Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

At least now you know he's a HQ since he got a rock to put his foot on!

It looks like the modeller is obsessed with some anime, so he/she/they put all models with their legs on some kind of mini-pedestal to make a model look like an anime-style japaneese school-girl

I might replace one or two of the pauldrons with a Mk. II or III pattern one, assuming the latter would fit. That, and/or giving him one studded one, like the one in the IH upgrade kit.

I was thinking the same thing with the mkIII, maybe rotate the sword 90° as well. And give him a neck chain.

As someone who has bought over a hundred deathwatch black templar pauldrons, I certainly wouldn't mind a couple dozen ones that the new champion has... I dare not even think what we will get in the crusader and sword brethren kits

Do you think they will be unique kits or standard SM kits with upgrade bits?

While I prefer the original in several respects, overall I think this is a great update. My only qualms:

- I miss the chain & pendant

- I prefer the old advancing pose, but I really like how he's holding the sword almost like a crucifix, like someone said

- the foot on rock thing. 

- the vambraces; they aren't bad of course, but i like the old flared one

- cloth is a bit long

- I was going to say that I wished they weren't identical and had a little more bling, but a pauldron swap might be the easiest customization in this entire hobby outside of headswaps

Overall, I really like it and I'm super excited to see what is to come. 

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

Well The thing that makes me happy most is, that they are listening us and making changes accordingly. The Emperors Champion reveal is actually a thing that is heard. They might release Helbrecht or something but they made EC as we all shouted that it should be first.

Also, I pretty much liked the model, only thing that looks a bit off is the long loincloth but thats easily fixable. 

I wonder how will be Grimaldus and Helbrecht will be. Damn, did you saw the Templar Banner and Braziered Primaris Templars on the artwork that is released with the EC?

Hypetrain is ongoing... The Emperor Delivers.

No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear!

As someone who has bought over a hundred deathwatch black templar pauldrons, I certainly wouldn't mind a couple dozen ones that the new champion has... I dare not even think what we will get in the crusader and sword brethren kits

They'll be unique kits I'm sure. Will see how well they can be used to up-templar my existing crusaders

They'll be unique kits I'm sure. Will see how well they can be used to up-templar my existing crusaders

My only concern in that regard with a launch box coming is the impact of monopose miniatures...

I'd really like a BT LUNCH box :P

I don't follow the most recent releases and - given the number of boxed releases - I feel a bit confused and overwhelmed to do research, so I'd like to ask you - based on other said releases (launch boxes, whatever they are), what can we expect in the BT box?

I'd really like a BT LUNCH box :tongue.:

I don't follow the most recent releases and - given the number of boxed releases - I feel a bit confused and overwhelmed to do research, so I'd like to ask you - based on other said releases (launch boxes, whatever they are), what can we expect in the BT box?

Well the rumors say that:

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

Primaris Emperors Champion (Really)

Primaris Crusader Squad

Primaris Marshall

Primaris Sword Brethren

Upgrade Sprue

If we assume a similar release as to the most recent ones that got launch boxes like Lumineth for AoS and the Beast Snagga box I would say we could be looking at:

Ltd. Ed. Codex

Datacards

1 character

2 units

So for the Templars:

Ltd ed. Codex

Datacards

1 character

Crusade squad

Sword Brethren squad

Seem likely?

Edited by ashc

There's only been two boxes dedicated to a faction, as opposed to a battle box. The sisters one, and the Beast Snaggas.

Sisters had a canoness, 10 troops, 4 retributors and superior, a penitent engine, 3 Arco flagellants and 5 seraphim.

But they were all monopose.

TBH I dont care about monopose. I converted nearly EVERY Marine I have into black Templar and They were all monopose. Ther are no more.

I will convert them too as long as the release comes. I want that BT Box

I'd really like a BT LUNCH box :P

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

Primaris Crusader Squad

Primaris Marshall

Primaris Sword Brethren

Upgrade Sprue

That list forgot the ancient. As we still dont have a generic ancient, id feel a bt ancient could be part of monopose sprue of some sort

I get that. The shame will be that usually I strip off plain pads in monopose kits to add Templar pads. But here we'll likely get them included, and it will be hard to get them off in one piece.

Oh sorry I understand it now.

You got a fair point, which is We could've use them as bits etc.

Wıth the Indomitus, and now this new Sm box (the necron+sm one, I cannot recall the name) I used only bodies, and some bladeguard arms. Apart from that I always trimmed or cut Black Templar shoulders. So I have got the same pain as you but neverthless, I want the box.

I'd really like a BT LUNCH box :tongue.:

Primaris Helbrecht

Primaris Grimaldus

Primaris Crusader Squad

Primaris Marshall

Primaris Sword Brethren

Upgrade Sprue

That list forgot the ancient. As we still dont have a generic ancient, id feel a bt ancient could be part of monopose sprue of some sort

Yea I tend to forget one model on that list always.. Yes The ancient is %99 confirmed btw

Edited by BayOkuz

There's only been two boxes dedicated to a faction, as opposed to a battle box. The sisters one, and the Beast Snaggas.

Sisters had a canoness, 10 troops, 4 retributors and superior, a penitent engine, 3 Arco flagellants and 5 seraphim.

There's actually been three so far. You're forgetting the Lumineth Realm-Lords for AoS which WAS the multipart kits.

So right now it's 2 out of 3, but....

There's actually been three so far. You're forgetting the Lumineth Realm-Lords for AoS which WAS the multipart kits.

So right now it's 2 out of 3, but....

I bought my son the beast snagga box and I'm pretty sure those models are multi-part. I'll take another look at the sprues a bit later after he wakes up. 

The thing I'm most curious about (and worried about) is whether a non-Primaris EC equivalent will still be available to ride in a Rhino or Land Raider. My guess is that, unfortunately, it won't be an eligible option since, as far as I'm aware, other Primarised unique characters completely replaced their previous iterations. On the other hand, all these characters were named characters and the EC, while being unique, isn't. Still, I'm not sure GW will take such a nuanced approach.

Perhaps there will be a skeleton key in the keywords. Perhaps any unit with the right keywords of Black Templar + Infantry, would allow mixed squads to enter said vehicle.

Oh how I would love to have my Mastodon filled with a zealous mix of crusader squads. Ah, to dream.

EDIT: Passing thought on who here thinks that the codex roadmap will reveal our book?

Edited by TheOneTrueZon