'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

This is very troubling I must say. How are we going to turn on light switches now?

MR.

You'll have to improvise Macgyver-style!!! :P

The now NPC Dev of mine was going to be tech inclined as a pilot and coming from a tech heavy background for all being a normal Dev of his Chapter.

Don't worry TC, I'll use the basic idea but I can switch out the Chapter background, I've even got a DIY IH Successor of my own that I could easily sub in if needed!

Hey all, just a heads up that all sheets are more or less ready, and also we got a willing volunteer to take over our Dev Marine slot, Black Cohort, and he's able to get himself ready for Friday so we should be able to start on time!

Though he is less tech inclined than the other devastator.

That's fine, you'll all just have to improvise... :lol:

Although, if we get to later episodes with more team members, I'll definitely be looking out for a Techmarine...

Hmm, good question, I had to think about it a bit!!

Well, as with any Astartes force, the vast majority of Varn's followers are regular humans (many thousands compared to 120-150ish IG Astartes) but they aren't really a standing army in the way that the Astral Claws regiments were? Mostly, they'd be the crews of the various pirate Captains that pay allegiance to Varn? So like Chapter Serfs or the Imperial Navy - if maybe a bit less disciplined but more ferocious?

As far as human scale combat goes, in attack Varn is very much a believer in the superiority of (and proper tactical use of) the Astartes. Also, the fights he picks usually tend to be lightning strikes or raids; get in, achieve an objective and get out again (plus many of these are in space) which the Marines are better suited to without anyone slowing them down? So he wouldn't ideally use auxiliaries in the way the Claws did? More often, he'd have a plan or target for a squad (or more) of Marines, and he'd assign them to a Captain/ship to provide them with transport and logistical support.

But when operating without the Astartes, he'd expect the various Captains and crews to be responsible for and protect their own ships. I imagine he'd also cherrypick the most capable and proven most loyal of these mortals to serve aboard his own Strike Cruiser or as the defenders of the IG asteroid home base?

How the individual IG see, treat and interact with these mortal crews could vary wildly depending on their own outlook though...

I hope that answers the question, I'm not sure myself... :P

Yep, I think that's the way it was running in Blackthorn (and maybe others?), good suggestion though!

I'll give it a bit longer to see if anything in Necro' or Sobek's posts sparks off any conversation, then probably add in the next update sometime tomorrow...