Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

I wonder if the made to order process will apply to 3rd party sellers in the same was as it did for indomitus?

I really hope FLGSs can get as many copies as they want. I would prefer to order through my FLGS.

I suspect that depends on how quickly it goes MTO. Theyll get small allowance and told to wait a few days for an update my guess.

I've pre-ordered the box, but trying to learn the gameplay looks confusing as hell.

The three WarCom videos that promise you'll be a "Kill team Pro" don't actually explain much, and just highlight further things that you'll need to look up elsewhere.

It looks like it will be fun once you've done the hardwork of trying to decipher a ton of headache-inducing explanations of the new rule systems. My initial impression is that this comes from the "John Bracken School of Needless Density" without providing a simple overview to help get your bearings first.

I wonder if the made to order process will apply to 3rd party sellers in the same was as it did for indomitus?

I really hope FLGSs can get as many copies as they want. I would prefer to order through my FLGS.
I suspect that depends on how quickly it goes MTO. Theyll get small allowance and told to wait a few days for an update my guess.

Dark Sphere (UK) have posted to their Facebook page that as a result of the MTO pre-order guarantee, everybody who joins their register of interest (basically a soft commitment to buy) for Kill Team can have as many copies as they want, although obviously you may have to wait to receive it if the total number of orders exceeds their initial allocation from GW. That register closes tomorrow, so reading between the lines it looks like FLGS will have their initial orders (i.e. the ones that go to GW trade this week) guaranteed as well.

Having read the Goonhammer review and watched the GW videos, I'm feeling pretty confident that the new Kill Team is going to replace 40K as my primary game mode for GW stuff for the foreseeable future. This looks fun and solid.

so kill team is being developed as core game, while normal matches might soon start to be more of apocalypse kinda games where almost no one plays them?

That would be scary

40k has been heading into 28mm epic for a long time. When we started back in 2nd Ed you didn't need half the models that get used now. Things were generally more survivable and a lot less dice rolled. I love 40k but it has become quite silly

Having read the Goonhammer review and watched the GW videos, I'm feeling pretty confident that the new Kill Team is going to replace 40K as my primary game mode for GW stuff for the foreseeable future. This looks fun and solid.

That's been me for over a year even old KT is better than the main game

There are some elements of KT Narrative that I'd like to import into Crusade. The multi-game mission arcs (Spec Ops?) sound like an easy port. The stronghold stuff would take some work. But in any case, the narrative system in KT seems light years head of what it was previously, and that's a good thing, because I'm all about campaign play.

I'm getting the box, and I'm likely to play the heck out of this game- my partner is more likely to be talked into playing a small fast moving game than even a 25 PL Crusade game. But I'm always going to be looking for ways to combine the games to tell a better story.

Even if it is as simple as having one or two units in a Crusade's Order of Battle designated as a Kill Team instead of a part of the regular army.

I like what the Goons said about the Octarius Campaign book being a sign of things to come. This is what the game needs- real, ongoing support. For the prvious version, this was always hit or miss. This time around, they need to punch it up- we don't have a 40k Warhammer Quest game at the moment, so all of that drive should go into this game. 

It will never replace  Crusade for me; I will eventually miss monsters and vehicles... and yes, flyers and Lords of War too. Other people may have problems with this stuff in 40k, but I never did. When I first saw Epic being played in the 90's, I'd always hoped that one day that stuff would hit the 40k table. I find that many of the things people who don't like the 9th Edition identify as problems are things that I genuinely like. Maybe that's because I've always looked for the RPG inside the wargame, and I've ALWAYS thought of 40k more as "playing with toys" than playing a game.

It's why most of the "wargames" that so many people rave about as superior to 9th just bore me to tears.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

That narrative stuff looks rad as hell. Character progression, base building, resource collecting - I love it.

Now I really want to build a hex-based hive city campaign map using AT buildings...

Looks like Teminators will at least be a thing for Custodes.

Now that's interesting, since the Kill Team website doesn't list Allarus Terminators in the Custodes gallery. Gives me a little hope that there'll be a few more operatives available for other factions than what is shown there. Not much, but a little.

Edited by Cheex

There are some elements of KT Narrative that I'd like to import into Crusade. The multi-game mission arcs (Spec Ops?) sound like an easy port. The stronghold stuff would take some work. But in any case, the narrative system in KT seems light years head of what it was previously, and that's a good thing, because I'm all about campaign play.

I'm getting the box, and I'm likely to play the heck out of this game- my partner is more likely to be talked into playing a small fast moving game than even a 25 PL Crusade game. But I'm always going to be looking for ways to combine the games to tell a better story.

Even if it is as simple as having one or two units in a Crusade's Order of Battle designated as a Kill Team instead of a part of the regular army.

I like what the Goons said about the Octarius Campaign book being a sign of things to come. This is what the game needs- real, ongoing support. For the prvious version, this was always hit or miss. This time around, they need to punch it up- we don't have a 40k Warhammer Quest game at the moment, so all of that drive should go into this game.

It will never replace Crusade for me; I will eventually miss monsters and vehicles... and yes, flyers and Lords of War too. Other people may have problems with this stuff in 40k, but I never did. When I first saw Epic being played in the 90's, I'd always hoped that one day that stuff would hit the 40k table. I find that many of the things people who don't like the 9th Edition identify as problems are things that I genuinely like. Maybe that's because I've always looked for the RPG inside the wargame, and I've ALWAYS thought of 40k more as "playing with toys" than playing a game.

It's why most of the "wargames" that so many people rave about as superior to 9th just bore me to tears.

What you are saying about playing with toys instead of playing a game is my reason that the main 40k game is no longer my preferred option.

For too many years and editions all the people I know want to play competition lists; KT, AT and Apocalypse all help prevent that mentality and I am glad they exist despite them being less popular.

That narrative stuff looks rad as hell. Character progression, base building, resource collecting - I love it.

Now I really want to build a hex-based hive city campaign map using AT buildings...

Looks like Teminators will at least be a thing for Custodes.

Now that's interesting, since the Kill Team website doesn't list Allarus Terminators in the Custodes gallery. Gives me a little hope that there'll be a few more operatives available for other factions than what is shown there. Not much, but a little.

I still want to use Kill Team Cassius in Kill Team. All of them, including the bike.

Hopefully the Compendium includes the Core, Elites and even the Commanders options.

Whilst I know about hope I foolishly cling to it, kinda like a plastic crack addict.

:D

Honestly I hope commanders and elites generally are gone (custodes notwithstanding).

I'd like to see KT to be about small squads, expendables/ dirty dozen/ etc style.

Guess we'll see when the NDAs drop