State of the Union (Heresy)

What ever happened to those rumors from ages ago that the Khan was going to get two models, mounted/dismounted? I guess we're not seeing a mounted Khan, shame.

They weren't rumours - they were a statement from his sculptor during the Q&As at the last open day. It's entirely possible the plan has changed since then.

What ever happened to those rumors from ages ago that the Khan was going to get two models, mounted/dismounted? I guess we're not seeing a mounted Khan, shame.

They weren't rumours - they were a statement from his sculptor during the Q&As at the last open day. It's entirely possible the plan has changed since then.

Could still be the plan. There was never any indication (that I know of) that both versions would arrive at the same time. And FW have said a few times that multiple versions of the Primarchs might eventually happen.

Could still be the plan. There was never any indication (that I know of) that both versions would arrive at the same time. And FW have said a few times that multiple versions of the Primarchs might eventually happen.

It also allows for a refresh of the range: new poses or sculpts, those ascending to daemonhood... I’d like to think there could be those possibilities to come for that visual and modelling variety.

Brilliant to see all the Primarchs released - most importantly!

There's a CHANCE I'm misremembering, but I remember the reason for Khan's delay (and Lion being released first) was purely because they wanted to release both versions of Khan together, to avoid people feeling left out.

So THAT plan fell apart, it seems!

I think we will start to see a range refresh starting with demon angron as Im 100% sure they will use the rumoured plastic version to pull double duty with 30k/40k

They didn't with Mortarion though.

@slips: I am 100% pro streamlining but absolutely against dumbing down. Those are two entirely different things.

D&D 5?

Awesome, bring it like this.

40k 8th edition? :cuss no.

;)

Did a sad little laugh at the pre-order video for the Khan on WarCom ends with 'Ride With The Great Khan'

He can't ride without his bike, lads!

I think we will start to see a range refresh starting with demon angron as Im 100% sure they will use the rumoured plastic version to pull double duty with 30k/40k

@slips: I am 100% pro streamlining but absolutely against dumbing down. Those are two entirely different things.

D&D 5?
40k 8th edition? :censored: no.
:wink:

I mean technically they still might, GW just released the plastic Mortarian long before the Heresy release cycle had got anywhere near the point of potential rules for demonic / transformed Primarch. 

Did a sad little laugh at the pre-order video for the Khan on WarCom ends with 'Ride With The Great Khan'

He can't ride without his bike, lads!

D&D 5?

40k 8th edition? :censored: no.

:wink:

I mean technically they still might, GW just released the plastic Mortarian long before the Heresy release cycle had got anywhere near the point of potential rules for demonic / transformed Primarch.

You're right.

Maybe.

We'll see.

I wonder if that's it for the Heresy then until Rann and Zephon come out next month. I know they've been doing design articles for the Khan but now that he's out, other than those two miniatures, there's nothing left to pre-order due to the lack of Legion Dispatchs

Good to see the Khan out though, price is high but I guess that's the standard now

Simon's commentary on the matter way, way back was we'd still get the individual Daemon Primach's in resin - with Horus, the Emperor and potentially a second version of Sanguinius to boot. I doubt they'll pass up the opportunity to do a fresh Horus vs the Emperor display piece.

A lot of "what comes next" for the Heresy, if we follow the original plan that Alan, Neil, John and Andy stitched together required a demarcation between the early, mid and late Heresy rules. As it stands the rules that we have don't strictly support that all too well. I would hope that any potential revision of the rules accomodates for that in the long run.

I suspect Apologist is right, specifically the Legion specific Praetors and Dreads were initially all passion projects by the sculptors or unused concepts they kinda liked. It stands to reason they may well have a bit of a backlog of those for a rainy day as apparently the turnaround on getting a resin master to production is relatively quick/cheap to help fill gaps in releases.

I'd hardly call the Night Lord praetors PASSION projects...

That all sounds pretty positive, bar splitting up the Legion revisions by faction which kinda sucks, well that and night fighting but most folks just ignore that anyway.

You say that but wait until you have a regular Night Lords player hahaha

It's a 50/50 toss up between them going "Hey, so i'm gonna roll for Night Fighting... anyway, i'm gonna roll for Night Fighting... now for Night Fi-", or it's two turns in "FUG, I forgot about Night Fighting!"*

*it's me, i'm the resident NL player who does this

Eh I just used terror assault or curze or both all the time. I loved the night fight speed and defensive bonuses on turn 1 and the dread of the roll-over.

I could see a Champion Horus v Emperor duel but i really doubt we will see alt daemon Primarchs now that GW is making their way through them, especially as the ones least likely to see a GW kit this decade didnt fight on Terra directly. Though Perturabo or Dorn doing maths at each other would be a truly epic duel set lol

It certainly feels like the Era rules have been dropped along the way, main GW is generally more in favour of permissive army lists these days anyway, though the time for them to at least be outlined would be the rumoured new red books/reboot.

There is something i noticed about the Jaghatai miniature. If you look at the unpainted pictures it looks like his torso is seperate from the legs, there seems to be a small gap which is typical where parts meet. I have a memory of Simon Egan saying that he wanted a version where you could move the top part of the khan between the bike and the regular version. Does anyone see the same as me or remember him saying that?

There is something i noticed about the Jaghatai miniature. If you look at the unpainted pictures it looks like his torso is seperate from the legs, there seems to be a small gap which is typical where parts meet. I have a memory of Simon Egan saying that he wanted a version where you could move the top part of the khan between the bike and the regular version. Does anyone see the same as me or remember him saying that?

I can see the gap you're talking about.

The top half would work reasonably well on a bike. The bike kit would need to come with a replacement left arm and his cloak, everything else looks ok.

We're probably clutching at straws here but I love the idea. We will have to wait until someone has the model in their hands to find out what's going on but if there is a seperation there and there is a little hole to put a magnet in then I'm sure we can all let the hype train and speculation run wild again for a while.

I can see the gap you're talking about.

The top half would work reasonably well on a bike. The bike kit would need to come with a replacement left arm and his cloak, everything else looks ok.

We're probably clutching at straws here but I love the idea. We will have to wait until someone has the model in their hands to find out what's going on but if there is a seperation there and there is a little hole to put a magnet in then I'm sure we can all let the hype train and speculation run wild again for a while.

Yea we will just have to wait and see, but the cloak is usually seperate and if there is an easy switch for the arm and magnetizing opportunities then the speculation does suddenly become more viable. 

Exemplary Battle article slated for this week coming - with a new Death Guard unit! Possibly the unique Destroyer unit every legion is getting.

This Week from Warhammer Community

Strap in for another Aeldari reveal tomorrow as we walk the Path of the Preview, alongside a sustained barrage of T’au articles, a new Horus Heresy Exemplary Battle with rules for a unit unique to the Death Guard, and more.

Edited by Joe

Did the monthly model reveals just kind of stop? No Legion Dispatch anymore?

Is it that hard for them to keep that going, or is that just too much to ask for?

Anyways, hopefully it's a different Loyalist legion in the campaign than the Ultramarines or Imperial Fists. They've already doubled up on both, they really need to start picking battles that feature a different Legion, or at least an order of them that does that.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion