Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

So, Primaris Neophytes? Will they get Cawl pattern Astartes Shotguns? I hope the Neophytes can take an Astartes Grenade Launcher. Also, what will the lore be? Are they neophytes that get the primaris upgrade with the rest of their implants? I mean, interesting dynamic, brand new recruits becoming Primaris, but there may still be some Initiates or Swordbrethren that have not yet crossed the Rubicon.

Do y'all think the Primaris Crusader Squad will get to take the new Pyreblaster, or will that be another squad of Primaris? Hell, I would love to see the Pyreblaster as an option for Suppressors. Whew, jump pack marines with 18" flamers? Yes please!

Does anyone not have a Redemptor yet? I still have to assemble my second, but I still have 1 to my name that is table ready. I was kind of hoping for a Repulsor Crusader, with the Gladiator Reaper turret and Sponson weapons, and maybe hull mount the 3 shot melta weapon from the Stormspeeder Hammerstrike or pintle mount a Multimelta, and let it transport 11. Eleven transport slots is a 10 man Crusader squad plus a character or a 5 man gravis squad and a character.

Also, you guys need a fortification. Hear me out, a pulpit overlooking a blazing bonfire, or maybe just wood stacked around a stake and all you need is a witch to burn. Put a Chaplain in the pulpit, and move a unit adjacent that just defeated a psyker character in melee, and score victory points, buff your forces, and/or debuff enemy units. Regular chapliain presides over burning psyker character nets d3VP, regular chaplain and psyker character who is warlord or GRIMALDUS and any psyker character nets 3VP, but GRIMALDUS presiding over the burning of the enemy warlord psyker should net at least 6VP. Also, a stratagem that allows for a marker to be put down for a psyker killed in shooting. It would be an interecting version of The Relic mission from previous editions. Take the witch's remains to be burned, but the enemy wants to recover the remains.

Also, do the Neophytes usually get tabards? And, how do y'all plan to paint the tabards? I mean, will the entire squad bear the Swordbrethren's heraldric colors, or is each Initiate getting his own heraldry, and his Neophyte will wear his mentor's colors?

Do y'all think the Primaris Crusader Squad will get to take the new Pyreblaster, or will that be another squad of Primaris? Hell, I would love to see the Pyreblaster as an option for Suppressors. Whew, jump pack marines with 18" flamers? Yes please!

The pyreblaster is shown as part of the Crusader Squad. However, the article also said, "This isn’t the last of the Black Templars, either. Remember a certain pyreblaster-toting Space Marine? Well, he’s got friends, and they’ll be joining the crusade towards the end of the year." Personally, I think it's referring to Helbrecht and Grimaldus, but it may be an all pyreblaster squad. 

"You better believe that it’s also bursting with rules, including bespoke Detachment Abilities, Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Litanies of the Devout, Relics, Crusade rules, special Characters, and six unique unit Datasheets. "

Wait, six? Then there is a problem:

Generally speaking, our unique units would be:

Helbrecht

Grimaldus

EC

Classic crusader squad

Primaris crusader squad

Sword brethen squad(just assume they all go primaris)

Cenobyte servitors

these is 7. One need to be removed.

Edited by Tokugawa

Looking goooood! I just got some 3D-printed crosses to slap on Assault Intercessors, but that kit does just look so much better for Templars. Ah well! Combining both would of course give more variety, but lack of any tabards on the AIs is still such a bother. But I reckon even just one kit of this new Crusader Squad would easily take care of any troop needs anyway, considering the firstborn. Still, since I have the AIs I guess I could have one batch of 'em anyway.

Also I still wonder how the heck I'm gonna outdo my CF Redemptor model with the BT one... :sweat:

Edited by tvih

"You better believe that it’s also bursting with rules, including bespoke Detachment Abilities, Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Litanies of the Devout, Relics, Crusade rules, special Characters, and six unique unit Datasheets. "

Wait, six? Then there is a problem:

Generally speaking, our unique units would be:

Helbrecht

Grimaldus

EC

Classic crusader squad

Primaris crusader squad

Sword brethen squad(just assume they all go primaris)

Cenobyte servitors

these is 7. One need to be removed.

Re-Read the post, it says Special Characters AND 6 unique unit datasheets, meaning there would actually be MORE units available than we have currently. Do we get hopelessly optimistic and see a LRC version of a repulsor?

There have been so many throw back nods to the fan base, I'd almost not be surprised to see us re-introduce a new pattern of it, just as we did on our initial release. 

All of my yes. It will be mine

Really seems to be a bog standard redemptor in there? Well i guess i'll have a third.

EDIT: when it comes to the number of data sheets, I'm not expecting anything too crazy. One could simply be "black templars ancient". Rather than some all new unit or some such. But everything we once had is getting upgraded by all accounts so far.

And yeah, after hype has settled, I am now seeing the repeated legs on the neophytes and initiates and even the swordbrother

They're still gorgeous looking, but it might be an issue with anyone going for multiple copies of that crusader squad

Edited by Reinhard

Yeah SB were always coming along with the rest of the rumors but that SB is clearly part of a Crusader squad. Makes me wonder if the one in the launch box will be different than the main release, maybe they will sell Crusaders and Neophytes in separate boxes and the one in the launch box is a different sprue, otherwise I dont know how you could have one sprue and two different SB models without being able to have a 10 man power armored squad out the box. The other explanation would be that its simply a model from the Sword Brethren kit put as a leader for the Crusader squad in the picture.

Really awesome stuff, Im satisfied with what we got.

Hmmmmm

“This isn’t the last of the Black Templars, either. Remember a certain pyreblaster-toting Space Marine? Well, he’s got friends, and they’ll be joining the crusade towards the end of the year.“

With Helbrecht and (hoping) a Grimmy on the way, now I’m really curious what’s in the pyre marines sprue.