'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

11 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

As a note to the opening IC post, there were 4 Vorax attacking Achard and his men in the hold, plus after that they saw at least 2 more moving up to join the first 4, which means if you hang around to see what's coming up the corridor towards your position at the lift doors, you'll be facing (at least) 3 times as many Automata as you did in the last fight... ;)

@Lysimachus - I'm not sure from your description of where the Vorax are supposed to be coming from. Are they coming from the same direction as the last ones or are they coming from behind us up the lift shaft?

Sorry, that's probably me not being clear.

So, they were attacking Achard and the crewmen at about the same time as the first 2 were attacking you.

But after you destroyed the first 2, the rest have realised you are a much greater threat and are now converging on your position.

So, if the lift shaft is ahead of you, they are coming from behind you along the corridor, probably following a similar route that you have taken from the hold, heading aft and up towards the Command Deck?

(I hope that sort of clears things up for everyone... :D)

Edit: my point was that waiting around and fighting a lot more of them may not be a viable option, and you might want to consider pressing on as quickly as possible towards the bridge...

Edited by Lysimachus

Hmm, good question... its a very big ship but very empty so the sound is probably travelling a lot further, so they're not as on top of you yet as you might think. But I imagine that Vorax move pretty damn quick when they want to, so they won't be long.

We'll say you've got time to set the Cluster Mines (which the book says are very simple to set) and join the others in the lift shaft before any Vorax come into visual range, but obviously the sound will be getting louder and louder...

Hmm, good point. Well, as there is a lot going on with the Vorax we'll call it a Difficult (-10) Perception Test, but of course you benefit from Autosenses, etc.

Edit: actually, that's too hard given that there is obvious hazard striping all around them, changed to Difficult (-10)

Edited by Lysimachus

I'm not 100% without going back, but I think I said when you opened the lift doors you could see the top of the car several levels below you?

54 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I'm not 100% without going back, but I think I said when you opened the lift doors you could see the top of the car several levels below you?

Lysimachus posted on Saturday in IC:

You see the top of the elevator car several levels below you and thick plasteel cables that rise from it past you and on several hundred metres into the darkness above.

New software got rid of Post Numbers.

Hmm, it's a fair point. Translation probably doesn't come under any of the Skill groups...

Basically, everyone can try... but all but one of the team won't be able to read it at all. The one who can will immediately be able to read it without any problem at all, so not really needing a test...

Maybe it's easier if I just reveal that...?

Edit: There we go... tying in some DIY Chapter discussions into the game... ;-)

Edited by Lysimachus

It's your call. Given this is a rather ancient ship, and the propensity for language scripts to drift over time (ignoring the medieval stasis "IN SPACE" of Warhammer 40K and any changes being branded as Heresy), I thought Ciphers (Chapter Runes) might be an appropriate skill test to use to decipher the information. Or you could just tell us if it's immediately recognizable to one of our number, but maybe still requires a skill check to understand what is written. Thoughts? 

Edit: oh, I see. :O

LORE IMPLICATIONS!! 

Edited by Necronaut

47 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

It's your call. Given this is a rather ancient ship, and the propensity for language scripts to drift over time (ignoring the medieval stasis "IN SPACE" of Warhammer 40K and any changes being branded as Heresy), I thought Ciphers (Chapter Runes) might be an appropriate skill test to use to decipher the information. Or you could just tell us if it's immediately recognizable to one of our number, but maybe still requires a skill check to understand what is written. Thoughts? 

Edit: oh, I see. :O

LORE IMPLICATIONS!! 

Apart from Ciphers (Chapter Runes) being to do with each characters Specific Chapter....

Urgh, I'm having some problems with the new post editor. I've tried to split each of the log entries up with spoiler tags, but instead it has put each spoiler inside the previous one...:censored:

I am going to try to get it in a more logical format, but hopefully the intent of showing multiple, separate log entries still comes across...

Edited by Lysimachus

Just because I think I may have made it too awkward to guess what I was thinking (and I pity the poor person who thinks the same way I do... :tongue:) I'll clarify a little bit:

Vesalius doesn't really know any more about the Pride than any of you, except that because of... reasons that aren't mine to reveal... his Chapter can speak the language being used.

And so he is able to translate the logs into Gothic for you all.

The password is something you'll find in the logs, a word that has significance for Callistrus Sovrak, and that has 8 letters when you translate it into High Gothic (or Latin, as far as us m.02/03 types are concerned!)

Not sure if I'm helping or not... :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...