Archeotech - OOC and General Discussion

Trokair

Badger has told me that he should be able to get something up tomorrow, so our team leader will then be on site.

So that you are all aware, the AdMech representative will meet the team at the gate as the convoy leaves, which will be either Wednesday or Friday depending on how far the opening scene gets by then (not Thursday as I believe B&C will have some down time for maintenance that day).

At the end of the current scenes (so when this moves on to the ocnvey leaving) two of you will need to be designated drivers, one for the Goliath and one for the Achilles. Any volunteers?

Sounds great. Also, being a guardswoman, Mila would probably also be a decent driver.

Ariel Imperatora Hu, retired officer of the Astra Militarum. Rose to a moderate command, making a reputation as a reasonably famous duellist, and was able to retire with honour and some money after many grievous internal injuries at the age of 35. Twenty years before she came to Norombearg her husband, Jarek Hu, a wealthy merchant and purveyor of goods blurring the lines of legality, passed away. Her children grown and settled on a peaceful hive-world she would think of "as awful as an Ambull's arse", she travelled to Norombearg with her trusted used power blade in search of one last adventure before she meets her husband and the Emperor. 

M            WS         BS           S              T              W            I               A             Ld           Save

5”            4+           4+           3              3              1              3              1              7             5+

Equipment: 

Power Sword (melee, +1 ,AP -3 ,D1)

Exploiter of Weaknesses: On an unmodified hit roll of a 6 in melee, an additional hit is scored. This hit cannot generate further hits. 

Is this okay? 

Edited by BadgersinHills

Looking good to me, as a former officer I would be inclined to throw in a Hellpistol/Hotshot laspistol (or whatever they are called in the fluff these days) (Range 6”, Pistol 1, S:3, AP:-2, D:1) as a sidearm.

So if you want to post your character bio and profile over in the character thread, and add in the two bonus wounds all player characters get, then Ariel is good to go.

Good to know Beren, if you and Petragor want to do little scenes getting to know the vehicles/ settling it and so on go ahead.

Might as well mention this now.

The Achilles has space for one passenger in the cabin alongside the driver, and space for two to stand on the back platform and hold onto the railing. In this case the space at the back will be taken by the AdMech Observe (as it does not fit into either vehicles cabins).

The goliath had space for two passengers in the cabin alongside the driver, and additional space in the back amongst the supplies and such.

One passenger in each vehicle can use the lookout turret/scanning gear/stuff at a time, and can do so while the vehicle is in motion.

On the goliath there is a door from the cabin to the back area, so people can move from one to the other while in transit.

Both vehicles have com relays installed, so that when you are in them you can still talk to each other  even if you are in different vehicles. You are also supplied with microbead coms for the squad. These are short range coms (1km or so I guess) you can use to communicate with each other. Either vehicle can act as a relay to extend range a bit.

There is a Atlan bike stored and strapped to the far side of the Goliath (the side without the door) in case it becomes useful for scouting or some such.

99120117013_GSCJackalAlphus01.jpg

Looking good to me, as a former officer I would be inclined to throw in a Hellpistol/Hotshot laspistol (or whatever they are called in the fluff these days) (Range 6”, Pistol 1, S:3, AP:-2, D:1) as a sidearm.

So if you want to post your character bio and profile over in the character thread, and add in the two bonus wounds all player characters get, then Ariel is good to go.

Good to know Beren, if you and Petragor want to do little scenes getting to know the vehicles/ settling it and so on go ahead.

Might as well mention this now.

The Achilles has space for one passenger in the cabin alongside the driver, and space for two to stand on the back platform and hold onto the railing. In this case the space at the back will be taken by the AdMech Observe (as it does not fit into either vehicles cabins).

The goliath had space for two passengers in the cabin alongside the driver, and additional space in the back amongst the supplies and such.

One passenger in each vehicle can use the lookout turret/scanning gear/stuff at a time, and can do so while the vehicle is in motion.

On the goliath there is a door from the cabin to the back area, so people can move from one to the other while in transit.

Both vehicles have com relays installed, so that when you are in them you can still talk to each other even if you are in different vehicles. You are also supplied with microbead coms for the squad. These are short range coms (1km or so I guess) you can use to communicate with each other. Either vehicle can act as a relay to extend range a bit.

There is a Atlan bike stored and strapped to the far side of the Goliath (the side without the door) in case it becomes useful for scouting or some such.

99120117013_GSCJackalAlphus01.jpg

Good info on the vehicles, but aren’t those some very powerful weapons? I’ve only got a las-pistol...

In a tunnel it is. :P

Points wise they cost the same, and while I am not using points specifically I am keeping an approximate eye on them (as it will help balance the game, if I pit you against a 500p of orks you are screwed, but 50p of orks and you should be fine).   

If you are worried about a power imbalance within the team don’t worry, the enemy encounters are scalable, and in any case I always planned on handing out some extra equipment if I felt the team needed it.

In a tunnel it is. :P

Points wise they cost the same, and while I am not using points specifically I am keeping an approximate eye on them (as it will help balance the game, if I pit you against a 500p of orks you are screwed, but 50p of orks and you should be fine).

If you are worried about a power imbalance within the team don’t worry, the enemy encounters are scalable, and in any case I always planned on handing out some extra equipment if I felt the team needed it.

Alright then, just wondering. I’m sure It’ll be fine either way.

Maybe a rule that the hellpistol can only be fired once per combat encounter or 24 hours? Another one could be that on a roll of one, the gun cannot be fired again in that encounter. 

Edited by BadgersinHills

Maybe a rule that the hellpistol can only be fired once per combat encounter or 24 hours? Another one could be that on a roll of one, the gun cannot be fired again in that encounter. 

Makes sense, Hellguns don't have a lot of ammo. It'd probably be spent after a few firefights unless you can find somewhere to recharge the bulky backpack power supply. 

If you feel that you want to downgrade the Hellpistol the logical choice would be that it drains the battery with its shots (as befitting the lore). So let’s see, borrowing from Necromunda.

Battleworn Hellpistol:  Range 6”, Pistol 1, S:3, AP:-2, D:1 Every time this weapon fires roll an ammo check: on a 4+ the powerpack still has power .

So each time you shoot you have a 50/50 chance of draining the power pack, once the pack is drained it needs to be recharged and that takes time (so will need to happen after whatever combat time you where in when it was drained). Sound ok?

As this is a pistol it does not have the bulky powerpack, nor does it need one (though if you do have one /get one then that would negate the need for ammo checks). It just has a standard powerpack, but unlike a laspistol, where it can fire 30 times from one pack (using Deathwatch RPG rules for reference), the hellpistol can only shot a few times.

Edited by Trokair

If you feel that you want to downgrade the Hellpistol the logical choice would be that it drains the battery with its shots (as befitting the lore). So let’s see, borrowing from Necromunda.

Battleworn Hellpistol:  Range 6”, Pistol 1, S:3, AP:-2, D:1 Every time this weapon fires roll an ammo check: on a 4+ the powerpack still has power .

So each time you shoot you have a 50/50 chance of draining the power pack, once the pack is drained it needs to be recharged and that takes time (so will need to happen after whatever combat time you where in when it was drained). Sound ok?

Does the ammo check start with a + or something? Like, +2 the first encounter, then +1 the next encounter, +0, -1 and so on? Wouldn't make sense for a 50/50 on the first shot.

It could, but I want to keep rules simple (silly me) so figured that a 50/50 chance means that per combat time it can be shot 1 to 3 times averaging out at 2 but with the potential to spike higher.

Badger, if you prefer a progressive drain as suggested by Petragor I would say the ammo check is 3+ getting 1 worse per shot (so then 4+, 5+, 6+ and then after the next shot it is out).

Looks like some good narrative progress so far.

Once Bager and Urauloth have made their character intros we can move on to the next bit. Given the narrative so far, when you two make your post you can end with your character getting into either vehicle if you want.

Lastly 9825 has no organic bit visible, what you can see is a combination of mechanical components/augmentation and some heavy duty work cloth/void suit components as his previous station was on one of the orbital docs.

I am sure Steel can give a better description (and correct me in case I have misunderstood his intent), but for now assume that no organic bits are visible.

Thanks Steel.

Talking of Thallax, time to meet Orthal, the observe from the Arch Magos that will join the party shortly.

And yes, the chance to play as one of my favourite models/units is the a large chunk of the motivation for running this game.

On a more practical note, I will try to keep Orthals character and GM stuff separate as best I can, and in any case he is going to be a bit of a passive character than an active character, he is also a safety valve, if I misjudge what the team can handle in combat time he can throw himself in to buy the rest of you time to run away and live.

gallery_29932_17043_64079.jpg