Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Sword Brother kit was "always" in the rumors, wasn't it? Definitely nice to see they're keeping the full tabards on the SB.

Sword brothers were always gonna be a thing yes.

The question is what this one represents. Doubt he's an optional load out for another crusader we're getting in the box. So is he from another crusader kit, sprue? His load out feels very sergeant.

If he's a squad member of a full swordbrother kit, can everyone in the squad be armed with weapons like that?

Hmmmmm

“This isn’t the last of the Black Templars, either. Remember a certain pyreblaster-toting Space Marine? Well, he’s got friends, and they’ll be joining the crusade towards the end of the year.“

With Helbrecht and (hoping) a Grimmy on the way, now I’m really curious what’s in the pyre marines sprue.

The pyre marine we're shown here, is part of the sprue crusader sprue of this box. He's a repeating body pose with one of the initiates with CS & HBP.

It does really sound like pyreblasters might be a thing though, which would be interesting...

6 data sheets + characters, I still expect one to be ancient, maybe a castellan sheet, Crusaders and Sword brothers. Cenobytes i expect are part of Grimaldus's and Helbrecht's data sheets. Maybe the marshal has his own? That still leaves one, which could be a pyreblaster squad?

Edited by Reinhard

The primaris neophytes hold classic bolters and bolt pistols, not the bolt carbine in codex cover art. A bit disappointment on aesthetics.

No?

Look closely on the bolt pistols, they're similar to reiver pistols. You can see it in the video. 

Understand the bolter carbine confusion, but it's probably the same kind of carbine Haldor Icepelt's model has. Edit: Or the Marksmen/occulus carbines the phobos units use, just without scopeyscopes.

Edited by Wispy

Reiver pistol has much longer barrel and a fore-grip.

No, the carbine has the foregrip, not the pistol.

The other explanation would be that its simply a model from the Sword Brethren kit put as a leader for the Crusader squad in the picture.

This would be my take, considering the other models in the picture are from this army set. Up you have the feet of the Marshal. The full-body pic is one of the Initiates, and next to him is one of the Neophytes.

Those are carbines yes

The primaris neophytes hold classic bolters and bolt pistols, not the bolt carbine in codex cover art. A bit disappointment on aesthetics.

No?

Look closely on the bolt pistols, they're similar to reiver pistols.

Understand the bolter carbine confusion, but it's probably the same kind of carbine Haldor Icepelt's model has. Edit: Or the Marksmen/occulus carbines the phobos units use, just without scopeyscopes.

Or Master Lazarus from the dark angels.

They're carbines at any rate, they only lack the tactical grip in the front. The tell tale signs its a carbine is that the ejection port is actually level with the barrel (my biggest pet peeve with the classic boltgun design) and the more angular casing (as oppossed to the boltguns completely square one)

As for the bolt pistol design I'd say its a standard bolt pistol, and not the reiver variant (special issue?).

There's actually two sepperate Primaris designs of the standard bolt pistol the smaller type:

gallery_65134_15160_17096.jpg

And the larger chunkier type:

gallery_65134_15160_731448.jpg

This is clearly what the neophytes have. The Special issue bolt pistol reivers use has an even bigger frontal part.

Reiver pistol has much longer barrel and a fore-grip.

No, the carbine has the foregrip, not the pistol.

The other explanation would be that its simply a model from the Sword Brethren kit put as a leader for the Crusader squad in the picture.

This would be my take, considering the other models in the picture are from this army set. Up you have the feet of the Marshal. The full-body pic is one of the Initiates, and next to him is one of the Neophytes.

sorry, my mistake, I mean it has a longer "handguard". I don't know small arms in real life well.

Reiver pistol has much longer barrel and a fore-handguard.

Sure, but it's certainly not a classic bolt pistol.

think about it twice

we are now the first and only chapter with own Primaris units. All others have a special character but we have a own unit which is not just an upgrade kit.

Yeah I am insanely jealous. *Sad wolf howl* Edited by Wispy

Posted on Reddit from the video...looks like a little tease of a different Sword Brother considering it doesn't seem to match the sword wielding model.

f6diphjh3do71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I've even trying to work out if he's just an alternative build for one of the other bodies, but he doesn't seem to match any of the poses of the others. Whereas the sword brother is the alternative build of the guy with the candles.

So he must come from somewhere else...

Well, it's either from the Sword Brother set as discussed, or barring that from the supposed Pyreblaster squad that the article seems to be hinting at. Not really much else it could be coming from.

I absolutely love the Marshal and the Sword Brother, Emp Champ's plainness has grown on me and Neophytes being so close to old art is excellent.

Two gripes though - one, Sword Brother still part of the squad. I hope there's a full kit and we can take them as a separate squad, as we should. And two, the Redemptor is not Templarized at all, no apparent upgrade sprue, just decals. It's a plain old Redemptor dread. Shame.

think about it twice

we are now the first and only chapter with own Primaris units. All others have a special character but we have a own unit which is not just an upgrade kit.

Victrix guards give you a thumb up.

Not a unit, glorified additional wounds for Calgar.

think about it twice

Its a unit dont need calgar and bodyguard any character, ;) and reinhard u heretic leave those victrix alone Edited by Cryptshadow

think about it twice

They don't need to accompany Calgar. And they have rules much more competitive than Calgar. And they are more popular than Calgar.

+Long have I slumbered amidst Promethium dreams+

+As catecisms of awakening fill the Noosphere I rejoice in the sight of my battle-brothers+

+To once again carve a bloody and blessed path of obliteration through the darkness of the void+

+Our pyres of purification will light the way+

+++In Hoc Signo Vinces+++

https://ibb.co/cvzL6rK

Sword brethren is on 40mm base. Could I dream 3 wounds?

Do we have any veteran units mounted on 40 mm bases that aren't 3 wounds? What are the current wound count of the victrix guard? Only other units I can think of are either gravis or the bladeguard
Eliminators. They have bs2+, which show that they are more "veteran" than normal phobos units.