State of the Union (Heresy)

I'll take anything for the Horus Heresy.

It's just cool to be included in "quite" a substantial GW reveal event (although I've been a big fan of our own Legion Dispatches).

I'd love them to reveal the box for sure but ideally not release it this year for me as I want to pick up Chalnath and am getting a Thunderhawk Transporter proxy this month.

I'll take anything for the Horus Heresy.

It's just cool to be included in "quite" a substantial GW reveal event (although I've been a big fan of our own Legion Dispatches).

I'd love them to reveal the box for sure but ideally not release it this year for me as I want to pick up Chalnath and am getting a Thunderhawk Transporter proxy this month.

I don't mean to pick a fight here, but I never liked the attitude of "GW should delay X because Y is here/ just around the comer I want/am buying." So what? Its better something like HH boxset/ revamp happens ASAP if possible. There is no law saying you need it day one. Also its likely it will be up for pre-order to stop the scalpers which is a good thing. A big ticket item should always take priority if you want it vs the more relative small potato's releases GW puts out every other week and not hard to get in comparison. 

Don't see it as picking a fight, just a discussion. For me it depends if it's limited or not to be honest. I'd be gutted to miss out on some cool limited stuff. Which is why I won't be ordering Chalnath until after the reveals.

But GW aren't going to do what I want, they'll follow their own release schedule and I hope it works out so I can get the cool stuff without scalpers.

Also, even if the heresy box is revealed on Saturday, there is usually a pretty solid lead time on wha to shown. If the box is shown in the preview, even then we won’t see it till December at the earliest I’d assume. But if I were a betting man I’d say first or second quarter of next year

If it is limited I won't buy it and so should you.

We have only this option to stop GW from doing this scam they pull off for years now.

Remember cursed city?

I do.

There is no reason why they put a box like this in a limited spot but to force every fan to buy like crazy.

It's a bad move and we should definitely not support this.

But otherwise I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :wink:

We have only this option to stop GW from doing this scam they pull off for years now.

Remember cursed city?

I do.

There is no reason why they put a box like this in a limited spot but to force every fan to buy like crazy.

But otherwise I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :wink:

They've been doing a made-to-order thing during the preorder window, so even if they run out you can have one ordered to made, probably as a response to them misreading the demand for Cursed City and making fewer than they should have.

Remember cursed city?

I do.

But otherwise I'd buy it in a heartbeat. ;)

I get what you are saying though I imagine if we somehow manage to boycott a eagerly awaited release, GW will see the low sales and only release what they have produced and have sitting in a warehouse and shelf or significantly scale back the initial releases drastically. GW won't put the time into something that doesn't sell like crazy.

Anecdotal- close to two years now I have yet to buy anything meaningful from GW or FW, HH re-vamp would get me spending again, painting too even. I will give GW money if they make something I want. The characters and the Spartan will have to wow me, Mk VI isn't my preferred mark of power armour.

GW always wants to get demand right, cursed city running out in minutes is lost profits for them even if they dont care about us at all (arguable ;) ) but then that situation was a lot more complicated by international production and the like whilst everything since has been made entirely in the UK to stop that mayhem. Limited run boxes are also kinda essential to their current "lots of big boxes" plan, they need to be gone within a couple of months or inventory becomes nightmarish. 

That said, a new AoD box would be a starter rather than a splash release, the Titanicus one has gone out of stock several times and always been replenished for example. You always want to have the starter box available to bring in new players, which is AoD in particulars glaring weak point.

My guess is that this box is going to be targeted like the Grandmaster Edition of AT or Indomitus/Dominion - it's a "launch" box intended for the ravenous fans, with contents and a price point to match. Nothing in the box will be exclusive (except for maybe cover art on a rulebook?), and there will be a scaled-down true starter set coming later.

Like, I could very easily see this being broken up into a combat patrol or start collecting style box with one of the new characters, the 5 terminators, 10 marines and the contemptor. It seems like the similar approach of breaking up a limited time launch box into tiered starter sets has been very successful for GW in 40K and AoS, no reason to believe they wouldn't take a similar approach for new heresy.

My guess is that this box is going to be targeted like the Grandmaster Edition of AT

Hopefully not in terms of price, though - that Grandmaster Edition was eye-wateringly expensive, even for GW.

They can pretty much charge anything up to $300 if it's got a Spartan in it, so matching the Grandmaster Edition wouldn't be out of left field.

A Spartan on its own is $175 right now, add a thing of terminators, a couple squads of MK VI marines, two HQs, a Dreadnought and maybe a rulebook, and that's a lot of stuff in there.

I still don't believe there will be a spartan in box, rather it will be an "upgrade" box. Happy if it happens but I just don't think it will be.

The pics clearly show a Spartan. There is no way any existing plastic kit could be a Spartan with a mere upgrade kit. Plastic spartan would also open up the unit as an accessible LOW in 40k for the Average Joe because its plastic. The fact its stacked with Mk VI and the retcons to its availability in a recent WD- GW wants 40k people buying this for SM armies as well. An upgrade kit instead of a full Spartan kit would rob the box of much of its prestige and price justification. I could see this box being at least AUD$300 minimum.