+ Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten Discussion +

apologist

For anybody wanting to do some entries of their own to the story of #thewarofthefalseprimarch have there been some question in the Facebook group regarding what to use and how to name, not all chapters have been given answears unfortunately.

This Fb post asks: "Question to the people behind the Partisan Chapters: what bits, upgrade kits and such to use to make it more personal do you suggest to others that want to make a battle-brother or more from your chapter? And lack any advanced greenstuff sculpting skill."

At this time the answers under it are:

"So with the Iron Guard, through personal use and how I envisaged them, it would be Imperial Fist and Dark Angel extras. Mostly parts from the Heresy line. Anything to exemplify a typical knightly, iron stoic sense of honour and ornamentation. MkII and MkIII armour parts aplenty too, given their nature and age."

"The Argent Heralds are relatively codex standard for the most part so not much really ornamentation for the most part. For an officer, maybe a helm crest or Ultramarine style gladius but they're quite understated for the most part"

"Not directly a Partisan Chapter, but details on the Silver Stars iconography etc. is here: + inload: Silver Stars markings and honorifics + In terms of extra bits, I often add plumes and so forth."

"In The power armour area the Inheritors predominantly use mk 2,3 and 4 armour variants, and usually prefer sword (sabres and the likes) and board when it comes to melee weapons. Other than that you're free to use whatever you like, though any upgrades, iconography or doodads with a west asian (hindu/indian/sikhism) vibe would be bang on."

-------------------------------

This Fb post asks: "A question regarding names. What naming traditions do peoples chapters have? If we want to make or namedrop a character or more from any of the chapters participating in #WaroftheFalsePrimarch , what real life or fictional cultures should we draw from? And is there any special rules for the names from some chapters?"

At this time the answers under it are:

"Iron Guard = Hungarian"

"The Inheritors mainly use hindu, sikh and Inuit names."

"Slavic, Romanian, Russian is what I use for the Flesh Eaters"

"Argent Heralds are traditional 3 part Roman"

"Marines Saturnine are primarily named after devil's and gods from Mesopotamian or Persian myth."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, Gamiel said:

This Fb post asks: "Question to the people behind the Partisan Chapters: what bits, upgrade kits and such to use to make it more personal do you suggest to others that want to make a battle-brother or more from your chapter? And lack any advanced greenstuff sculpting skill."

Based on the pics we have seen of Jade Talons do I think using WS upgrade kit, lots of skulls from the skull kit, and shields from AoS' Iron Golems kit is fitting.

------------------

@apologist I think you should tag this thread with #warofthefalseprimarch 

• 9 months later...
On 8/12/2023 at 4:25 PM, hd3 said:

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this. Would love to make some silver stars myself some day! I wish the archive posts on the blog were a bit more easily formatted though. 

Glad you're enjoying it – and I quite agree with you on the archive posts. While it simulates the difficulty of finding anything out about the War of the False Primarch(!), it's an unintentional result of the blogger design/skin. I will have a look and see if a few tweaks can't open things up a bit. 

+EDIT+ 

...and done – how does that look?

Edited by apologist

• 4 months later...