First Legion, 13th Chapter “Guardians of the Covenant”, 8th

ToyShip

Guardians of the Covenant

gallery_13174_17036_14758.jpeg

Pictured here is a five man squad of First Legion Astartes of the 13th Chapter in action upon the Pale Moon of Xakthres. Exemplars of their kind, the 13th Chapter took great pride in the utter destruction of their foes and the annihilation of all knowledge they held.

gallery_13174_17036_123887.jpeg

This pict-capture is of a singular Legionnaire, one of a hundred such Sable Clad Knights deployed by the 8th Company, 13th Chapter. To many outside the First Legion their markings are esoteric and unfathomable, but to the 8th Company under Knight-Praetor Aganus their markings are utilitarian and uncomplicated compared to many of their brothers within the Legion. Note the serialized Phobos pattern boltgun.
gallery_13174_17036_304021.jpeg
The modified armorial pictured is the crossed sword symbol of the 13th Chapter. Non-standard markings such as this were common throughout out the First Legion, calling out their allegiance to Chapter and Order.
gallery_13174_17036_40886.jpeg
The crowned skull icon worn by the 8th Company is in honor of Knight-Praetor Aganus, a veteran of the Terran wars of Unification and the Pacification of Luna. He was a member of the now defunct Host of Crowns and the icon shown here is a combination of that Host’s icon and Aganus’ personal heraldry. Much of the Company’s demeanor and way of war is derived from his ancient knowledge and they wear his heraldry with great pride.

Thank you guys! For the bases I will go back in once I have the next 5 for the unit done. I’m thinking some cracked earth is in order. Some tufts of brownish grass and some rocks thrown in. Either going with a desert tan or ash wastes.