (the lake) but I think pacing wise it makes more sense to make reaching the PDF station in the mountains.

Lets get this game rolling again. :)

Edited by Trokair
Edit, tomorrow now I guess, yawn

39 minutes ago, Petragor said:

If Ravia and Kaz are doing some shopping, Helene may as Well buy the exterminator too. Assuming she can afford it… how much does it cost for just the components?

The book says 35, but it appears to be a one shot only. As such in one of the earlier posts I ruled it as 35 thrones for all the material required for the modification and one shot worth of fuel, and then additional shots would be as if it was a flame pistol, so 8 thrones for 2 shots.