Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Given the track record of other primarized special characters, most did retain their old rules like before right? Rather, than being rewritten from the ground up, ruleswise.

Ie, we can expect helbrecht's special rules and such to be pretty much what they were?

It's about 50:50

Mephiston was exactly the same but gained the +1 A and W, nothing else.

I think khan and shrike weren't dramatically changed either.

Calgar and Tiggy both got noticeable boosts.

Im pretty sure the Khan got a small boost, he has a +1 to wound in melee aura which is something he didnt have when he was a small marine and while its not huge it is a pretty nice step up and he is just a Captain so his rules arent going to be end all be all, whereas Helbrecht is a Chapter Master so his new rules might get a bigger boost. 

Just saying to temper your expectations guys, when mephiston was revealed they made out that he was more powerful than ever through promotional stuff and that he could control his powers better via the tie in novel. Suffice to say, he barely changed beyond the absolute minimal effort required.

But yeah, I think he’ll at least have rules update to reflect the servitors on his base plus maybe some other tweak.

I can't wait to see what those shotguns look like on the Primaris Neophytes, and how they perform. That extra AP in the Tactical Doctrine...

Multimeltas on vehicles to replace the Heavy Stubber, love it. Are they worth it on Impulsors? Or will it just be the Repulsor chassis?

Khan has a charge only +1s aura before. +1 to wound aura is obviously a good buff. Shrike receive a new sniper pistol, and has dmg d3 claw become dmg2. Not a very huge buff, but better than nothing.

Actually Calgar already had the "receive half dmg" ability in early 8th index(and +2cp), it was not granted by new book, but at early 8th he had a ridiculusly high cost (250pts?), so he could also counted as "buffed".

Mephiston don't receive anything beyond the +1W+1A from standard "primaris-ization". What a shame for a famous and respected hero! I think the whole BA 9th codex is full of nerf and failures.

Edited by Tokugawa

I can't wait to see what those shotguns look like on the Primaris Neophytes, and how they perform. That extra AP in the Tactical Doctrine...

Multimeltas on vehicles to replace the Heavy Stubber, love it. Are they worth it on Impulsors? Or will it just be the Repulsor chassis?

Repulsors are pretty S````

If MM on vehicles are viable -...then on Impulsors I think.

MM on Impulsor with Shield Dome would technically be nice, except it'd cost 150 points which is just way too much. I still haven't finished painting my CF Impulsor, and the cost compared to durability these days is doing little to encourage it... (and technically I could do it for BT instead now that I'll have some Primaris for them too, but the problem remains).

Druks raider has built-in 5+isv, and a good gun, and real FLY, and open-topped(in 9th this make passenger shooting, while don't bring any disadvantages. Though the apperance of the Impulsor model is open-topped, the rules is not ).

All these together cost: 95pts. That is the biggest reason why druks sit at the very top of meta.

A "nake" impulsor chasis with none of above advantages, cost...110pts. Bros, we all know something is wrong.

And we can't expect BT codex supplement could fix it. GW brutally insert an "Impulsor melta crusader" datasheet to BT codex? I don't think so. It need some main update on marines universal units rules. Even GW add the rumored multi-melta option during some campaign book, the reasonable cost of it would be around +25pts. Which means an Impulsor with 5+ isv and MM is around 150pts. How could it compete with real tanks with similar or slightly higher cost?

Edited by Tokugawa

Erm. Hardly unthinkable that they'd add a datasheet for in the supplement, which is precisely the place to put such things. Come to think of it, I wonder if they're doing that for the Repulsor already to give it said option. It's most likely going to be our exclusive at least for now if it's only added in our upgrade sprue, after all.

Still, regardless of what method of giving us the MM they go with, it's extremely unlikely that we'd get a discount on said vehicle(s), so indeed the problem persists.

sorry if I missed it, are there any rumored rule leaks?

Aside from the "Emperor's Champion gives out an invuln aura" and "Crusader squads (or was it Sword Brethren) have the ability to do a lot of mortal wounds", not to my knowledge.

sorry if I missed it, are there any rumored rule leaks?

Aside from the "Emperor's Champion gives out an invuln aura" and "Crusader squads (or was it Sword Brethren) have the ability to do a lot of mortal wounds", not to my knowledge.

Vows replacing super doctrine from yours truly.

Laeroth will spill the beans soon I hope.

Edited by Sete

The sprue for the Black Templar Marshal is now in the wild on reddit, has an power axe and a combi flamer but no helmet option just two faces.

Edit: He said he got it in a hex fire box instead of Crowe, been a few mispackagings recently.

Marshal with axe, combi weapon and second head option clearly reference to old captain model.

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/armyboxes/05smcaptain99/_MG_2479-01.jpg

Yeah, probably gonna use the rebreather or take a helmet from another kit. Don't like the headband one from the promo pics. Very nice that he has weapon options, though too bad the combi-weapon is flamer instead of melta like the old metal figure (which I have). I was never into flamers that much for some reason. But hardly a dealbreaker here!

The flamer is a really nice combo with an auto bolt rifle.

Also, as a friend pointed out. The Templar right of centre in the 3rd ed cover with the power axe and no neck had a combi-flamer.

(Also, the 3rd ed model didn't always come with a combi-melta, mine came with a storm bolter, the combi was just the one the studio painted.)

(Also, the 3rd ed model didn't always come with a combi-melta, mine came with a storm bolter, the combi was just the one the studio painted.)

Ah, I knew some metal models sometimes had different configs they were sold in, like I had a metal sword captain with a storm bolter for example. Didn't realize this one one was too. Mine came with the combi-melta, though it was a second-hand purchase back in 2013. Mind you, looks-wise I actually prefer Storm Bolter over combi-weapons.