Jimbos PLOG - armies of all shapes and sizes.

jimbo1701
Go to solution Solved by Razblood,

Bit of progress. Getting there with the big man and lt is done. Hoping to have storm speeder and helbrecht done before end of the month. Got a spraying backlog to do for my beastsnaggas too. 

next month I will be contrast painting more death guard and painting a few more sons of orar characters with some ad hoc painting and assembly in there. 

31171F4E-90C8-4272-8470-AD0CEC138894.jpeg

F850E1A7-D363-4FE7-8B33-9E1937EDE46D.jpeg

53448583-A1AF-4394-B3BE-B96C84EE9184.jpeg

The big man is finally done. Storm speeder to hopefully follow shortly (have added more decals) and have done the initial stages for my beast snaggas. I also snuck in assembling some kill team stuff from into the dark. Before end of the month will be basecoating a bladeguard ancient for my Templars as well as base spraying some ork scenery and finishing the speeder.

Next month I am looking to finish a small unit of word bearers (hq / 5 marines / 5 cultists), fully paint 3 more sons of orar characters (bladeguard ancient, lt, indomitus captain) and contrast paint more death guard. Will be looking to add a squad of the new marine desolation squad to the sons before 10th drops as well as a repulsor and some reivers / inceptors. The brutalis may be more at home with my Templars…..

35B7D150-C8FD-4DF0-AB9F-F9EEED06783F.jpeg

50C61191-5221-4057-B95E-D7296DD0C8DE.jpeg

9C2E47A1-4605-42AD-8728-E119EDEC33D7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 9:09 PM, Grotsmasha said:

I always appreciate the effort it takes to get such a clean white. On top of that I love seeing the rarer chapters, Omega Marines included :thumbsup:

thanks. It’s actually quite easy to achieve once you accept you’ll have to do a few layers. I do grey seer x2, corax white x2 then highlight with Vallejo white. 

Edited by jimbo1701

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work, @jimbo1701. The textured highlight on the cloak is subtle, but definitely adds something :smile: 

Also, love the Sector Mechanicus bases..! 

Cheers it’s a new thing I’m trying. It’s really simple and I think makes the armour and cloth stand out from each other more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks folks. I actually spend very little time on faces tbh. I’ve tried in the past to go into insane detail and always end up ruining it so these days I adopt a less is more approach. I spent less than 5 mins on the commissars face and less than 10 on messenius. One new addition today also, my first AoS attempt. 

A813D169-1E44-4E62-873E-EA2F5B829A70.jpeg

130C7B70-B2F2-4884-9EB6-E6ECCDFBD154.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nicely done, @jimbo1701 - I do like the chipping on the white of the armour and on the hazard stripes, and the dust on the feet is a nice touch. :smile: 

cheers. I usually just add the chipping and dust as a bit of a finishing touch at the end. Always found it a bit odd when minis are pristine in their environment. There should be evidence of battle / interaction with their environment imo. I was very on the fence with the size of the guns so used the hazard stripes to break it up a bit.