Jimbos PLOG - armies of all shapes and sizes.

jimbo1701
Go to solution Solved by Razblood,

52 minutes ago, Pearson73 said:

That's an excellent looking force, you should be proud! The additions from the new box are off to a solid start too.

Cheers. A few additionals I managed to finish last night.

Annoyingly I have 2 fully painted marines from my veteran intercessors and veteran assault intercessors (test models, can be seen in the two bottom photos) who have no squad at present with the new book. Waiting to see what they do with vanguard to see if I can shoehorn them in. 

IMG_5746.jpeg

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

Edited by jimbo1701

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Bit bogged down with batch painting black Templars for a game next month and putting together some eldar but have managed to get some decent painting done in between. Even did a speed paint on this ultramarine for a bit of a change (1 hour) 

IMG_6111.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

Edited by jimbo1701

Thanks all. 
I added a couple more bits to the ultramarine but reckon could knock them out in an hour now I’ve ironed out the creases so to speak, then batch the decals and weathering powders. He looks like this now so some subtle changes. Happy to share any colours etc if anyone interested. 

AEF68CC8-8C5F-4488-99D0-31B2CED4CFFC.jpeg

Edited by jimbo1701

This weekend went for something rather different. I spent a few hours using the awesome spray paints from colour forge to finally put some paint on my chaos knight army that I assembled, converted and magnetised last year. Settled on teal armour with gold trim and silver endoskeleton. I also managed to put the finishing touches on the reinforcements for my Templars that I have got to tabletop standard over the past 2 weeks. Cheers 

2097F17E-6E18-4713-BF58-485D793CBDFD.jpeg

65AB3154-C9C2-4415-9818-605D4A01D427.jpeg

94DE7639-8871-4F49-89AF-C424EADB6968.jpeg

IMG_6254.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I may have been distracted putting the finishing touches to a long, long project. Ulthwé black guardian strike force. Refurbished and new guardians. All units save for the Psykers and reapers are guardian based; some rarer FW upgrades in there also. Topped off with a very very black Matt spray from colour forge. 

IMG_7039.jpeg

IMG_7040.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work. :smile: I like the dusting of their feet, to tie them in with the base :thumbsup:

One minor critique, if you don't mind - the wavy texture on the tiles being used for the background is a tad distracting (an alternative would be an A3 sheet of white paper, and just let it curve down to get an "infinity curve" effect, like in this light box).

11 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work. :smile: I like the dusting of their feet, to tie them in with the base :thumbsup:

One minor critique, if you don't mind - the wavy texture on the tiles being used for the background is a tad distracting (an alternative would be an A3 sheet of white paper, and just let it curve down to get an "infinity curve" effect, like in this light box).

haha, agreed. I was pushed for time and grabbed a gift bag as the nearest light background I could muster. Psychedelic pictures ensued. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Minor update, I’ve actually made a bit of hobby progress but not got it over the finish line just yet but on track for finishing in a few weeks. Still to come in 2023:

terminator librarian painted 

5 infernus marines painted

black legion assembled 

first wave of votann assembled 

E05084E8-88AC-4592-AB8D-535A1937D161.jpeg

Edited by jimbo1701

• 2 weeks later...