Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Guys, can we not just wait?

....  we have waited long enough. :P  

However like RedFox, I can wait but want to plan and budget accordingly. So I can save the right amount to buy everything at once chuck it on the bed and go swimming in a sea of shiny templary plastic crack....  to much? 

To that, do we know if we'll get everything at once on top of this suggested launch box?? 

To that, do we know if we'll get everything at once on top of this suggested launch box??

Launch boxes generally precede the main release as a sort of early bird + saving incentive - that's what they did with SoB, Lumineth, Beast Snaggas, etc.

Yeah launch boxes were released before the individual model kits, so if we are supposed to be out by October perhaps the box set is for September. Maybe we are much closer to the full info then expected but whatever the case I think Friday will shed a lot of light into the schedule because they either show everything and that means they want to release something soon or they drip a bit more of info and we just wait until we have the full picture and the release is a couple months away.

I hope the new rules are kind to Dreadnoughts or mechanized assault, I love Dreads and now the fact that Aurellian Shroud works for them is very tasty so I hope it doesnt go away or they get something in return for the loss of a 4++ for a turn. 

Edited by redmapa

Guys, can we not just wait?

lol no

Gotta expect the Sword Brethren to be blinged out Assault Intercessors, maybe some power weapon options with an associated strat. Sticking storm shields on them just makes them blade guard, which is a brand new kit GW isn't going to slow down sales on.

I'm expecting Sword Brethren to look a lot like Bladeguard actually...with full Templar iconography and more weapon options but minus the shields

You show me a kit with multiple models wielding swords in a a two-handed grip and I’ll show you a kit I’ll pre-order.

It would be awesome if Sword Brethren were posed in a similar fashion to the new two handed sword Stormcast that are releasing soon. We need more Space Marines posed in the heat of close quarter combat.

I don’t you know about you guys but damn I’m suddenly really feeling that zeal !

Rules wise, i wish sword brethens have w3,which fitted in the BGV template. W2 is just don't have "elite" feelings.

I’m sure they will be W3… maybe W4 in TDA.

Ya'll going to want to take the Sword Brethren. I promise.

Not a question about rules or models.

But how strong do you think is our new suppelement. Is it close to Dark Angels or even better?

I 2nd this request, dis-regarding anything else, would the ruleset be considered competitive or not?
The book will be competitive. But if you are expecting Drukhari or Admech broken, you will be severely disappointed.

As for comparing to things like Dark Angels and Death Guard, time will tell if we are on par, above, or below those codices in strength. Many more games need to be played to unlock the book fully.

This is really the ideal scenario imo. It will keep the waac tournament players away and if it just builds on all the good things we already have I think that will be just great.

Were combiweapons on Sword Brethren confirmed or conjecture?

A mixed arms elite Primaris power armour unit would fill a niche.

Alternatively think Bladeguard who ditch the shield and all take eviscerators and relic blades - that could be another angle.

I'm looking forward to finding out.

Alternatively think Bladeguard who ditch the shield and all take eviscerators and relic blades - that could be another angle.

Conjecture AFAIK. No primaris carries a combiweapon.

Conjecture AFAIK. No primaris carries a combiweapon.

I’m guessing Primaris Helbrecht carries a combi-melta?

My current theory is that they will not just be Templar Bladeguard, and that’s why Templar Bladeguard are in initiate colors.

The Indomitus BGV model was painted as a one-off and the painter wanted it to be recognisable, which was why he did it in initiate rather than SB colours. Max talked about it on stream at the time

whatever the case, most of the waiting is behind us now

Yeah, and I don't want the whole thing spoiled on here in rubbish little chunks.

Look how exciting the model announcement was, and we had zero leaks for it. Leaks kill anticipation, they're a bad drug we need to wean ourselves off of.

Thankfully Laeroth isn't giving out too many cheddar samples.

whatever the case, most of the waiting is behind us now

Yeah, and I don't want the whole thing spoiled on here in rubbish little chunks.

Look how exciting the model announcement was, and we had zero leaks for it. Leaks kill anticipation, they're a bad drug we need to wean ourselves off of.

Thankfully Laeroth isn't giving out too many cheddar samples.

You have my full support about this Brother, well said.

Trust in the Emperor, Brothars and keep vigilant! 

As our faith will be rewarded...

By the way, in case you have missed that, I put it on here

Games Workshop hinted TWICE that the Black Templars were going to get an update. The first was the Emperor’s Champion revamp out of nowhere. The next was a hint that was buried in a Kill Team post. “Going forwards, we’re looking at ways we can make sure you don’t miss out on other awesome box sets too. So if, for instance, there was a sweet new Black Templars launch box on the horizon (just imagine that!) then that also sounds like the sort of box we’d want to make sure you could all get your hands on.” 

My current theory is that they will not just be Templar Bladeguard, and that’s why Templar Bladeguard are in initiate colors.

The Indomitus BGV model was painted as a one-off and the painter wanted it to be recognisable, which was why he did it in initiate rather than SB colours. Max talked about it on stream at the time

RIP Sword Brethren and Blade Guard army idea

Not to mention the last few sentences in the community article for the EC release. Something about being assured he will not be standing alone. GW is no longer hinting and all expectation at this point should be this is a re-release.