Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

The rules for the new one will be so much better you'll never look back. Likely they will straight up replace the old ones, as has happened before with models like Tiggy that got a Primaris upgrade.

You are probably right. I don't appreciate the way you put these things - I for one would like to look back and use the models that I bought and painted. I'd like them to have rules intended for them (preferably rules that are competitive) that get updated. But, in my stubbornness, I'm clearly in the minority here - it is apparent to me that what matters is 'progress' and future-proofing things with Primaris and promoting new kits. I understand that pretty well. Still, I'm a bit bitter that the product I have usually doesn't get "the right" support - but what that means isn't the topic of this thread and, frankly, I don't want to get into this.

What I'd want is for the Firstborn and Primaris Emperor's Champion to have "identical" rules, with the Firstborn equivalent having -1 A (per analogy to other Firsborn v. Primaris characters). Still, as I already stated and to reiterate what you said, it's most likely not going to happen.

TBH Making them in gravis armor wold be wise for GW to sell more units of a model, instead of just making people convert the Bladeguards as "SWORD BRETHEREN" but, To be honest the sword bretheren will be Blade Guard based and have a special ruleset like Dar Angel's Deathwing.

either way, I trush in what learoth said an waiting in with Hype.

While I think primaris will eventually get some kind of neo-terminator unit, I wouldn't expect it now. The blurb about swordbrethren being the only templars trained using terminator armor is basically signaling that sworbrethren = terminator honours.

My predictions for sword brethren will be veterans in tacticus armour, with combi weapons, since I'm meme-ing about that :p

The rules for the new one will be so much better you'll never look back. Likely they will straight up replace the old ones, as has happened before with models like Tiggy that got a Primaris upgrade.

You are probably right. I don't appreciate the way you put these things - I for one would like to look back and use the models that I bought and painted. I'd like them to have rules intended for them (preferably rules that are competitive) that get updated. But, in my stubbornness, I'm clearly in the minority here - it is apparent to me that what matters is 'progress' and future-proofing things with Primaris and promoting new kits. I understand that pretty well. Still, I'm a bit bitter that the product I have usually doesn't get "the right" support - but what that means isn't the topic of this thread and, frankly, I don't want to get into this.

What I'd want is for the Firstborn and Primaris Emperor's Champion to have "identical" rules, with the Firstborn equivalent having -1 A (per analogy to other Firsborn v. Primaris characters). Still, as I already stated and to reiterate what you said, it's most likely not going to happen.

While I have same feelings with you, I expect that Firstborn EC and other Firstborn substitutes of the newl releasing Primaris models will not have equavalent rules due to model selling reasons (I hope I will be wrong but...) 

As such, I am not sure what will be happen to the firstborn but from what I heard, after the actual release we will have zero questions in our head about this Firstborn issue.. I hope that means something good.

Ya'll going to want to take the Sword Brethren. I promise.

Not a question about rules or models.

But how strong do you think is our new suppelement. Is it close to Dark Angels or even better?

I 2nd this request, dis-regarding anything else, would the ruleset be considered competitive or not?

Ya'll going to want to take the Sword Brethren. I promise.

Not a question about rules or models.

But how strong do you think is our new suppelement. Is it close to Dark Angels or even better?

I 2nd this request, dis-regarding anything else, would the ruleset be considered competitive or not?
The book will be competitive. But if you are expecting Drukhari or Admech broken, you will be severely disappointed.

As for comparing to things like Dark Angels and Death Guard, time will tell if we are on par, above, or below those codices in strength. Many more games need to be played to unlock the book fully.

Edited by Marshal Laeroth

Were there actual rumors beyond ‘Wait and See’ and Characters + Sword Brethren?

You must have missed the ton of info already dropped around.

Sword bros will be in Tactical armour.

As far as I'm aware there wont be primaris terminators. I assume DA will have that honour later on, since they are the Terminator heavy chapter.

Laeroth you gon do KT strategy and shenanigans?

Edited by Sete

Were there actual rumors beyond ‘Wait and See’ and Characters + Sword Brethren?

You must have missed the ton of info already dropped around.

Sword bros will be in Tactical armour.

As far as I'm aware there wont be primaris terminators. I assume DA will have that honour later on, since they are the Terminator heavy chapter.

Laeroth you gon do KT strategy and shenanigans?

So my dream of Sword bros in Gravis armor is dead?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! hehehehe

Nobody has seen the lore? More to releases than models and rules.

Leaking lore and artwork early...That's a good way to get the forum shut down. GW semi tolerates model/rules leaks, but not when it comes to their lore/art.

I would not expect to see anything on those until preview weekend when we can review the books.

The Grand Alliance manages spoilers without CnDs, just wondering if any NEOs had seen this as well as Comp players. Really doubt GW is going to lose its mind if someone confirms the size of the chapter or who has and has not crossed the Rubicon Primaris. Cant see why AoS is open season but 40K lore isn’t. Edited by Marshal Rohr

Hopefully the opportunity remains to represent a non-primaris Emperor's Champion. Tigurius is a named character, so whether he keeps his old one doesn't matter, but I think it's important for the setting to be able to represent earlier eras. This can be done through the mechanic of making a chief librarian, in the context of replacing Tigurius.

The Grand Alliance manages spoilers without CnDs, just wondering if any NEOs had seen this as well as Comp players. Really doubt GW is going to lose its mind if someone confirms the size of the chapter or who has and has not crossed the Rubicon Primaris. Cant see why AoS is open season but 40K lore isn’t.

All relevant characters to our chapter crossed the Rubicon Primaris.

Guys, can we not just wait?

lol no

Gotta expect the Sword Brethren to be blinged out Assault Intercessors, maybe some power weapon options with an associated strat.  Sticking storm shields on them just makes them blade guard, which is a brand new kit GW isn't going to slow down sales on.