Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

We will see how strong in comparison he will be vs a T.W. Succubus and other stuff.

He won't be broken.

The most broken combat characters(e.g. toxin succubus) are made from (unintended) combo of specific WLT/relic/clan traits. EC is a "named" character, has and would have fixed gears option.

the broken thing is their point cost. 

And I remember when the ec was a broken unit (back in 5th edition when reroll to hit for each model was a brutal buff)

Honestly say, current EC profile is not bad with humble 80 pts cost. Already reroll everything against characters. And primaris-ize will possibly bring him 1 extra wound and attack.

Current EC doesn't see tournaments play, is because he doesn't bring unique utility to your army. If giving him something like "characters in 6 inches have their aura ability shut down", that would be much much more helpful than giving him a better sword.

Well if we read between the lines regarding the new EC it sounds like he will blender other characters with ease… who wouldn’t want one to take out things like the undercosted Drukhari Succubus and Drazhar ?

If we read intentional marketing hype, you mean? :tongue.: Going by that every unit they produce would be off the charts good.

For me... unless they keep the firstborn EC option, I'd be left with either using the older EC models as proxies anyway, a third-party model, or conversion, because frankly the new model isn't particularly great, so that's a pass. In fact I didn't like the previous EC that much either even though I did buy it - the old limited edition one I have is better, as is the sword character from the Imperial Fists Legion Command.

Edited by tvih

Can't please everybody it seems.

I've been in this since Codex:Armageddon, the highs of the first supplement, the lows of 6th ed., and now this. This is as good as the first supplement and a far lot better than where we ended up after that.

Just remember GW could have left BT at the Faith and Fury supplement. Be grateful for all this attention, it won't happen again for a long time.

And no Ork second wave which means we are still gonna wait another two weeks of preorders before our spot and even if we do get a preorder on the same week as the ork release then we are gonna be on October at that point. Really sucks.

Afaik, there only ever was the one rumor towards the september launch box, which I started treating as suspect when we didn't get a monday reveal for two weeks straight.

It's technically possible they could throw out the preorder in september I guess, but with the only official word being a November release, I'm not holding my breath.

The worst case scenario is still just another 2 months, which is nothing compared to what we've been through.

Great hadn’t even thought about the Ork second wave. Love to know where the rumour of September came from.

AFAIK it came up short before the warehouse closure happened and the admech codex got pushed back a month… so if it was planned for September at that time it wouldn’t have accounted for the month delay…

Gen Con is this weekend in the US. GW usually does reveals for it and I believe they will be there? Fingers crossed!

I'm torn now, because, if so, yay! But that also means the days of the Twitch previews may be numbered? And IMO, they are one of the best side effects of Covid's impact on GW.

I think they will keep twitch going for some time. They need all the gap-filler content they can get to sell these new Warhammer + subscriptions so I think they'll keep pumping out streams.

BUT if it's a really big reveal and they have an event coming it only makes sense to save the reveal for the event and then later release a stream/article for the digital reveal.

Gen Con is this weekend in the US. GW usually does reveals for it and I believe they will be there? Fingers crossed!

GenCon stuff is usually boxed games though isn't it? The last one was AI, Beastgrave and Bloodbowl - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/01/gencon-previewgw-homepage-post-1/