'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I am out ifhousetoday, so Freelance to make those rolls in between to get the story going…

I am assuming this is a Tech Use skill attempt? My idea is putting something like a glitch in, lots off,ickering lights, faulty displays, na screen rebooting an inappropriate times… something that could explain going off course and isn’t the thing you attempt to do mid air.

A bit of smoke and burned cables is welcome but optional.

it’s still our get away, so it should stay in one piece, 

Yeah, roll it as a Challenging (+0) Tech-Use test?

Success has the desired effects as you've described, failure means it doesn't work and the shuttle is still working normally.

But failure with 4 or more DoF means that after landing the shuttle's machine spirit has been offended and actually does stop working, and will need some work to in order to get it in the air again...

Cracking! I think with Svelk not needing to test that means everyone is safely on the ground!

Will update later, also want to get things moving for Beta...

As an aside, I was trying to work where everyone in Alpha actually is, and ended up doing a quick Paint sketch to get it clear in my head. Figured i might as well post it here in case it's helpful to anyone else? So Alpha will be moving north from the drop off point into the settlement.

gallery_27610_17040_90030.png

Dammit Mazer! Now I need to figure out a way to revise my storyline to include that...! :lol:

And the map above was made on my old laptop, where the base colour looked like sandy desert, and now I've just seen it on my newer mobile device where it looks minion YELLOW, so apologies to anyone blinded by it... :D

I thought the whole point of jumping out was so we didn't enter the town - not least because the residents will be aware of us, potentially leading to us having to wipe out the town to avoid witnesses.

Surely we would be watching how the shuttle crew are received? Additionally, if there is any Imperial presence or if the Sisters send anyone.

We've not been told that our mission is time-sensitive and we've travelled through the warp to get here. A few extra hours do not matter.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Sorry guys, I've obviously misunderstood your intent there, I thought it was just to approach from a different direction to where anyone thinks you'd be coming from?

If you prefer, I'm happy to cut the final sentence from my post, so you've moved close enough to see the place seems deserted but not actually entered yet?

@MG: Just noticed something in your post, I think Awareness is a Trained Skill for everyone, so you don't need to halve your Per? So you get a couple of DoS at least!

I'll update later with what you can see, but if anyone else also wants to roll, maybe there are more details you can make out between you?

Derp, missed Beren's question: Yep, any Heightened Senses or Armour Autosenses bonus can be applied!

@MG: Just noticed something in your post, I think Awareness is a Trained Skill for everyone, so you don't need to halve your Per? So you get a couple of DoS at least!

I'll update later with what you can see, but if anyone else also wants to roll, maybe there are more details you can make out between you?

Derp, missed Beren's question: Yep, any Heightened Senses or Armour Autosenses bonus can be applied!

Whoops you are right, It's on my character sheet.

IC post updated.

Awareness Check, Perception 43 +20 (Auto-senses) = 63. Result: 17 - Pass (4 DoS)

(Edit: to tell of update.)

Edited by Machine God