'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

No worries mate!

As Vesalius is technically before Odysseus, if he can do anything to use up the Vorax' Dodge, then the Force Weapon strike will definitely hit... which would probably be a good thing! :P

I'll wait to roll the Dodge or the Opposed Wp until Vesalius has had a chance to act.

Vesalius' damage Vs the Vorax comes to 4 Damage.

Boltgun w/ Kraken Bolt Damage: 1d10+9X, Pen 8, Tearing
Hit 1: Bolter Damage: 2#1d10 2 7
7 (d10) + 9 = 16 damage, Pen 8
Hit 2: Bolter Damage: 2#1d10 8 4
8 (d10) + 9 = 17 damage, Pen 8
Hit 3: Bolter Damage: 2#1d10 4 7
7 (d10) + 9 = 16 damage, Pen 8

Hit 1: 16 damage - 12 (TGH) - 3 (AP11 - Pen 8) = 1 Damage.

Hit 2: 17 damage - 12 (TGH) - 3 (AP) = 2 Damage.

Hit 3: 16 damage - 12 (TGH) - 3 (AP) = 1 Damage.

Nope, it was only 2 Hits because the target was Engaged in Melee (-20)

Then the Vorax Dodged, but with no DoS so only avoided 1 Hit.

That left the first Hit only = 1 Wound.

@Lysimachus - Thank you for the correction.

I was just trying to point out that players need to remember to factor in the -12 (Toughness Bonus) of the Voraxes when calculating damage.

Yep, that's fine!

One thing, there always has to be at least 1CP in the Cohesion pool, or everyone drops immediately to Solo Mode.

But what I'll do, as Brynjarr has 4 FP unused at the moment, is add to his Round 2 actions that he contributed 1FP to add 1CP to the pool for a total of 4CP. That way, Draak can spend 3CP for Bolter Assault and there is still 1 left in the pool.

I'll also add Brynjarr's Bolter Assault actions in a mo, Vesalius and Decimus can also join in if they wish.

Edit: Side point, but if any of those left to act can get another 11 Wounds through on the Vorax, then we can end the fight and we're in a good place to pause for the server upgrade?

And if it cuts out before I get another chance to say, I hope everyone enjoys the break!!! :D

Edited by Lysimachus

Probably have to wait for Odysseus to save the day with a big Psychic Power again and listen to the gloating.

I suspect that people are standing too close to hit it with the full strength smite that would be needed, may have to be a do or die melee attack but that will only work if you can get the vorax to dodge first.

sorry, work has been madness for a couple weeks, for a whole week of the 6 managers that are my peers (well really 5 because one position has been vacant for a year) only 2 of them were working (and one of those is a temp promotion) and because both of them are running niche, understaffed teams, the people under all the other managers were looking to me for answers from HR to project funding.

No worries mate, RL comes first as always! I hope they're at least paying you extra for doing 3 people's jobs? Right? No...?

:rolleyes:

Anyway, looks like I might have jumped the gun a bit (just read in another thread that it's maybe Weds or Thurs for the shutdown...) so sorry for that to everyone! :P

• 4 weeks later...

As a note to the opening IC post, there were 4 Vorax attacking Achard and his men in the hold, plus after that they saw at least 2 more moving up to join the first 4, which means if you hang around to see what's coming up the corridor towards your position at the lift doors, you'll be facing (at least) 3 times as many Automata as you did in the last fight... ;)

Edited by Lysimachus