Next Primaris Reveal or Release (speculation)

Imma just go ahead and say that back in January I called it. Let me be smug for today. Thank you.

How soon after Valrak fed you the info did you "call it?"
Now that's where you are wrong buddy ;)

I have know about the release since September last year. And it wasnt Valrak who first told me about it, but he did indeed confirm what I knew. Hence why I always said he has a legit source, and for you guys to trust him.

Edited by Sete

Imma just go ahead and say that back in January I called it. Let me be smug for today. Thank you.

Now that's where you are wrong buddy :wink:

I have know about the release since September last year.

So the answer to my question is "four months."

Good lookin' out.

Now that's where you are wrong buddy :wink:

I have know about the release since September last year.

So the answer to my question is "four months."

Good lookin' out.

Oh I dont think so ;) Edited by Sete

lol sete has been hinting at these rumors in the BT section for a while before Valrak, since late last year and the info that Valrak made public was thrown around since January. Laeroth also was basically backing sete up so yeah the BT has had some of these rumors for a while, no one truly believed them because every time GW gives us attention its an absolute slap in the face but this time it seems like its going to be different.

Personally I'm dissapointed that BT are going to get specific units (outside of characters which I think do need a refresh). They should complete the generic primaris units first then move of to specific units for multiple chapters.

You dont know how long we wait for that. We suffered soo much. We went to a codex which was wrong at the time. We lost our flavour, we lost everything until mid of 8th edition. No real BT release for over 16 years although we used to be one of the "big 4" (SW + BA + DA + BT).

Every time there was a Marine release we had the feeling that its a Ultramarines + Raven Guard + White Scars + .... release and we just benefit from the other subfactions.

it was way earlier.

Personally I'm dissapointed that BT are going to get specific units (outside of characters which I think do need a refresh). They should complete the generic primaris units first then move of to specific units for multiple chapters.

I get the feeling generic Primaris are finished now. The releases in Indomitus have filled the final niches of melee (Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard), fast units (Outriders, ATVs and Stormspeeders), anti-tank (Eradicators) and MBTs (Gladiators). Whilst there is always going to be the option for GW to bring in something new, I feel like it is possible to field a well rounded Primaris force without any reliance on Firstborn if you wish. Of course firstborn still have some good units that are not in the Primaris line (Drop Pods, Van Vets, Terminators) but you can get by perfectly well without them.

I have no objection to BT getting some love. I just hope BAs and Wolves get some shiny new units and characters too sooner rather than later. :smile.:

@Medjugorje personally I think they should be contained within the Imperial Fists supplement. To me Black Templars aren't that special or different that they can be done justice in the IF supplement. GW should focus on the first founding chapters to ensure they have the necessary flavour before branching out. That is just my view anyways and realise others will disagree.

@Karhedron that is really interesting. I completely disagree though and think primaris will have at least one more wave before being complete. To name one Primaris don't have a flyer.

If GW do go down the route of unique Primaris units and not just characters, then hopefully the Ultramarines supplement will feature some new units when it finally drops.

Some ranged veterans perhaps, or a unique assault unit.

BA, DA, SW all have a bunch of unique kits beyond just characters, so they might not see upgrades until the next Codex cycle or edition.

Well, I'll just go ahead and "call it" again... no little birds whispering in my ear, just predictions based on available data:

1) The Templars will be the only significant chapter-specific expansion this edition

2) There will be one final generic Primaris wave NEXT year, featuring the closest equivalents we've seen and ever will see for Terminators (Gravis dudes with TH+SS), actual Assault Marines (Close Support Omnis dudes), Vanguard Vets (Shrike-armored boyos with lightning claws), and the dark horse, one more Tacticus-armored Fire Support squad (have grav-rifle, will travel). This will be in addition to sure-as-:cuss: MPK Outriders and Suppressors (who may share a kit with the "Oppressor" Assault Marine EQ). All this plus your generic Champion (coming to you live about a year after the Emperor's Champion has had a year to brag about being the only Primaris Champion model in the game), your Captain on Bike, and the beginnings of your "character with jump capability" line. Accompanying this of course will be the fourth Space Marine codex in six years.

3) The remaining supplements will drop during this process, but unlike in 2019, only three of the factions will get new models. Smurfs, Fists, and Scars will all get named characters - my bets would be Cassius for the blue boys, Lysander for the Fists, and a specific Captain who can double as a generic "Primaris Khan on Bike" for the Scars. They might also see some simple rebranded squads like the Hounds of Morkai or the Death Company Intercessors. Meanwhile, the former Shattered Legions will be completely shattered upon once again and not receive anything but their supplement and maybe some dice.

4) Tenth Edition is when the actual chapter-specific range expansions similar to this Templars wave will start rolling out. Rejoice if you play one of the Big Four.

5) Iron Hands will get their second named character sometime around 2087.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

I get the feeling generic Primaris are finished now. The releases in Indomitus have filled the final niches of melee (Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard), fast units (Outriders, ATVs and Stormspeeders), anti-tank (Eradicators) and MBTs (Gladiators). Whilst there is always going to be the option for GW to bring in something new, I feel like it is possible to field a well rounded Primaris force without any reliance on Firstborn if you wish. Of course firstborn still have some good units that are not in the Primaris line (Drop Pods, Van Vets, Terminators) but you can get by perfectly well without them.

I have no objection to BT getting some love. I just hope BAs and Wolves get some shiny new units and characters too sooner rather than later. :smile.:

I mean they're still missing melee jump troops at the very least, but pretty sure previous pages touched on the gaps in the generic primaris range already

@Medjugorje personally I think they should be contained within the Imperial Fists supplement. To me Black Templars aren't that special or different that they can be done justice in the IF supplement. GW should focus on the first founding chapters to ensure they have the necessary flavour before branching out. That is just my view anyways and realise others will disagree.

@Karhedron that is really interesting. I completely disagree though and think primaris will have at least one more wave before being complete. To name one Primaris don't have a flyer.

BT are almost the complete opposite of IF...one is a chapter that specializing in defensive warfare primarily using ranged weapons, while the other is melee focused army (of a non-jump variety)

I feel HIs are pretty much meant to be an IF unit, and BGVs should be the strongest primaris unit BTs can take.

Mean while every other chapter of dorn is very shooty as far as I know

If GW do go down the route of unique Primaris units and not just characters, then hopefully the Ultramarines supplement will feature some new units when it finally drops.

Some ranged veterans perhaps, or a unique assault unit.

BA, DA, SW all have a bunch of unique kits beyond just characters, so they might not see upgrades until the next Codex cycle or edition.

that last bit is why I don't think we'll see dedicate faction specific kits until the very end of the edition.

And sorry but why would smurfs get their own special assault unit? That's not really what they're known for...

I mean they're still missing melee jump troops at the very least, but pretty sure previous pages touched on the gaps in the generic primaris range already

I am not convinced that we will get Jump melee units in Primaris. After all, we don't have Primaris Devastators. Eradicators, Eliminators and Hellblaters all provide heavy fire support without resembling the traditional Devastator squad. In the same way, Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard provide melee capability without copying traditional Assault squads.

That is why I am not convinced a Jump melee squad is coming. Just because there are some firstborn units that do not have a 1:1 Primaris equivalent does not mean Primaris have a gap in capability or that we should expect a direct replacement.

Not sure why you figured this was an opinion was worth sharing. I'll do you a favor and not share my opinion about your faction of choice. :wink:

Please take that favour further....dont respond to me again. It was a conversation involving someone else. Last time I checked it wasnt your job to police my thoughts  :wink:

@ Inquisitor_Lensoven. I agree they are the opposite, however I believe they can be captured in a supplement adequately. They need to get the first founding sorted first imo.

Edited by Subtleknife

I am not convinced that we will get Jump melee units in Primaris. After all, we don't have Primaris Devastators. Eradicators, Eliminators and Hellblaters all provide heavy fire support without resembling the traditional Devastator squad. In the same way, Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard provide melee capability without copying traditional Assault squads.

That is why I am not convinced a Jump melee squad is coming. Just because there are some firstborn units that do not have a 1:1 Primaris equivalent does not mean Primaris have a gap in capability or that we should expect a direct replacement.

Primaris are apparently set up like the old legions, the old legions had melee jump troops.

No one is saying there will be a 1:1 replacement for assault marines or VV, but there will be a similar equivalent just like there are similar equivalents for devastators, tacticals, terminators, and scouts.

I think from our perspective the primaris range is starting to feel complete but I'm not sure GW feels the same way. I really think they may just keep adding stuff to the range until we stop buying it. A lot of our units have so much overlap already that they can make new units without a ton effort. I honestly don't they'll stop doing it until we don't buy all their stock in week. 

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a jump melee unit at some point. I just don't expect it to be troop, and I'm not sure if every chapter will have access too it. I really expect the next wave of marine supplements to have unique units and at some point RG or BA will get a jump melee squad. 

I think from our perspective the primaris range is starting to feel complete but I'm not sure GW feels the same way. I really think they may just keep adding stuff to the range until we stop buying it. A lot of our units have so much overlap already that they can make new units without a ton effort. I honestly don't they'll stop doing it until we don't buy all their stock in week.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a jump melee unit at some point. I just don't expect it to be troop, and I'm not sure if every chapter will have access too it. I really expect the next wave of marine supplements to have unique units and at some point RG or BA will get a jump melee squad.

i feel next edition's wave of releases will have a FA or elite choice that's melee jump infantry available to all marines.

Even if it's as simple as 3 models with storm shields, and power weapons with an FNP or something

Thing is, we've already seen a Primaris melee jump unit. It's just a loadout that has to date been restricted to a single named character.

And I doubt GW spent all that time JUST to make a kick-ass Shrike model and never planned a chapter-agnostic squad to be rolling with a very similar look.

(Though when we do see the full squad, I expect dual Lightning Claws but maybe there will be an option to run a single Claw along with a Heavy Bolt Pistol).

Edited by Lord Nord

@ Inquisitor_Lensoven. I agree they are the opposite, however I believe they can be captured in a supplement adequately. They need to get the first founding sorted first imo.

and why... Just because they are called first founding by GW???

Its about the theme which is important.

Wolves have that, Blood Angels have that... even Ultramarines have this in their unique way (being the normal marine by exemplar) and Templars are the crusading ones which fit as a chapter more then anything else after sm chapters are based on orders of knights.

I dont think Fists have that clear theme we all have a reference in the real world on it.

Edited by Captain Idaho
Removed quote of unnecessary content