State of the Union (Heresy)

You may have noticed that in these 2 recent FW publications that it is the armies that are present in the Siege of Terror that are getting the new units.  Neither the AL  (in any numbers that count) nor UM were at the Siege  whereas both the IF and NL were.  Interesting to see if this trend continues with future releases.

Dont most legion specific Terminator Units have a designated armour in their profile?

The only exeptions in the Red Book are Iron Hands Gorgons, which have their own rules and Deathshroud Terminators.

Only in the Deathshroud entry is Legion Terminator Armour listed and you are free to choose.

All other entries state either Cataphractii or Tartaros.

WE have seen 2 new Legion specific Terminator units and both follow the same pattern.

You'd be surprised since the Contekar also fall into having just 'Terminator Armor' meaning the person modelling them can choose which suit they want. 

Similarly, the old Istvaan Campaign Legions book that I have has Phoenix Guard Terminators listed with 'Terminator Armor'

You'd be surprised since the Contekar also fall into having just 'Terminator Armor' meaning the person modelling them can choose which suit they want.

Similarly, the old Istvaan Campaign Legions book that I have has Phoenix Guard Terminators listed with 'Terminator Armor'

The latest Red Book has Phoenix Terminators locked as Tartaros Terminators.

Including Huscarls and the Atramantar we have 19 Legion Terminator Squads and only 3 are completly free to choose their armour variant while 2 are a bit limited.

So its nearly 3 to 1 with fixed armour variants at this moment.

Cataphractii:

Space Wolves Varagyr

Blood Angels CrimsonPaladines

Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights

Iron Warriors Tyrant Siege Terminators

World Eaters Red Butchers

Ultramarines Fulmentarus

Death Guard Grave Wardens

Sonbs of Horus Justarin

Salamanders Fire Drakes

Alpha Legion Learnan

Imperial Fist Huscarls

Tartaros

Emperor's Children Phoenix Terminators

Night Lords Atramantar

Special

Iron Hands Gorgons

Free to choose

White Scars Ebon Keshig

Death Guard Deathshroud

Night Lords Contekar

Limited Options

Thousand Sons Sekmet either Cataphractii or Tartaros

Dark Angels Deathwing armour variant as Preator

Sources latest Red Book Legion Astartes and Black Book 7, 8 and 9

So we are at 14 Legion Terminator Squads that are locked in their armour variant and 5 that have a choice.

If you look closer those Nightlords and Deathguard have 1 Squad locked with their Armour and 1 that can choose while Dark Angels have 1 locked and one which is dependend on their Preator.

I think its possible an emerging pattern, you get one sort of Legion Terminators with fixed armour and one where you can choose for conversions etc.

Edit:

Special Terminator Units not Legion Specific:

Nullificators are locked in Cataphractii

Edited by Bung

The latest Red Book has Phoenix Terminators locked as Tartaros Terminators.

Including Huscarls and the Atramantar we have 19 Legion Terminator Squads and only 3 are completly free to choose their armour variant while 2 are a bit limited.

So its nearly 3 to 1 with fixed armour variants at this moment.

Cataphractii:

Space Wolves Varagyr

Blood Angels CrimsonPaladines

Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights

Iron Warriors Tyrant Siege Terminators

World Eaters Red Butchers

Ultramarines Fulmentarus 

Death Guard Grave Wardens

Sonbs of Horus Justarin

Salamanders Fire Drakes

Alpha Legion Learnan

Imperial Fist Huscarls

Night Lords Atramantar

Tartaros 

Emperor's Children Phoenix Terminators

Special

Iron Hands Gorgons

Free to choose

White Scars Ebon Keshig

Death Guard Deathshroud

Night Lords Contekar

Limited Options

Thousand Sons Sekmet either Cataphractii or Tartaros

Dark Angels Deathwing armour variant as Preator

Sources latest Red Book Legion Astartes and Black Book 7, 8 and 9

So we are at 14 Legion Terminator Squads that are looked in their armour variant and 5 that have a choice.

If you look closer those Nightlords and Deathguard have 1 Squad locked with their Armour and 1 that can choose while Dark Angels have 1 locked and one which is dependend on their Preator.

I think its possible an emerging pattern, you get one sort of Legion Terminators with fixed armour and one where you can choose for conversions etc.

One minor edit: the NL Atramantar are Tartaros units. Otherwise, this is a really useful list. It's likely Blood Angels will get the Sanguinary Guard rules but I'd love to have another option for a Blood Angels Terminator unit to get out of the morass known as the Crimson Paladins.

Also reading the supplement's description of how the studio staff assembled the Atramantar harkens nicely back to the kit bashing articles that we've seen in White Dwarf over the years.

Edited by Cris R

One minor edit: the NL Atramantar are Tartaros units. Otherwise, this is a really useful list. It's likely Blood Angels will get the Sanguinary Guard rules but I'd love to have another option for a Blood Angels Terminator unit to get out of the morass known as the Crimson Paladins.

Also reading the supplement's description of how the studio staff assembled the Atramantar harkens nicely back to the kit bashing articles that we've seen in White Dwarf over the years.

Thank you. I fixed the list.

Bare head might be a case of the Uriel Ventris, absolutely destroyed by the paint job. Either way, the helmet is really cool so I doubt many people will care.

Continued pace & content of previews and releases just has me further convinced that the next Black Book will feature the Shadow Crusade OR if GW move away from the Black Book format, the next one was planned to be Shadow Crusade focused and they've obviously still got the models to release.

New Black Templars or wait for this new 30k box set. . .hmmm, how about BOTH! :whistling:

I really just want the Black Templars army box plus 1 of each of the new minis (characters and sword brethren). . . for now. :teehee:   

Well it's a significant improvement over that limited edition model that came out a few years ago. The one that was but wasn't Ventris.

TBF I never used that model for Heresy, I just remodeled it into Lias Issodon. I do wish they still made that though, it was a lovely sculpt.

TBF I never used that model for Heresy, I just remodeled it into Lias Issodon. I do wish they still made that though, it was a lovely sculpt.

I thought it was terrible but I never got to see it in person - makes a world of difference on some models.

I like the model but I'm really not sold on the pose. I was hoping for a more actiony pose with him spearing the banner through a Word Bearer with his sword drawn like he did in Know-No-Fear.

Edited by No Foes Remain

Jeah cool model and highly deserved for the character. Tad heavy on the skulls for my taste though.

I was gonna get in on the BT launchbox but the pricepoint of 150€ kinda killed it for me. Ill get a squad and a Charakter here and there as a palate cleanser from painting fists/lunar auxilia from time to time since I still have a sizeable black templars army.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

SoH Praetor to be released this upcoming Friday, along with a rerelease of Destroyers without a jump pack.

Very cool to see destroyers back, need them for my 1st Legion for Dreadwing. Although I have had fun converting them from Mk III despoiler squads, it'll be simply less expensive to just get some Mk IV ones as the standard kit.