'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Vesalius has a rather useful one (AS IF YOU LOT DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THIS):

Raven Guard attack Pattern:
Exploit Weakness
Action: Half Action
Cost: 4
Sustained: No
Effects: The Raven Guard use precise application of force to cripple their enemy. The squad works in concert to exploit the foe’s weaknesses and deliver potent, strategic blows. As a Half Action, any Battle-Brother in Support Range may single out an enemy. Until the beginning of that Battle-Brother’s next
turn, all members of the Kill-team may re-roll damage rolls against that target (the second result must be taken). Only one target may be singled out at a time.

But I'm waiting to hear back from Lysimachus about something first...

12 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

Vesalius has a rather useful one (AS IF YOU LOT DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THIS):

The generic strongpoint pattern is 3 cohesion and sustained - it has the single target damage rerolls, but also grants +20 to hit and the option to trade reactions for more shots.

Exploit weakness almost seems like a typo, as if it should be a sustained ability that takes a half action to switch targets. But I don't think an errata was ever released for the later books.

46 minutes ago, A.T. said:

The generic strongpoint pattern is 3 cohesion and sustained - it has the single target damage rerolls, but also grants +20 to hit and the option to trade reactions for more shots.

42 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I agree -- it is an oddly expensive squad mode ability relative to others (not to mention being somewhat redundant as you laid out above). That's about all I have to offer of note.

The thing you have to bear in mind is that Strongpoint is a Full Action, and you must nominate either yourself or another as the Centre.  The centre cannot move, and if they are forced to, the SQD mode ends.  It cannot be improved on either.

It is 1 point of Cohesion less, and is Sustained, true - but what Exploit Weakness does is that it lets you move, and at Rank 5, you can move/shoot/wipe your arse, and still hand one bad guy theirs.

Strongpoint is for when you set up a heavy bolter in cover, with a killing field of fire.

Exploit Weakness gets you there.

It's worth noting that you're currently down to 1 CP... but I did say that I'd reward team building, which getting to the bridge and doing all of that stuff probably would contribute to team morale? So I will reward you with +3CP for a current total to start the fight of 4!

12 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

It's worth noting that you're currently down to 1 CP... but I did say that I'd reward team building, which getting to the bridge and doing all of that stuff probably would contribute to team morale? So I will reward you with +3CP for a current total to start the fight of 4!

Did not see this before I posted just now, so there is one additional point as I threw one in thinking we were at 1 and in need of some.

Very nice rousing post there, MG!

I must be feeling very generous this evening as I'm going to reward it with 1 more CP, giving you a total of 6...

...but that's the last one anyone is getting from me going into this fight! :biggrin:

I think some of you are still in Squad Mode, so those who are don't need to roll. Those who are in Solo can still join too, but need to do a Cohesion test, I think?

Then it depends on the Squad Mode you want to use, it might be a Free/Half/Full Action?

So you could use the Surprise Round to activate it if you want, or do it in Round 1 (Draak is fairly near the top of the Initiative order, so either way you should get it done before the enemy can attack?)

Edited by Lysimachus

Ok, excellent, so I think we've got:

1) Initiative for everyone except Svelk.

2) Everyone is happy with their positions on the map? AT, did you mean you want Odysseus moved south so he's in cover? In the first doorway? And Vesalius won't appear on the map just yet, as he is concealed... somewhere! Again, I just need to check where Svelk is (possibly from previous comments, maglocked ready to drop on the enemy?)

3) Actions for the Surprise Round:

Draak, Decimus, Brynjarr and Vesalius are setting Overwatch? Odysseus is activating Force Dome? So again I just need Svelk's action (did you want to set up the Demo Charge somewhere?)

Is that right for everyone? Shout out if its not! :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

there may be enough there to id his chapter

I don't know, I'm baffled - I think you've played that really well.

I thought (chapter) and then went no, the name of the comatose Marine seems wrong for that, then I thought (chapter) because of the horrific losses/campaign, but that felt wrong as well.  I was erring on Dorn's geneline, but I think I might be barking up the wrong tree....

Well played indeed.

40 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

2) Everyone is happy with their positions on the map? AT, did you mean you want Odysseus moved south so he's in cover? In the first doorway? And Vesalius won't appear on the map just yet, as he is concealed... somewhere! Again, I just need to check where Svelk is (possibly from previous comments, maglocked ready to drop on the enemy?)

If no-one else is moving forward he'll just take partial cover at the south pillar instead (which is to say moving directly south until he hits a wall)

Nice post Black Cohort - Looks like Decimus isn't an Imperial Fist but a Crimson Fist a Rynn's World veteran. 

@Lysimachus - After looking at Defensive Squad Mods I decided to change Draak's action for the Surprise Round.

He will spend a Fate Point to raise Cohesion to 7, he will then declare Strongpoint and nominate Odysseus as the Centre 

Ok, yep that seems like a useful pick! AT, are you happy to be the Centre and pick new targets as and when required? If so, do you still want to be positioned next to the the wall (I'm guessing it's still Ok, don't think you'll need to move?)