Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

https://ibb.co/cvzL6rK

Sword brethren is on 40mm base. Could I dream 3 wounds?

Do we have any veteran units mounted on 40 mm bases that aren't 3 wounds? What are the current wound count of the victrix guard? Only other units I can think of are either gravis or the bladeguard
Eliminators. They have bs2+, which show that they are more "veteran" than normal phobos units.

Eh. could just mean they're very shooty focused, have good marksman gear.

Veteran is a very explicit status among Astartes. You're veteran if you're part of the first company of a codex chapter, you have the right to wear terminator armor.

Crunchwise it means, an extra attack, sometimes an extra wound (multiwound non characters is a rather recent innovation still). Eliminators don't have the extra attack, are not called veterans, don't have veteran iconography. Hence not veterans.

Explicitly, the only Veteran Primaris units are afaik Victrix guard,Veteran Intercessors, and blade guard. These are the only units the are explicitly stated to be veterans.

Of these, Blade guard and Victrix are mounted on 40 mm bases and have 3 wounds and of course the extra attack. Veteran intercessors don't have their own kit, so you presuambly use the standard kits and put them on their 32 mm bases. They're 2 wounds, but do have the extra attack.

So correlating base size to wound count could very well mean sword brethren unit will be 3 wounds. We'll see.

Edited by Reinhard

"new Marshal comes with a couple of options, including two choices of head and a selection of weapons"

Thats something I missed yesterday and its great! This guy comes with options! Thaats a first for Primaris characters.

Since in 9th every "primaris xxx officer in yyy armor with zzz weapon" is an individual datasheet in codex, Marshal would be the "6th" BT unique datasheet in new codex.

"new Marshal comes with a couple of options, including two choices of head and a selection of weapons"

Thats something I missed yesterday and its great! This guy comes with options! Thaats a first for Primaris characters.

Since in 9th every "primaris xxx officer in yyy armor with zzz weapon" is an individual datasheet in codex, Marshal would be the "6th" BT unique datasheet in new codex.

Well it says "special characters and 6 unique datasheets"

So assuming the characters aren't in there, that's 2x crusader squads, sword bros, Marshal? Then 2 unknown

Well it says "special characters and 6 unique datasheets"

So assuming the characters aren't in there, that's 2x crusader squads, sword bros, Marshal? Then 2 unknown

“This isn’t the last of the Black Templars, either. Remember a certain pyreblaster-toting Space Marine? Well, he’s got friends, and they’ll be joining the crusade towards the end of the year.“

Pyreblaster Squad and Ancient.

Unless.... The Special BT Ancient is one of the "Special Characters"?

And before anyone says the Pyreblaster reference was referring to the Crusader squad, explain to me why that'd be nowhere near the Primaris Crusader squad, but aaaaaaaaaaaall the way down at the bottom of the article?

Edited by Gederas

The wording of the article is very strangely worded. It specifically calls out the Pyreblaster marine. Even though we've already seen that exact marine in the squad showcased in the box. It didn't call back to the Emperor's champion, who was also revealed ahead of the box reveal. It specifically singles out the pyreblaster marine as getting friends.

It's very specific wording.

There's been zero rumors to the effect that pyreblaser squad is coming, any reference to the pyreblaser in the rumors was always "crusaders get a special flamer". 

I honestly don't know what to take it as. But pyreblaser rolls off the tongue easily and goes well with hellblasters as a squad name.  

The article also mentions 6 unique datasheets…

Grimaldus

Halbrecht

EC

Swordbrothers

….

Marshall + castellan? I guess?

Edit: didn’t see previous posts. Unique characters + 6 is cool. Swordbrothers/crusaders… ?? Exciting

Grimaldus

Emperors Champion

Sword Brothers

Helbrecht

Crusader squad

Priamris Crusader Squad

I think the Ancient then is not a unique character with own name and the cenobites will be included for Grimaldus

The wording of the article is very strangely worded. It specifically calls out the Pyreblaster marine. Even though we've already seen that exact marine in the squad showcased in the box. It didn't call back to the Emperor's champion, who was also revealed ahead of the box reveal. It specifically singles out the pyreblaster marine as getting friends.

It's very specific wording.

There's been zero rumors to the effect that pyreblaser squad is coming, any reference to the pyreblaser in the rumors was always "crusaders get a special flamer". 

I honestly don't know what to take it as. But pyreblaser rolls off the tongue easily and goes well with hellblasters as a squad name.  

That's what I was thinking.

If the Ancient isn't a generic datasheet, but a "special Character" like the Emperor's champion, we could look at the "characters and 6 datasheets" comment as this:

1. Firstborn Crusader Squad
  2. Primaris Crusader Squad
  3. Primaris Sword Brethren
  4. Pyreblaster Squad (?)
  5. Marshal
  6. ????
  7. Helbrecht
  8. Grimaldus
  9. Emperor's Champion
  10. Special Ancient

.... Wait. We're forgetting something about our datasheets. Grimaldus has his Servitors.

Could the 6th datasheet be the Cenobite Servitors?

Edit:

The article also mentions 6 unique datasheets…

Grimaldus

Halbrecht

EC

Swordbrothers

….

Marshall + castellan? I guess?

Edit: didn’t see previous posts. Unique characters + 6 is cool. Swordbrothers/crusaders… ?? Exciting

Grimaldus

Emperors Champion

Sword Brothers

Helbrecht

Crusader squad

Priamris Crusader Squad

I think the Ancient then is not a unique character with own name and the cenobites will be included for Grimaldus

The problem is if the characters are included in the "6 Datasheets", Warhammer Community's writers REALLY NEED to take a remedial class on reading comprehension. Because this:

"You better believe that it’s also bursting with rules, including bespoke Detachment Abilities, Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Litanies of the Devout, Relics, Crusade rules, special Characters, and six unique unit Datasheets."

Calls out the special Characters AND THEN the "six unique datasheets". Which means they're separate, as written.

Edited by Gederas

Helbrecht is also having cenobyte servitors. We've already seen a potato cam of the one cleaning his sword

I think those are included on their respective datasheets. But it could be they're not.

I also think the "ancient" will be one of the six, not a new special character.

but he cant be one of the sheets when he is not a special character. Because we already have Ancients in codex Space marines.

Helbrecht is also having cenobyte servitors. We've already seen a potato cam of the one cleaning his sword

I think those are included on their respective datasheets. But it could be they're not.

I also think the "ancient" will be one of the six, not a new special character.

but he cant be one of the sheets when he is not a special character. Because we already have Ancients in codex Space marines.

That depends on whether the 6 datasheets includes the special characters, or whether they are on top. It could be read either way.

In other news, apparently a GW Store Facebook page accidentally posted this picture of a BT collectible coin.

The bigger news however is that it appears the debate is over and red won. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong:

242233467_10157843647996207_541550856773

But I'm still not painting them red. Edited by Brother Adelard