New Chaos Traitor Guard and cultist army - Chaos Squats!

What a fantastic force this is shaping up to be! I really appreciate all the work that has gone into making these models and I look forward to seeing the unit(s) painted up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dosjetka. I've bought the paints I want to use but am having so much fun building them that I'm planning on building as many as I can before I lose my mojo!!

Update time:

1118035_sm-Chaos%20Squat%209%20Front.JPG

I wanted to add a Chaos icon armour plate (taken from a mould from a FW Chaos renegade torso) to the front torso to give a a heavily armoured Squat.
I added a helmet with a visor down and an IG facemask (mould). A hose from Greenstuffworld Tentacle maker was added and attached to his backpack. I added a few whiskers either side of the facemask as you don't see any clean shaven Squats! I added a pistol in a shoulder harness for quick access and decided to go with 2 wicked looking knives for his weapons. I added plasticard straps for his backpack and lasgun.

1118036_sm-Chaos%20Squat%209%20Rear.JPG

I added a moulded FW Chaos Renegade Backpack with a lasgun attached by a strap. I also made sure there were 2 scabbard's for the knives in his hands (1 original and 1 from a mould behind the lasgun). I demand realism!!!!!

1118055_sm-Chaos%20Praetorian%20Guard%20

I'm planning on making at least 1 Chaos Traitor Guard from all of the famous regiments. I give you my Praetorian Guard.

The head was from Anvil Industries. Epaulettes from a Mordian Guard mould. Cadian arms with the shoulderpads removed and milliput was added to make the cuffs. The bayonet was taken from an Orlock knife. The boots are from a mould of Orlock boots but with all of the straps removed. I wanted a jackboot look and plan on using them again (so I've made a mould). The legs are from a mould of a pair of Cadian legs with a stripe down the leg. A chaos icon was added as a belt buckle alongside a holstered pistol.

1118056_sm-Chaos%20Praetorian%20Guard%20

The torso was from the IG Tank accessory I think. A scabbard, grenade and lasgun spare magazine was added.

Regards, Phil.

Just stumbled into this thread and it's inspiring Phil, great work! Are you getting close to a combat patrol? Do you still have to build a lot of models before painting them all?

I have completed 11 Squats on this thread so far Miek and have at least 10 more in the pipeline. 

More fantastic figures though I may have to start nagging (not really but any encouragement that'll help) to see some paint because these guys deserve it. They'll look so amazing all together and painted.

Hi Mechanist. I see myself more as a convertor than a painter and am really enjoying all the converting I'm doing at the moment. I will paint some soon though, I promise

Update time:

1118039_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2011%20Front.JP

To mix it up, I wanted a bit of flesh on display so I used a Vulkite Berzerker as the base for this Squat leaving his naked torso on display. Milliput was used to fill the massive hole in his belly and plasticard harness  and lasgun straps were created. I sculpted on some trousers from milliput and used moulds of Arkanaut Company boots and kneepads to finish his legs. Moulded Chaos Marauder gauntlets were added with a Space Marine Chainsword and laspistol. The helmet was from a mould of the original old plastic Squat with sculpted sunglasses and horns taken from a Blackstone Fortress Chaos Cultist. I added some spiky shoulder pads, chaos icon belt buckle and pouches from some moulds.

1118040_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2011%20Right%20

As he didn't have enough weapons, I gave him a moulded holster and lasgun.

1118041_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2011%20Left%20S

And an axe from an AOS model was added as well.

Till next time, Phil.

Update time:

1118042_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2012%20Front.JP

For my 12th Chaos Squat, I again used a Vulkite Berzerker as the base and modelled on a flak jacket to cover his torso and nether regions. I added a different beard onto the usual moulded Plastic Squat head with helmet (taken from a Vulkite Berzerker). The usual plasticard harness was added with a chaos icon belt buckle and moulded pouches from milliput. Moulded Chaos Marauder gauntlets and spiked shoulderpads were added. I also used 2 swords from the new Skeleton/Zombie range.

1118044_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2012%20Rear.JPG

This gives a better shot of the sculpted flak jacket over his naked Vulkite body. A moulded holstered laspistol and pouches were added alongside some frag grenades.

1118043_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2012%20Left%20S

... and some pouches were added to his harness as well as a combat knife.

1118048_sm-Chaos%20Squat%20Squad%20Front

And finally, a group shot of the last 5 Squats.

Plenty more to follow.

Regards, Phil.

Update time:

1118049_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2013%20Front.JP

I wanted to have some Heavy Support for my Chaos Squats so created this Missile Launcher wielding trooper. I used a mould for the body, legs and helmet and used a Space Marine Missile Launcher, rockets and grenades. I used a different moulded beard on this trooper to have some variation. The usual plasticard harness was created with moulded harnessed laspistol, pouches and chaos icon belt buckle. I used Catachan arms with moulded Chaos Marauder gauntlets.

1118051_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2013%20Right%20

I added some moulded elbow pads and sculpted some straps. A moulded backpack with Catachan knife was added. A flat shoulder pad was added to the right shoulder to allow the shoulder mounted Missile Launcher.

1118050_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2013%20Left%20S

A moulded spiked left shoulder pad was used. You can see the elbow pad and straps clearer in this picture.

Till next time, Phil.

Update time:

1118052_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2014%20Front.JP

For a change, I wanted a left handed firing lasgun trooper. I used the Catachan Medic arms from the Command squad as a starting point (removing the syringe). I used the usual moulded Chaos Marauder gauntlets and converted a right hand from a left hand (with the thumb chopped off and moved over to the other side and a bit of milliput to hide the join). For a change, I added a field cap to an original bald headed sun glass wearing old Squat head. 

1118053_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2014%20Right%20

1118054_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2014%20Rear.JPG

Till next time, Phil.

Loving the new additions, all very characterful! :thumbsup: Can't decide which is my favourite of the latest four between the last two...

I find each one I make becomes my favourite Dosjetka!!! I currently have 28 constructed/part constructed and I still have my creative juices flowing :thumbsup:

Update time:

1118565_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2015%20Front%20

Just to test my modelling skills and to show how these former Imperial Squats are degenerating, I wanted to mix some Vulkite Berzerker moulds with the flak armoured body moulds I've previously made. I went with no trousers and with one boot on. I armed him with a Space Marine Heresy Plasma gun, axe and Death Korps Laspistol. I also added an empty Space Marine shoulder holster for quick access. I added a different beard as well.

1118567_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2015%20Left%20S

1118566_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2015%20Rear.JPG

And just to show I do paint occasionally....

1115929_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20Tri

The first two are based on the Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard, but to avoid the multiple versions looking the same, I've converted them. The usual flamer has been swopped with a grenade launcher. I removed the spare flamer cannister and replaced it with a spare grenade cartridge for more realism. The second Traitor had a lasgun swopped out for an autogun. The third Traitor is based on an Orlock body, Cadian arms, a moulded Traitor helmet, a blade was added to the right shoulder pad and some spikes to the left. I also added a chaos icon to the left shin guard. Rust was speckled across all of the metal finishes. I added some gloss luminous green to the eye lenses for a NVG look.

1115930_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20Tri

The first two had nothing added to the standard model's rear. The Orlock had a chainmail cloak (a mould from a different Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard) added.

I have painted a number of these already, but haven't plucked up the courage to use the AK Interactive Dark Mud to finish the bases off (I'm going for a WW1 quagmire look

Till next time, Phil.

Daily update time:

1118568_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2016%20Front.JP

I wanted a Grenadier/Bombardier like model so I used a Vulkite Bezerker mould for the torso, with my usual trousered lower half. I added the visored helmet for an air of mystique with a different beard design. I wanted grenades in both hands and even though I spent ages searching through all my bits, I couldn't find a right hand holding a grenade, so ended up using a mould of a Space Marine hand.

1118569_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2016%20Front%25

I used the grenade belt from the Space Marine Scout Bikers on the front and back.

1118570_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2016%20Rear.JPG

I added some Space Marine Frag Grenades and a holstered laspistol as well.

1118574_sm-Mordian%20Traitor%20Guard%20F

Just to show I haven't neglected my Traitor Guardsmen, I made a Mordian Guard. I used a mould of an old metal Mordian Guard shouting head and epaulettes. A Cadian torso with moulded harness straps and legs were used with a milliput stripe down the leg (I made a mould of this to help in future conversions). I then used some Death Korps arms and lasgun with a Necromunda knife for the bayonet. Milliput was used to finish the right arm off. Moulded pouches, Orlock Jackboots and chaos icon belt buckle were also used.

1118575_sm-Mordian%20Traitor%20Guard%20R

A moulded backpack was used and a Scion bedroll was added to the top. A Lasgun charge pack and bayonet scabbard from Necromunda were added as well.

1118576_sm-Mordian%20Traitor%20Guard%20L

And to finish off his equipment, what every Traitor Guard requires, a water bottle!!

Till next time, Phil.

How difficult is it moulding pieces and putting them together to make something new/

Not difficult grailkeeper, just time consuming.

Steps I follow:

1) Sculpt part/s or make mould of parts you require. Wait for mould to cure.

2) Mix milliput and using a lot of pressure, ensure the mould is completely filled.

3) Allow minimum of 4 hours for milliput to harden before carefully removing from the mould/s. I normally leave the milliput fully harden for around 12-24 hours before I sand/cut the pieces.

4) Sand/cut/saw parts to get as close a fit as possible.

5) Use milliput to fill gaps. Leave for 12-24 hours to harden.

6) Sand milliput to get final finish on model.

It takes on average 3 days to build each figure. For example, I was working on 9 figures today I started over the past few days, finishing off 6 of them. I have some gaps to fill on the last 3 which I plan on doing tonight to allow me to work on them tomorrow.

Regards, Phil.

Daily update time:

=] EXPUNGED [=

I apologise for those that are easily offended, but I went starkers on this Berzerker to resemble an ancient Celtic warrior.

I spent a long time scraping off all of the Vulkite Berzerker runes from all over his body and his belt/loin cloth. I then took a mould to use for future Squats (one of the torso and one of the legs). I then sculpted on his nether regions. I used a Chaos Icon from a FW Chaos Renegade and used a thin layer of milliput. After about an hour and before it hardened, I carefully removed the Chaos Icon from the mould and positioned it across his chest (something I plan on doing on all naked torso Squat's I make in the future) - I think it will look great painted up - the degenerate Squats carving Chaos sigils into their own chests to show their true belief.

The usual Chaos Marauder gauntlets were used with a pair of axes. I plan on painting a lot of blood on the axes and blood spray over the rest of his body. I added a plasticard harness and moulded Chaos Belt Buckle and pouches. I chose a Vulkite head with a modified beard and added a mohican for a more frightening look.

1118572_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2017%20Right%20

I added a moulded holstered laspistol, pouches and ponytail. I also carefully filed a bum crack for him as well!!!!

=] EXPUNGED [=

1115931_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20Tri

This is my second trio of Traitor Guardsmen. On the left, the body is from a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist with a moulded Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard head. The cleavers came from the Genestealer Cult range. I added lots of sponged on blood to give a well worn use.

The middle figure is a mix of lots of different bits - FW Chaos Renegade Torso, an Escher right arm (I think) with a Skeleton sword, Cadian legs, Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard moulded shin guards and boots, Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist left arm with pistol and an AOS axe. Spiked shoulder pads and blades finished off the model.

The figure on the right is based on the pistol and mace wielding Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard , converted with Cadian arms and lasgun and the head at a changed angle.

1115932_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20Tri

Till next time, Phil.

Edited by Grotsmasha
Wang not acceptable, keep it family friendly

Daily update time:

1118577_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2018%20Front.JP

I wanted to make a Butcher/Medic - even if you follow Chaos, injuries need to be treated surely? I used a normal Squat legs and body from my many moulds and added 2 arms with Chaos Marauder gauntlets down by his side. I added a bald Squat head with a different beard and originally planned to make a Doctor's head mirror, but I thought it would look to much like an Ork and went with some Space Marine Scout NVG instead. Blade and spiky shoulder pads were also added alongside 2 wicked looking knives from my bits box. The usual Chaos icon belt buckle and pouches were also added. I also added an apron taken from a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist Heavy Stubber mould which I plan on painting dirty white and covering it with blood!

1118578_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2018%20Right.JP

1118579_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2018%20Rear.JPG

I added a plasticard strap to hold up the apron and 2 more plasticard straps to attach his 2 medic bags he's carrying over both shoulders.

1118580_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2018%20Left%20S

Till next time, Phil.

Love that use of the NVG on the medic, he looks suitably bug-eyed and deranged for a Chaos worshipper!

Thanks Naryn. I hope my paint job will do him justice!

I'm not easily offended, but it would have been funnier to have the chaos star badge covering him up!

It doesn't fit into the celtic image I have in mind grailkeeper - no true warrior covers their bits when las bolts and bullets are flying!!

Daily update time:

1118581_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2019%20Front.JP

I wanted my 19th Chaos Squat to be a Heavy weapon lover so armed him with a Space Marine scout Heavy Bolter. As you can never have too much ammo, I wrapped some penitent engine ammo around his chest and back to give him an M60 look. For a change, I modelled this Squat with only 1 boot on (the bare left foot was taken from another Vulkite Bezerker).

1118582_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2019%20Right%20

I gave him a holstered laspistol as a secondary weapon .....

1118583_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2019%20Left%20S

.... and a spare Heavy Bolter ammo box (a mould of the Space Marine Scout Heavy Bolter).

1118585_sm-Chaos%20Squats%20Army.JPG

Here's a shot of all 19 Chaos Squats I've made so far.

1118584_sm-Chaos%20Squats%20WIP%20x3.JPG

To finish, a WIP shot of 3 Chaos Squats I'm working on.

Till next time, Phil.

aily update time:

1118983_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2022%20Sniper%2

I've been wanting to make a sniper for a while, and with a bit of chopping and filing, my original moulds could be used to make a good prone position (just by turning his feet 90 degrees). I wanted this to look a bit like an "American Sniper" i.e. baseball cap turned the wrong way around. I used some Catachan arms, water bottle and knife. He has managed to get a Space Marine Scout Sniper rifle somewhere on his travels!!

1118982_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2022%20Sniper%2

1118984_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2022%20Sniper%2

He didn't have enough pouches, so I added some more diagonally across his back, alongside a holstered laspistol. For a change, I swopped his right boot for a right foot from a mould from the Vulkite Berzerkers as well.

I really liked this model and will certainly be returning to some more prone models in the future (may even do some dead Chaos Squats as well!)

Till next time, Phil.

Daily update time:

1118988_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2024%20Front.JP

For my 24th Chaos Squat, I wanted another Berzerker type warrior and plumped for a torso from a Vulkite Berzerker mould with a Chaos Icon brand applied across his chest. The legs and boots are from Arkanaut company moulds I've made, alongside some Chaos Marauder Gauntlet moulds. Pouches and a Chaos Icon belt buckle were added alongside some plasticard straps with Space Marine Scout grenades. I thought a visored helmet would look good on this model.

1118990_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2024%20Left%20s

I thought some Necromunda Chain blades/axes?? would look good with this pose. Again, I plan to have lots of blood splattered across his chest and arms when I get around to painting these. It's well know that Chaos Squats are very thirsty, so a water bottle and knife were also added.

1118989_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2024%20Rear.JPG

I went with a "Y" harness on this one for a change to show off his muscles. Some moulded pouches and holstered laspistol were also added to his belt to finish.

1115918_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%2015%

Here's a shot of another poorly undercoated Chaos Traitor Guard I've made. Anvil Industries head and torso were added to some Cadian legs and arms. A Chaos Icon mould from a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist was added to his belt, alongside a knife. The sword comes from Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist whilst the laspistol comes from a Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guardsman. The usual blade and spikes were also added to his Cadian shoulder pads to make him more Chaos like.

1115919_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%2015%

1115920_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%2015%

Till next time, Phil.

Love every update in this thread, always impressed by the quality of work you do! Also frankly shocked with how skillful you are at molding and casting parts; any tips for an aspirant to your level of efficiency?

As usual, excellent work. You’re on a roll with putting together a really unique and flavorful force. 

I suspect that many of us would love to see a tutorial. 

Thanks for your comments. I'll see what I can do in the near future Shovellovin :smile.:

Daily update time:

1118994_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2026%20Front.JP

For my 26th Chaos Squat, I wanted a "Special forces" vibe, so posed him heroically holding a Bolter with spare magazines across his chest. I went for a baseball cap but sculpted some sunglasses for him to look cool. I wanted to make him appear to have just ejected his previous magazine (spending a bit of time cutting and hollowing out a hole in the Bolter to receive a new magazine) and gave him a new magazine in his left hand (taken from a Space Marine kit). The legs came from a Vulkite Berzerker, arms from Cadians, pouches, Chaos icon belt buckle and holstered laspistol all came from moulds. I also gave him knee and elbow pads with thin plasticard straps for realism. I also added an AOS axe from the left side of his belt for more close combat prowess.

1118995_sm-Chaos%20Squat%2026%20Right%20

I added a Horus Heresy Tartarus Chainfist to the end of his Bolter and the end of an Adeptus Mechanicus weapon to give the impression of a silencer. I added a Catachan backpack as it had a sword attached to the right side and a knife on the left.

1115922_sm-Chaos%2024th%20Foot%20Traitor

I based this traitor on the 24th foot regiment after watching Zulu too many times! He has a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist legs with an Anvil Industries head and Cadian arms and torso. An Orlock knife was added for the bayonet and the usual spiky bits were added to his shoulderpads.

1115923_sm-Chaos%2024th%20Foot%20Traitor

I added a medic's backpack and Scion's blanket wrap (both made from moulds). Spare lasgun batteries were added alongside a Chaos icon taken from a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist mould.

1115924_sm-Chaos%2024th%20Foot%20Traitor

And I added an Orlock scabbard to hold his bayonet as well. I think the "spats" on his boots give an old Victorian feel to this model.

Till next time, Phil.