'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I wish it to be known that the views expressed in the IC thread by my characters may not reflect my actual views...

Don't sweat it, mate. I think we've all twigged that Vesalius has issues, but none of us think you do! :D

Not an easy thing to write bad guys and make them believable, imho you're doing a great job of it!

Edit: and nice post MG (cracking choice of TH name too!). I'll leave it a bit so everyone can post if they want, then we'll see what happens next!

I wish it to be known that the views expressed in the IC thread by my characters may not reflect my actual views, and that I genuinely like Brynjarr as a character. Vesalius is a homicidal maniac who happens to take up some space in my brain and use excess bandwidth from time to time. Sorry if my writing came across as particularly harsh or especially negative as directed towards Trokair/Brynjarr, I'm trying to work through some things with this character and it just made sense narratively to me.

No worries :smile.:

Brynjarr might not like the recent turn of events but I know it is all just part of the story and the characterisation. Also I can totally see why Vesalius might be annoyed with the breacher before the slaughter, as his coming to aid with the Bullgryn could be seen as a kill steal.

To borrow from the great minds of Neil Gaiman and Sir Terry Pratchett, Brynjarr has ‘sauntered vaguely downwards’ since his death, while some of the others certainly tripped and fell into their current life from what I can see.

As Lys says, bad guys can be hard to write, so don't dwell on it.

Yes, I, in my utter ignorance, thought that was a typo on our GM's part. It turns out I was the one in error (and I learned something today). I have edited my post, and previous posts removing all mention of space hobbits.

I swear there is nothing (well not much) wrong with me, and I don't have it out for little people! Vesalius, on the other hand...

Edited by Necronaut

Necro is on point.

Although I think we had that replaced by Forbidden Lore: (Underworld), no?

It would have to be a character background based test if so, still Intelligence Test though.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Yes, we had the (Underworld) substitution at character creation. We could probably request access to that specific sub-skill from our GM (in the form of future advancement, although we're predominantly a counter-Imperium "Deathwatch" sort of force), but your character might also have access to it from his background as Mazer identified.

I suppose it might make sense for certain members of the team whose background features more void travel and fighting aliens to have retained the Xenos Lore Skill rather than the Underworld Lore...?

I've replied for Achard to Draak's questions, maybe Brynjarr wants to assist the officer (maybe the comms or augur operator as they'd have regular access to the ship's logs?) to try and find out a bit more?

Edit to above: Tro, if we assume you do have the Xeno Lore Skill, that Roll will be a Pass, so you should be able to find out something!

Thinking about it, I'm going to post some info based on Tro and MG's successful rolls.

It won't be a staggering revelation here, but it will keep us moving forward towards a point where you can learn more?

I would prescribe a trans-orbital lobotomy, but I merely play a doctor in our IC thread. ;)

Take an ibuprofen and get some shut-eye would be my non-professional advice. Get well soon!

@Necro & Trokair - Of course I would prescribe a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

Thinking about it, I'm going to post some info based on Tro and MG's successful rolls.

It won't be a staggering revelation here, but it will keep us moving forward towards a point where you can learn more?

@Lysimachus - Thank you GM for showing the wealth of information that you can get from two passes and a DoS.

Makes for a bit of roleplay though!