Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

I open multiple browsers (the queue is based on your browser rather than IP address), so with 2 laptops and my phone I had 7 queues.

I opened them all at pretty much the same time, but the variation in wait times is quite staggering.

However, my shortest was 6 minutes, so I was in and out by 10 past 10. I have closed the other browsers but 3 of them were still at >45 mins....

Edited by StraightSilver

I open multiple browsers (the queue is based on your browser rather than IP address), so with 2 laptops and my phone I had 7 queues.

I opened them all at pretty much the same time, but the variation in wait times is quite staggering.

However, my shortest was 6 minutes, so I was in and out by 10 past 10. I have closed the other browsers but 3 of them were still at >45 mins....

If you guys do that, please be nice and hit the „leave queue“ button instead of just closing the browser… don‘t even want to know how many of us are patiently waiting for irrelevant sessions to time out…

There is no elites there, only troops. So no terminators, banshees, scorpions, berzerkers, etc.

It seems that marine fireteams cannot be mixed, so only tacticals/scouts will have decent enough firepower/melee.

I guess we will see an Elites supplement in a year or two, meh

Ork Kommandos are élite

Guard Veterans are élite

SM Reivers and scouts are elites

Tau stealth suits are élite

And so on

;)

If theyre trying to balance by relatively uniform squad size it seems fair enough.

Well once I can take chainsword wielding Grey Hunters :)

GW have said that if you go on their site before 10am, your position in the queue will be randomised. If you go on their site after 10am, you will be put on the end of the queue, exactly as if you were joining a real line in a shop.

If you guys do that, please be nice and hit the „leave queue“ button instead of just closing the browser… don‘t even want to know how many of us are patiently waiting for irrelevant sessions to time out…

Should have pointed out, I did leave the queue before closing the browser. :)

Should have pointed out, I did leave the queue before closing the browser. :)

Wasn’t specifically targeted at you, just some general thought ;)

Worth noting that despite the pretty mega queue times that as of 11:30 BST the delivery time is still being reported as 28/08 so that should mean they're still working out of their initial production batch and not on to Made-to-Order.

Hopefully that means that GW really did ramp up their production massively for this one and actually got a better idea of demand. Other than Dominion I think this is the first box that has remained in stock for an hour and a half for quite some time. Obviously the MtO period might have helped slow down orders a bit, but considering how massive the queue times have been, I reckon a lot of people are still trying to get hold of the initial batch.

Also, props to GW on actually regularly updating the queue system with messages about what's happening with the stock levels, that's a nice improvement.

Edit: Just seen that Dark Sphere are apparently reporting they are going to be getting 950 copies of Octarius: https://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=134936 Normally Dark Sphere's stock estimates are bang on so that would definitely suggest that GW have massively ramped up production if Dark Sphere have been allocated nearly 1000 copies of the box!

Edited by RWJP

The shop I usually pulled off something unusual today for the pre-order.

There where two options. One undiscounted one for the fast pre-order and a discounted one for the made to order option.

Not very happy waiting so long for the rulebook. But I'll take the discount and split with tree people so everything is fine. And I absolutely approve of the way GW is fighting scalpers now.

A buddy ordered the rulebook and compendium separately so well have a warmup game in 2 weeks hopefully.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

Having thought about it, I'm going to wait to order anything. I don't need the box as I'm not fussed on Krieg and I like my own converted Orks, and £50-60 on rulebook+compendium seems a bit steep*.

*Especially when you consider GW track record, that the rulebook at this point will probably be full of typos/stuff that needs errata, and the compendium will be rendered more and more obsolete as we go 3/6/9/12 months along...

Happy to wait!

Ordered a copy at a discount, already offloaded the terrain, rulebook and campaign book bringing my net spend for the Krieg and Kommandoz to £20 :)

Im the opposite side of that coin. Got someone to take the models, terrain, board, and octarius book for 70% retail :)

As of 1315 GMT still a short queue on GW site but its not sold out

One red herring to look out for is theyre only guaranteeing a copy if you order this weekend. Seeeing a few pods/influencers etc saying its if you just preorder in gen

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Seems like there isn’t a mad rush for this box. 3 hours in the preorder window, and it is still easily available for delivery in two weeks.

Saying that though, the GW site has been updated and is now showing two options for ordering Octarius, one is the regular pre-order and the other is the MtO option. They're listed as separate products. That suggests to me that the initial wave of stock is going to run out pretty soon and GW are getting the site ready so that people can order MtO

Also, the 1 box per order limitation, plus the queue, plus the MtO period may have simply slowed down the rush.