Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

A 60mm is kind of bonkers, I know I said his base would be 60mm but now that its actually true it really puts it into perspective that Heblrecht is the only Chapter Master with a base as big as Guilliman's. I really want to think that this will finally give Helbrecht rules to represent his competence as a Fleet Master of a large fleet based Chapter and one able to command the entirety of the Armaggedon fleet and drive off the Orks at Armaggedon. 

A 60mm is kind of bonkers, I know I said his base would be 60mm but now that its actually true it really puts it into perspective that Heblrecht is the only Chapter Master with a base as big as Guilliman's. I really want to think that this will finally give Helbrecht rules to represent his competence as a Fleet Master of a large fleet based Chapter and one able to command the entirety of the Armaggedon fleet and drive off the Orks at Armaggedon. 

absolutely. In the lore he killed a daemon prince with a knife. And I hope they make the sword a bit better. Its teh weaopon of a primarch - at least it is made from that weapon.!!!!

Lol i dont think base size = what you said, he just has a base size that accomidates his model with the added stuff Edited by Brother Tyler
Text style formatting such as "u" for "you" is not allowed at the B&C.

Lol i dont think base size = what you said, he just has a base size that accomidates his model with the added stuff

Yeah, bigger diorama doesn't means bigger statlines. Mortarion is on 100mm base. But the sisters coffin dancers are on 120mm…

Has anyone heard anything about Grimaldus? Is he separate models, or a big diorama with all his relics/ artifacts?

Think valrak who has seen it said something about 3 servitors. Unsure if they all had thier own bases. But guessing they are

Got it and thanks for the response

I've never seen a reason to expect a sepperate cenobyte servitor entry. I don't see them making a sepperate kit for it.

Helbrecht's servitors carries his sword and gun. They belong to him.

Grimaldus servitors will still hold the relics of Helsreach, just like the old model. 

As long as there are no cenobyte servitors that are unasociated with our two characters, I don't expect a sheet for them.

Tau drones and battlesuit character which they company, are printed in the same entry. It is possible that one entry cover both Grimaldus and servitors, and we can still move them freely in the play.

If GW make Grimaldus and 3 servitors form a unit with 4 models, that would be a super huge painful nerf: if your opponent pick the "assassination" secondary and kill Grimaldus in the game, he would score 12(!)VPs.

No worries, more will come.

Praise Be,

BTW can you tell me something, Should I Keep my marines to make them "swod bretheren conversions", Or will they  be on the crusader squads only?

Edited by BayOkuz

Well ! I realize something today brothers.

We probably get already the Helbrecht stat who will be W8 A6.

It's on the french datasheet of Helbrecht, because I notice today that every character got new stat in the fench index.

(EC > W5 A5 and Grimaldus W5 A4)

Founded it on GW france website. But since which day it changed? Edited by Tokugawa

It's on the french datasheet of Helbrecht, because I notice today that every character got new stat in the fench index.

Founded it on GW france website. But since which day it changed?

W8 means the bodies of servitors is also contained. We would see familiar "When this model fights, it could make 2 additional attacks with fists and no more than 2 attack could be made with…"

No worries, more will come.

Praise Be,

BTW can you tell me something, Should I Keep my marines to make them "swod bretheren conversions", Or will they be on the crusader squads only?

For primaris it been said a pretty high number of time that the sword brethren will got their own squad too like bladeguard or vanguard vet

Founded it on GW france website. But since which day it changed?

W8 means the bodies of servitors is also contained. We would see familiar "When this model fights, it could make 2 additional attacks with fists and no more than 2 attack could be made with…"

Don't know if A2 S3 ap 0 D1 would be usefull. Maybe the servitor got their own body on the sheet ? And they help Helbrecht by buffing him in some way and you have to choose to let them die to protect him or keep them until the end. (Could be fun overall!)

That particular image always had me wondering. A primaris initiate could have been on armageddon sure, as a normal marine, who then 'ascended' through the rubicon primaris into an initiate... But the text underneath suggests he's active under Armageddon crusade, even now.

The Armageddon crusade is hardly still ongoing, is it?

Anyhow, I looked at the fairly recent "TG" leak rumors that were posted some months back, it had some details that I felt were good to re-read, now that we have seen the entirety of the launch box contents:

October and November 2021:

Complete BT release with

Ancient, Helbrecht, Grimaldus, Emperor's Champion, Seneshal, Initiates (6 Marines with Intercessor CC equipment or auto bolt rifles), 4 Neophytes (boltguns or chainsword). The Crusader kit will have options for a Sword Brother unit leader with cape, and there's a 15" AP-1 flamer.

The Sword Brother kit will have plenty of CC options and the option to make a Marshal (like with the Custodes Warden kit that gives you the option of making a Captain).

There will be two Crusader Squads: the old one that everyone knows and a new one made up exclusively of Primaris. The latter will be 5-11 Primaris Initiates, 4-8 Primaris Neophytes, and 1 Primaris Sword Brother. Neophytes will have 2 W and 2 A like other Primaris.

There'll also be a conversion/bitz/upgrade sprue that will have Templar relics on it (so-and-so's helmet, the sword of such-and-such, etc.), shotguns for Neophytes. and more customisation options like extra arms (Neophyte holding a helmet), or backpack-mounted candles. There will also be a multi-melta which will become a BT vehicle option. It'll replace the stubber on Primaris vehicles.

A lot of these rumors are lot older than when this particular round up was posted but it adds details that were, afaik, otherwise unknown (to most anyway). For instance the flamer had been heard about before, but not that it was specifically 15" and AP-1. Or that the crusader squad in the box would be specifically 6 marines, 4 neophytes, with a caped upgrade for a single sword brother, and that these would be armed specifcally with auto bolters or cc. Very specific details that all turned out true. It was also (? big question mark here) the first to mention the multi melta for vehicles? which we've now seen.

Suffice to say, I think we can trust the rest of things said here.

There's no mention of any second crusader kit, so I'm thinking the launch box crusader squad will be the only one we're getting. But it does mention an upgrade kit, which has shotguns for neophytes, among other things. I'm fine with this because it should mean we can turn regular intercessors and assault intercessors into crusaders for more pose variety. But we will need more pose variety for neophytes. Make a primaris scout kit, pretty please, GW?

Perhaps most interestingly, it mentions that the upcoming Sword brother kit will have a ton of CC options (yay!) as well as the ability to make a marshal... ooh boy, BT marshal #2? Interest piqued.
Edited by Reinhard