'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Mazer/Necro: Lower Gothic is about right! :D Heavily accented (and poorly educated) LG was what I was trying to get across in the old lady's words, hopefully it was still understandable...?

@MG: I think it's just PCs who get Righteous Fury... we should probably call it Unrighteous Fury in this game, just to be clear... :lol:

@Necro: See, sometimes the Emperor does protect after all!

@Mazer/Necro: Lower Gothic is about right! :biggrin.: Heavily accented (and poorly educated) LG was what I was trying to get across in the old lady's words, hopefully it was still understandable...?

@MG: I think it's just PCs who get Righteous Fury... we should probably call it Unrighteous Fury in this game, just to be clear... :laugh.:

@Necro: See, sometimes the Emperor does protect after all!

Oh, her Lower Gothic came across well, I was just wondering if they had a local tongue as well, like Gaelic or Welsh etc. :)

Righteous Fury triggers for any character with 'Touched By The Fates' IIRC.

Oh, her Lower Gothic came across well, I was just wondering if they had a local tongue as well, like Gaelic or Welsh etc. :smile.:

Possibly, but not anything that would be used very much, even by them?

Anyway, updated again up to Svelk and Decimus. We also need Dodge Rolls for Decimus, Svelk and now Vesalius?

Then it's just the tanks and last 2 Sisters to end Round 1.

Added a dodge roll to Vesalius's most recent post. As an aside: would Vesalius be eligible for any sort of cover bonus considering he's lying prone and is up on the roof of a 2+ level building? His dodge roll made this a moot point, but it may be applicable for future attack rolls.

Ooh, very good point, should have been a -10 to Hit for being Prone, apologies for missing it.

I'll edit it as a Miss, as you might want the Dodge before the end of the Round?

@Beren: Just to check, are you still flying at this point?

Cool. Just realised as Decimus is engaged, I can finish up Round 1 Actions as his fight with the Repentia and Sister B won't affect the rest.

Edit: Just a thought for BC, as you haven't rolled a Dodge yet for the Repentia's Charge, you could choose to just take the hit. Then you could use the All Out Attack action to use your Reaction to make a second attack? Might give you a better shot at taking out the Repentia before she gets to attack again in Round 2?

Will change the pic once we start Round 2.

Edited by Lysimachus

Quick question for those who know the rules better: can you call Squad Actions when you're engaged in CC?

I'm just thinking ahead to the Sister Superior's turn, where she's currently fighting Ithan. In my head, I think she'd be very much focused on her individual fight rather than ordering her squad forward, but I'm not sure if that's in line with the rules or not...?

Quick question for those who know the rules better: can you call Squad Actions when you're engaged in CC?

Yes, though if it is one of the squad modes that takes an action the character might not be able to fight as a result (and so may choose not to).

Ok I am back, for real I hope, life has settled down again thankfully after those busy busy weeks (another holiday would be nice, but then I would fall even further behind).

Thank you Lysimachus with helping me catch up with squad Beta. Now I just need to catch up in this thread and maybe skim read what the brothers in Alpha have been doing, saw some maps and combat roles as I scrolled past so hope it is going well for them.

I know I have some placeholders to fill (and just dropped another one in) but have scheduled some time tomorrow to do so.

Edit: Fellow Squad Beta, as I am still a little lost, aside from leavening your armour behind did you take all your weapons? Brynjarr’s shield is clearly to big to hide/disguise so that’s on the ship, but I am unsure about the power axe. Naval Bolter, combat knife and grenades are easy enough too hid but the axe I am not sure on.

Edited by Trokair

Great to have you back mate! I'll work on a response from the Hive granny later, but as far as weapons go, you are free to take what you want. Orphiel has his Stormbolter packed away, so Brynjarr's axe is fair game? I can't remember what Sobek decided about Radago's relic sword...?

That said, you probably won't come up against anything in the Underhive that will need that much armour penetration... probably. :P

Also, note to Alpha, Sister I did Run last Round so will be -20 to Hit Ranged. I've not checked yet if that makes any difference to shots fired so far...

Edit edit: So if my poor brain is working, Mol's Bolter Assault shot still hits, AT's becomes a miss, and AT's regular Action SAB gets 1 hit?

Triple edit: Nope, AT's Bolter Assault does Hit.

Edited by Lysimachus

Ok I am back, for real I hope, life has settled down again thankfully after those busy busy weeks (another holiday would be nice, but then I would fall even further behind).

Thank you Lysimachus with helping me catch up with squad Beta. Now I just need to catch up in this thread and maybe skim read what the brothers in Alpha have been doing, saw some maps and combat roles as I scrolled past so hope it is going well for them.

I know I have some placeholders to fill (and just dropped another one in) but have scheduled some time tomorrow to do so.

Edit: Fellow Squad Beta, as I am still a little lost, aside from leavening your armour behind did you take all your weapons? Brynjarr’s shield is clearly to big to hide/disguise so that’s on the ship, but I am unsure about the power axe. Naval Bolter, combat knife and grenades are easy enough too hid but the axe I am not sure on.

Welcome back man.  :wink:

Just pack it in a rucksack, or better yet put your compact boltgun under a big jacket or something, like they do in Micheal Mann's Heat (Al Pacino etc) for the bank robbery.

That said, you probably won't come up against anything in the Underhive that will need that much armour penetration... probably. :tongue.:

Such lies.

Also:

In before Steel Company's comments about Overkill.... :wink:

Good to see you, Trokair!

Work is the usual mess, even just a week in, so I’ll be jumping in and out the Board a bit for the foreseeable future

Just holler if you need anything specific !

Well, Ithan and the Sister Superior are having a cinematic mano e manita at the moment... if you want I can work out the rolls and let you know what happens game-wise, did you want to write a short fluff post to go with it? (No stress if you can't though, I can keep covering?)

Sorry Mol, edited into my post above, Sister I ran in her last Round so is at -20 to hit. Think AT Rolled a 27 and needed a 22?

Edit: unless I've missed something else... hang on.

BS42 +10(Short Range) - 20(Running Target) = 32?

Never mind, my mistake. Will mod the summary post.

OK, following the above, I won't post the Sister Superior's Actions right now, they can be included when Xin is ready to post.

I will say that she won't be able to call for a Bolter Assault from the other Sisters, as she's too busy facing off against the 8ft axeman covered in skulls... (I know a PC could do both, but she doesn't have an Astartes' many enhancements! :P)

So we need Vesalius, Svelk and Decimus' Bolter Assault Actions, then we can move back to the Traveller's regular Actions and then on to Draak's.

Edit: @Necro: For your honesty, and the fact that the FP in question got kinda wasted after the Big E saved her, I'll refund it to you! :D

Edited by Lysimachus