Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

What would you say the terrain is worth at separate box prices? Trying to work out how my mate are I are going to split the cost of 2 boxes (I'm taking all the terrain and Orks).

I expect it to come around at battlezone charadon pricing in a couple weeks

Edited by excelite

What would you say the terrain is worth at separate box prices? Trying to work out how my mate are I are going to split the cost of 2 boxes (I'm taking all the terrain and Orks).

I expect it to come around at battlezone charadon pricing in a couple weeks

And the rest, it's not even on pre order yet :p

Well we know these sort of boxes offer around a 40-45% discount vs buying everything separately, so there is about £230ish of "value" in the box. We also know the standalone prices of the core book (£30), essentials kit (£20) and cards (£12), and can make an educated guess at the price of the infantry kits (£39.50 each) which gives us £141 of product at full price, and so that puts the standalone value of the terrain kits somewhere in the region of £90.

Goonhammer unboxing and review are up also. Very excited by the Ork terrain after reading the unboxing - if the plan works and I end up with two lots of the scenery, I'm definitely going to make use that huge Ork building in games.

Mod edit: Link added.

Edited by Juggernut

Goonhammer unboxing and review are up also. Very excited by the Ork terrain after reading the unboxing - if the plan works and I end up with two lots of the scenery, I'm definitely going to make use that huge Ork building in games.

Mod edit: Link added.

From the review:

Games in Kill Team 2.0 take place over four rounds – called Turning Points for some reason – and are split into three phases:

Had me a chuckle at that.

And:

though it remains to be seen if Games Workshop can curb its worst impulses and stop itself from adding dozens of new ploys to the game with every expansion.

I share this concern. Not just with adding new ploys but just adding and adding and adding before really nailing the basics. The game sounds good though, and I'm super stoked to give it a try!

Edited by Juggernut

£30 for a softback is hilarious, especially when the vast majority of people will want the Compendium since most won't be running Veterans/Kommandos. Even at my most cynical I expected them to be £25. 

So much for being the gateway game. A newbie is looking at £92 of books and tat before they've even bought their first box of models. £80 if they ignore the cards, which can probably be read out of the book. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Pete the Wargamer also just uploaded a video

using the new box, which has a few of his thoughts on the sprues.

They look great, glad to see it's relatively straightforward to make them not-Krieg.

Cards are pleasantly surprisingly cheaper than I thought

The Killteam essentials though...€25 is robbery. Definitely using something else for the tokens

Watching the influencer videos, seems barricades are 'free' for everybody to encourage people to buy the Essentials box too.

Laser cutter go brrrr.

YouTube links for those who want to watch captions without sound:

Edit: oh… of course captions don’t work for them. Cool.

Getting started:

Initiative and Strategy Phase:

Firefight Phase:

Edited by Juggernut

Cards are pleasantly surprisingly cheaper than I thought

The Killteam essentials though...€25 is robbery. Definitely using something else for the tokens

Watching the influencer videos, seems barricades are 'free' for everybody to encourage people to buy the Essentials box too.

Laser cutter go brrrr.

My barricades are going to look a lot like vehicle doors and leftover bits of mechanicus terrain

Getting started:

Firefight Phase:

I'm sure Patrick is his own person, but he looks so much like Aaron from The Walking Dead that I don't see anybody else. 

Getting started:

Firefight Phase:

I'm sure Patrick is his own person, but he looks so much like Aaron from The Walking Dead that I don't see anybody else.

I like the little smile right before the cuts. Not a criticism, just probably a pattern of sorts that they follow. “Ok, positivity, lots of smiles!”

I already have barricades from the sector fronteris and other kits too

I can make my tokens by myself

and i don't need those fancy gauges cause i already have a ruler

If i will find some people in my club that will like to play new KT we don't need to spend 25€ for those things

Just one rulebook and one compendium to share in the club and maybe the cards... maybe

Glass Half Dead pretty much only covers Kill-Team (and some other skirmish games), so whilst I don't ordinarily shill for influencers (heh) I feel most confident in taking his word for it.

His TLDR:

• It's a fun game.
  • Very strong theme, more so than 1.0.
  • Mechanics are (spec ops) thematic, even in competitive. 
  • Directly compares it to a tabletop version of XCOM
  • "It's more like Necromunda with 40k models"

• It's not fast paced.
  • It's not simple.
  • It's not 'easy'.
  • It's not War Cry 40k.
  • It's no longer a patched up 'smaller 40k'

• Octarius is a 'clear vision of the future'.
  • Teams are standardised, no fiddling with individual loadouts
  • Expects more Kill-Teams like Veterans and Kommandos to be the new normal, expect more 'SpecOps' models
  • Compares using 40k models in the Compendium to 'Indexes' in 8th - holdovers until everybody gets a dedicated Kill-Team box
Edited by Lord Marshal

Getting started:

Firefight Phase:

I like the little smile right before the cuts. Not a criticism, just probably a pattern of sorts that they follow. “Ok, positivity, lots of smiles!”

It’s more likely a little chuckle to himself and just how handsome he is