Warhawk by Chris Wraight

Jaghati is clearly not properly dead going by that spoiler text, he will be back. I bet he didn't even have the proper primarch death highlander style energy release thing!

What is really exciting me here is that this is the book where Sigismund goes on his traitor champion killing rampage :woot:  I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS!

Don't think the Khan is perma-dead...but if he is, would certainly be disappointing (to me).

Another possibility is that BL just keep his fate ambiguous indefinitely, to generate speculation.

On Shiban, looks like they just fixed him back up...again. I thought he'd be headed for a dreadnought.
Edited by b1soul

On Shiban, looks like they just fixed him back up...again. I thought he'd be headed for a dreadnought.

We don't know anything, yet about Shiban.  Don't even know if he goes with the rest of his Legion.  I've been thinking he would link up with Loken and the Dread Biters.  He might not even make it back to the Legion before they leave.

I think the spoilers do at least make it sound like a very interesting book. 

For me not on the hype level of book 7, but a lot happening nonetheless.

Was disappointed to hear there is barely any Sanguinius in it but I suppose he will be all over book 7 ( and 8). Still curious as to how Mortarion killing the Khan would actuallly banish him, if that is something previously established.

I think the spoilers do at least make it sound like a very interesting book.

For me not on the hype level of book 7, but a lot happening nonetheless.

Was disappointed to hear there is barely any Sanguinius in it but I suppose he will be all over book 7 ( and 8). Still curious as to how Mortarion killing the Khan would actuallly banish him, if that is something previously established.

I think it's more of the concept of the Khan leaving himself open so he can strike a return blow and banish mortarion as a result

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I'm not reading these ones, but I'm always highly sceptical of these sort of early spoiler summaries. Plot points can often sound very different without context, or if presented in a particular way by the person giving them. There have been a bunch such summaries where I read the book myself, then saw the "summary" later and was stunned at how misrepresentative it was.

100%.

one of the guys on reddit offering up spoilers is convinced dorn killed omegon not alpharius and that the

"alpharius" from mortis
is without doubt actually the primarch himself. so you're not exactly getting info through an undistorted lens. 

add to that that wraight's strength as a writer comes more from the joy of his writing and characterisation in and of itself rather than the plot points, making it impossible for a dot point summary to do his work justice.

to clarify: my personal lack of enthusiasm is an overall one with the siege at this point not wraight: for the third last book a lot of this reads out of place for where and how i would expect or hope things would be playing out by now. it just hits me as ...disjointed? i'm sure the book itself will be well written, i'm expecting to shed tears like a blood angels primarch on a tuesday.

Wait...

Alpharius was in Mortis? Can you tell me more about that?

One thing I'm majorly disappointed in is the note that

There's no scene featuring the Emperor in the book. So basically, all the E scenes we got so far are, what, in French's books? Does he have dibs or something?

And Sanguinius? One scene. One.

Edited by DarkChaplain

One thing I'm majorly disappointed in is the note that

There's no scene featuring the Emperor in the book. So basically, all the E scenes we got so far are, what, in French's books? Does he have dibs or something?

And Sanguinius? One scene. One.

Thank just means ADB is doing a whole book on him :devil:

one of the guys on reddit offering up spoilers is convinced dorn killed omegon not alpharius and that the

"alpharius" from mortis
is without doubt actually the primarch himself. so you're not exactly getting info through an undistorted lens. 

Wait...

Alpharius was in Mortis? Can you tell me more about that?

someone who has actually read mortis might be able to shine more light but from what i know:

there's a "giant warrior" accompanying actae on a mission to reach the emperor, who calls himself "alpharius". there's no evidence that he's anything beyond a normal 20th legion astartes but there's also nothing that absolutely rules out that he's omegon either.
Edited by mc warhammer

Think so? I found the basic framework of the spoilers lined up well with expectation.

Only one item really stood out, but hopefully Wraight can salvage it, like French did with Ol in Mortis.

Of course. It's almost completing a 180 from how things are established to have played out in all previous background on his relationship with Typhus, the journey to Terra and his general fall to Nurgle.

Mind you, i'm not judging the quality of anything until i read it.

Think so? I found the basic framework of the spoilers lined up well with expectation.

Only one item really stood out, but hopefully Wraight can salvage it, like French did with Ol in Mortis.

Of course. It's almost completing a 180 from how things are established to have played out in all previous background on his relationship with Typhus, the journey to Terra and his general fall to Nurgle.

Ah get what your saying, I'm talking in even broader strokes. The details will have to wait.

i just read the mortarion entry in blood of the emperor and that's a bridging story that makes sense of the 180 in just one short analogy. really clever stuff from wraight.

It may not just be Amazon who have supplies.  Galaxy Books (Sydney, Oz) just put up the preview covers for September releases and Warhawk was among them, as was the PB edition of Indomitus and a AoS anthology.  Will be interesting if the HB comes out before the LE.

edit: just went to their website and Warhawk HB is listed as in stock :wacko.: so I placed an order.  Now to see if/when it turns up or I get a whoops sorry email in short order.:sweat:

THANKS FOR THE TIP!  I’ve just placed an order for a uk delivery … lets see if it happens!

hang in there … mine just arrived so yours will get there eventually (pending the will of the shipping gods of winds & water).  Now to get stuck in…

Edited by Felix Antipodes