New Chaos Traitor Guard and cultist army - Chaos Squats!

On 7/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, Brother Carpenter said:

Darn those minis really rock. I like how you manage to tie it all together in the painting stage.

Keep it up.

On 7/6/2022 at 11:43 PM, Tallarn Commander said:

Such a brilliant Renegades & Heretics force. Your modeling and painting are inspired!

Thanks Brother Carpenter and Tallarn Commander. I'm enjoying the hobby at the moment.

Update time:

1142867_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20139.J

This Chaos Traitor Guard had a head from a 3D Resin print from Bitzbox which gave it a Medieval look.The body is from a Necromunda Outcast with a FW Chaos Renegade Icon (taken from a mould) as his breastplate. He has a DKoK right arm (with added spikes to the shoulder pad) with a mace from a Chaos warrior. I can't remember where I got the mould for the left arm (could be Anvil or Spellcrow) and added a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist autopistol. A DKoK lasgun was added on his back with a plasticard strap and clasps made from moulds from the DKoK kit.

1142866_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20138.J

This winter warrior has an Anvil Industries head and torso, I added DKoK arms and lasgun (the shoulder pads were carefully removed). The legs were from Cadia for a change. A mould of a DKoK backpack was also added.

1142870_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20142.J

This trooper is from a 3D resin print from etsy. I added a 40k feel by using the feet from a DKoK I had spare and used milliput to fill the gaps. I'm waiting for some of the new bright GW Contrast paints for a colour scheme.

1142869_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20141.J

This Traitor Guard has an Anvil Industries head, torso and arms with Victoria Miniatures legs. A backpack was added from a mould alongside a holster and Chaos Icon belt buckle. I used a Cadian lasgun to finish.

1142873_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20145.J

This Medieval trooper comes from a Necromunda Outcast body with a Warhammer Great Swordsman head. Genestealer Cult arms and autogun were also used. Milliput was also used to fill the gaps.

And some completed models .....

1144876_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%207.J

This Penal Trooper was made from Victoria Miniature moulds and a Necromunda Outcast shotgun.

1144870_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%201.J

This convict has managed to steal a Prison Guards boots and knee pads. I painted gloss on them to make it have a more shiny effect.

1144872_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%203.J

This convict has a Mad Robot Miniatures head, a bare Chaos Icon branded chest (taken from a mould) with catachan arms and a Warcry pair of legs. The loincloth was removed and milliput was used to fill the gaps.

1144871_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%202.J

This convict has a bare chest (from Mad Robot Miniatures?) with a flagellants pair of legs. I chose the ones with manacles to tie in with the convict look. 

1144878_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%209.J

This convict was fun to make. I chose a screaming head and added it to a pair of running manacled flagellant feet that I attached to a converted mould of Victoria Miniature legs. He has taken the gloves, wrist guards and pistol from an unfortunate Prison Guard!!

1144879_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2010.

This has a pair of Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist arms converted to hold a SM knive. Congealed blood was added as usual to all of the blades of my models.

Here's a group shot of my first squad:

1144880_sm-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Cu

I started to write Prisoner numbers across the chest and backs of all the Prison jump suits but found it much easier to use a 0.1mm pen instead.

1144881_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%20Squ

I love the convict on the furthest right. This Victoria Miniatures torso has modelled whip welts/marks across the back which I think is brilliant!

Please feel free to ask any questions. Regards, Phil.

Update time:

1142875_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20147.J

This cultist/Traitor Guard has a Mad Robot Miniatures head added to a Necromunda Outcast model. Milliput was used to fill all gaps used. 

1142874_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20146.J

This is a Black Scorpion Miniatures Highwayman I saw and thought I could convert. The feet were replaced with some Cadian boots I had spare. I removed all of the tiny flintlock pistols he had and added a DKoK pickaxe and Warhammer knife and used milliput to resculpt his belt. DKoK laspistols were then used in each hand. A Chaos Icon was also attached to the side of his belt to show which "side" he is on!!

1142878_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20150.J

This Traitor Guard has a Scion torso with a new breastplate (taken from a mould of a FW Chaos Renegade Chaos Icon) and Cadian arms (with spikes added to the shoulderpads). A Warhammer Empire head was added alongside a mould of some legs and Necromunda Orlock boots. A Deathrattle skeleton sword was added to finish.

1142877_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20149.J

This "Hazmat/Spacesuit" guy has an Anvil Industries head added to a Necromunda Outcast torso with GS arms and legs. The GS icon was carefully removed from his legs and milliput was then used to fill all of the gaps.

1142876_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20148.J

I wanted to make a French Foreign Legion "Beau Geste" like trooper. I used a Mad Robot Miniature head with a DKoK arms, lasgun and body. I used milliput to sculpt the bottom of his trousers (to hide the puttees) and then added a Catachan knife as a bayonet. I removed the shoulderpads with scalpel and files and used milliput as always, to fill any gaps. Finally, a Chaos Icon belt buckle was added.

And to some finished models....

1144884_sm-Chaos%2017th%20Corinth%20Conq

This is my 17th Corinth Conquistadors. I wanted to make it as bright as possible so chose orange and blue contrast paint over a zenithal prime. I added a holstered laspistol to bring him into the 40k world. I added some congealed blood down the sword blade as well.

1144883_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20with%20Chai

This model was from the Necromunda Redemptionists. I added an Anvil Industries head and a new breastplate (from the FW Chaos Renegade kit). I converted the chainsaw by removing the flamer and adding milliput to fill the gap around the chainsaw.

1144887_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20Pistolier.J

This gunslinger is based on a Necromunda Orlock model with a hat taken from a mould from a Black Scorpion Miniatures. If I had to make this again, I would try to get the hat to sink lower down.

Any questions, just ask. Till next time, Phil.

Update time:

1142880_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20152.J

I wanted to make a Union Civil War Infantryman after seeing the Mad Robot Miniatures heads. I added a milliput torso with single buttons I had previously converted. The arms and legs were from Cadian troopers with plasticard straps and a CHaos Icon belt buckle.

1142879_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20151.J

This Zulu War inspired model has an Anvil Industries head and arms with a mould of a Cadian dress torso and legs with a Necromunda Orlock boots. Epaulettes were added alongside a Chaos Icon dangling from his belt. 

1142883_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20155%2
1142884_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20155%2

This Native American was a 3D resin print from Etsy. I converted him with a Warcry axe with a SM knife and a mould of a holstered laspistol. I added a Chaos Icon (taken from a Chaos Rhino hatch) to his shield to ensure everyone which deity he worships. I think he will look really cool when I eventually get around to painting them.

1142882_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20154.J

I wanted some Gladiator-like cultists and saw this on Etsy. I replaced his paltry sword with a Catachan long sword.

1142881_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20153.J

This convict has clearly been working out in the prison gym! He is made entirely of moulds apart from the Warcry knives.

And some finished models ....

1144882_sm-Chaos%2025th%20Wessex%20Fusil

This is my Chaos 25th Wessex Fusiliers and is based on a WW1/WW2 British Infantryman. He has an Anvil Industries head and arms with a Mad Robot Miniatures torso. I added SM pouches to his chest and a backpack. The legs are from a Cadian mould with puttee and boots from another mould (which I can't remember where from). A DKoK lasgun and SM knife were chosen with a Chaos Icon dangling from his belt.

1144886_sm-Chaos%2012th%20Palatine%20Gua

This is my 12th Palatine Guard. He's from an Etsy 3D print. I converted him by adding a new autopistol, grenade, Cadian knife, Chaos Icon belt buckle and holstered laspistol. I wanted to make him as colourful as possible, so used some of the GW contrast paints and am waiting on the new range that are coming out tomorrow to paint some more!

1144889_sm-Chaos%20Sniper.JPG

I saw this Russian Spetnatz Sniper on Etsy and had to have it. I swopped the weapon with this DKoK lasgun and added the sniper scope from the original model. Simple swop but I think it's really effective.

Till next time. Regards, Phil.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, phandaal said:

Cool theme you have going on! Feels like a Chaos fleet picking up "converts" as it makes its way through the galaxy.

Thanks phandaal - you hit the nail on the head. I wanted to have as many different and converted figures as I could when making these models. I have been collecting Space Marines since 1987 but although I love converting, you can only convert Space Marines so many times. I started a Deathwatch army and have over 100 different chapters but once I saw the first Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard, I knew I could unleash my mind (and my money!!) and started this army :)

Update time:

1142885_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20156.J

I wanted to make a WW1 like German/Scottish model, so I used a Mad Robot Miniatures head with a Victoria Miniatures torso with GS Cult arms and converted legs. I used a DKoK lasgun with a Chaos Icon, axe and a mini sporran/pouch (taken from a mould from the kilted Victoria Miniatures).

1142888_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20159.J

This is a fallen Scion. I used a DKoK kneeling legs and swopped his feet for some BSF Chaos Traitor Guard moulds. I carefully moved the hotshot lasgun hoses and filled gaps with milliputs. I added a Chaos Icon belt buckle and some spikes to the shoulder pads.

1142886_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20157.J

I wanted to have a Valhallan/WW2 Russian like model. I used a mould of a Spellcrow model head and added to a mould of a torso and greatcoat legs I made. The blanket was from a mould I had from an original Valhallan model. I used a DKoK arm and a catachan knife for his left arm.

1142890_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Scratch%

This is based on a Warcry model. I added an Anvil long haired head, bare arms and Bren gun. A Chaos Icon was added alongside a holstered laspistol from a mould. Milliput was used to fill all of the gaps as usual.

1142889_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20160.J

This Traitor Guard has a converted Cadian head with a mould of a branded Chaos Icon across his bare chest. Anvil Industries bare arms were used alongside a GS Cult pair of legs. A Lasgun with a Chaos Icon dangling from his belt (instead of the GS logo) was used to finish this one.

1142893_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20164.J

This model has a body and legs from a GS Cultist with a pair of Scion arms and an Anvil Industries head. Spikes were added to his shoulder pads to "Chaosify" him!!

And some finished models .....

1144890_sm-Chaos%20Duellist.JPG

This is a Black Scorpion Miniatures model. I added some AOS Death Rattle Skeleton swords and a DKoK lasgun slung across his back.

1144891_sm-British%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Culti

Again, this is a Black Scorpion Miniatures model. I give you an officer from the 6th Royal Ventralis. I converted him by adding a Necromunda Enforcer pistol and a Chainsword and painted him in a 19th Century British Officer style.

1144892_sm-Chaos%20Spetznatz%201.JPG

This was from a 3d Resin print I bought on Etsy. I converted his small Kalashnikov with a Lasgun and milliput to fill the gaps - simple but I think looks quite effective. 

Till next time. Phil.   

21 hours ago, oldschoolsoviet said:

I remember this thread, and you're still knocking these out, kudos.

Fav of the recent is probably kneeling hotshot guy, so subtle but instantly getting the vibe.

Thanks oldschoolsoviet for your comments. :thumbsup: I can't choose which model I prefer - each one I create becomes my favourite!

Update time:

1142892_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20163.J

I wanted to make another "Romanesque" like model. I again used a head and torso from Mad Robot Miniatures. They are brilliant parts and really make the model appear to be a heavy assault trooper. I added a DKok right arm (with some spikes added to the shoulder pad) and a bare left arm from Anvil Industries with a Warcry axe. The legs are from Necromunda Outcast legs with a Warhammer Empire sword (just because he didn't have enough weapons!!).

1142891_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20162.J

This model has a Catachan bare chested and flak jacket torso with an Anvil Industries head. The Catachan medic arms were converted by adding a BSF Chaos Traitor Guardsman's hands and lasgun. Milliput was used to sculpt muscles and to fill gaps as usual. Although the Catachan medics arms are a bit smaller in scale, I really like them as it allows me to make some left handed models as opposed to the usual right handed. GS cult legs were added alongside some Chaos Icons to show his beliefs!

1142895_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20166.J

This is a Black Scorpion Miniatures I converted. I swopped his very small six shooter for a Necromunda pistol and added some Cadian boots (from a mould). The original feet were far to small for my liking. I also used some milliput to make some trouser legs. A Chaos Icon belt buckle was added to finish.

1142894_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Scratch%

This model has an Anvil Industries head and arms which I added to my Chaos branded bare chest. I used a mould of one of the Cadian legs and added some feet from a BSF Chaos Traitor Guard mould. I used a Catachan Bolter and added some SM Bolter magazines on his belt. I added a holstered laspistol and Chaos Icon belt buckle.

1142898_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20169.J

This model has an Anvil Industries head and cross belt buckle torso (from Mad Robot Miniatures?). I used an Adeptus Mechanicus pair of arms as the rifle looked suitably old fashioned. Milliput was used to fill and smooth gaps. I used a pair of Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist legs and added a Chaos Icon dangling from his belt. 

1142897_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20168.J

I wanted to have a Deep Sea Diver like model to go alongside the Scuba Diver I made and showed previously. I scoured the internet and managed to find the helmet from Zinge Industries - it's slightly smaller than I would like, but it's hardly noticeable. I used a Necromunda Outcast torso and legs which resembled a Deep Sea Divers. I didn't like the scroll on the right shin , so I made a mould of the left one and then carefully removed the right and swopped it. The arms were moulds from Anvil Industries added to a mould of gloves (from a Warhammer Chaos Warrior). I used a Necromunda Enforcer pistol and Catachan knife as weapons. I added a Chaos Icon to his chest to finish. This reminds me very much like a Scooby Doo villain!!!!!!

And to some finished models ....

1144888_sm-Chaos%20118th%20Valterian%20D

This is a Chaos 118th Valterian Destroyer. He is based on a Temptus Scion. I went for an Urban colour scheme. I added a spare SM bolter magazine to his belt alongside a Chaos Icon belt buckle. To make him more "Chaos" like, I added some spikes to his shoulder pads as well.

1144894_sm-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Cu
1144895_sm-Chaos%208th%20Vatican%20Bodyg

This is my 8th Vatican Bodyguard. The head is from a resin cast from Bitzbox, added to a Catachan arms and lasgun. I used Warhammer Empire puffed sleeves (with milliput to smooth the joins with the Catachan arms) and legs. I used a mould of some BSF Chaos Traitor Guard boots to add some height (the original Warhammer Empire boots made him look incredibly short - they are clearly not "Heroic" scale). The torso was from a mould of a Cadian Officers that I added a Chaos breastplate (taken from a mould from the FW Chaos Renegade torso's). A SM Scout knife was added to his back, alongside a Necromunda Orlock scabbard for him to keep the knife in his left hand when he's not using it. I used some bright contrast colours to paint his uniform and some Retributor Gold for his helmet. I really enjoyed this model and intend on painting all of the similar Warhammer Empire bits models I have made with different paint schemes to show all of the different uniforms that every world and regiment uses. 

Feel free to ask any questions. Regards, Phil. 

On 7/20/2022 at 4:13 PM, FollowerofDG said:

The blue is beautiful. I wish I had half of your ability to create/bash/sculpt models. Terrific work!

Thanks FollowerofDG. Everything is achievable if you have patience. You won't know if you can do anything until you try. The blue is a very careful coat of Talassar Blue contrast paint - very bright.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:47 PM, CaptainFrederickson said:

This thread is always such an inspiration. This kind of creative model-building is my favorite thing about this hobby.

Thanks CaptainFrederickson for your comments. I much prefer building to painting. I have a vast bitz box and have loads of silicon putty moulds to make unique models. I'm always on the look out for parts from various bitz suppliers and this always gives me inspiration to make more troops. As I don't play, I'm not looking to reach a certain points value and for the models to have the correct weapons - I go with the rule of cool approach to making. Feel free to copy anything I create :thumbsup:

Update time:

1142900_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20171.J

This model has a BSF Chaos Cultist torso with a Catachan chainsword (with some milliput to fill gaps) in his right hand. The knife in his left hand is from Warcry. The legs are from a mould from Anvil Industries and boots from a mould from Mad Robot Miniatures. A plasticard belt was added with a Chaos Icon belt buckle, pouches and holstered laspistol (from moulds). This is how I painted him ....

1146274_sm-Chaos%201st%20Tantiss%20Shock
1146275_sm-Chaos%201st%20Tantiss%20Shock

This is my Chaos 1st Tantiss Shock Trooper. I used mostly contrast paints with a bit of Humbrol rust and GSW Congealed Blood sponged on to different parts of the model.

1142899_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20170.J

This model is made mostly from moulds. I wanted to make him look like a fallen Mordian like regiment. I armed him with a Necromundan Outcast las-rifle. 

1142903_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20174.J

This model is based on a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist legs and autogun. The Catachan medic arms were used again with milliput used to fill gaps. A Chaos Icon branded bare chest was used with an Empire flagellant head.

1142905_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20176.J

This was again mostly made from moulded parts. The head was from an Empire Pistollier and the shot gun was from a Necromunda Outcast.

1144850_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20200

And finally, I wanted to make an SAS like model. I used a GSC head as it had a great gasmask with a Victoria Miniatures torso. I think the legs were from Spellcrow but I'm not 100%. The arms and weapons are from Anvil Industries. A Chaos Icon belt buckle was added alongside some grenades and holstered laspistol. Milliput was then used to fill all of the gaps.

1146276_sm-Chaos%2053rd%20Hereford%20Rif

I give you a Chaos 53rd Hereford Rifles. I wanted to paint them in the style of the 1980's Iran Embassy scheme so chose Vallejo Black Grey to paint the overall's with black for all of the webbing and boots. I also gave him a red visor to assist with night vision with some Flesh Tearer Red contrast followed by a coat of gloss varnish.

Till next time, Phil.

Update time:

1142901_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20172.J

This model has an Anvil Industries Zombie head with a mould of a Necromunda Outcast. GSC arms were used with a pair of Cadian legs (with a mould of Cadian boots). Milliput was used as usual to fill gaps.

1142905_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20176.J

This Traitor Guard has an Empire Pistollier head and Necromunda Outcast arms. The rest is made of moulds (a Mad Robot Miniatures torso, striped trousers converted from a Cadian with Necromundan Orlock boots).

1142904_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20175.J

I made a slight conversion to this giant Necromundan Delaque ganger. I used a mould of a head I've used on my Penal troopers. I also made a holster that I attached to his right side.

1142908_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20179.J

I wanted this Traitor Guard to have an 18th Century feel so I gave him an Anvil Industries head matched with a some Adeptus Mechanicus arms.
The torso is a mould from Mad Robot Miniatures, with my striped converted legs and a pair of BSF Traitor Guard boots. A plasticard strap was added to hold his ammo box on his left hip.

And some finished models ....

1144893_sm-Chaos%2C%20Cultist%2C%20Chaos

This is my Chaos 86th Plebian Lifeguards. I bought a few of the new brightest colour contrast paints and wanted to try as many variations as I could. Striking Scorpion, Imperial Fist and the older Snakebite Leather were the main colours used. Congealed blood was sponged on his sabre.

1144896_sm-Chaos%20Spetznatz%202.JPG

This Chaos Spetznatz originated on Etsy and I swopped the original weapon with an AK47 from Anvil Industries. I wanted to give him a chemical weapons overall so I used some Militarum Green Contrast paint. 

And finally..

1146246_sm-Chaos%2017th%20Reitling%20Ran

This is my Chaos 17th Reitling Rangers. He has a Mad Robot Miniatures head and torso with DKoK arms and legs with some milliput sculpted fur trims. He has a Death Rattle skeleton sword and I added some spikes on his shoulder pads. I used Militarium Green Contrast for his coat and over a silver undercoat on their shoulder pad, I added a thin layer of Flesh Tearer Contrast to give a slight metallic look. Rust, mud and blood was sponged on to finish.

Edited by Brother Morgan
Incorrect photo added

Another good-looking update. I especially like the first miniature with the zombie head and that Reitling Ranger. What silicone brand do you use for your moulds? I have made some with blue stuff but I'm thinking of making some out of silicone.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:53 PM, CaptainFrederickson said:

Another good-looking update. I especially like the first miniature with the zombie head and that Reitling Ranger. What silicone brand do you use for your moulds? I have made some with blue stuff but I'm thinking of making some out of silicone.

Thanks for your comments Captain Frederickson.

Update time:

1142907_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20178.J

I made this Chaos Cultist from a Warcry model. I "40k'd" it by adding an autopistol from a Dark Vengeance Cultist. I also added a Chaos Icon shield over his left forearm (a mould from a Chaos Warrior) and a moulded holster on his left hip. The head came from a mould of a Necromundan Goliath.

1142906_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20177.J

Having bought a Solar Auxilia model from ebay, I made a few moulds of his head and legs to use on this model. I used a Necromunda Outcast for the torso and knife with an Adeptus Mechanicus rifle. A Chaos Icon breast plate was added from a mould from the FW Chaos Renegade torso's.

1142910_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20181.J

This Traitor Guard has an Anvil Industries gead, combined with a mould of a Mad Robot Miniatures torso. I sculpted the greycoat legs and added a mould of some Cadian boots. A mould of a Chaos shoulder pad was added with some plasticard straps. It has an Adeptus Mechanicus rifle and a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist Autopistol. Grenades and a Chaos Icon belt buckle were added to finish.

And some finished models......

1144903_sm-Chaos%20American%20GI%201.JPG

I wanted to make an American WW2 GI type squad after seeing the Anvil Industries heads. I used a Mad Robot Miniatures torso and laced up boots (from moulds) with a Cadian pair of legs (again from moulds). The arms are from moulds from Spellcrow. The autorifle came from a SoB model. I added a pair of sunglasses I sculpted from milliput to give him a cool look and to differentiate him as the squad leader. I added a chest mounted holstered pistol, a Catachan knife, grenades with a Chaos Icon belt buckle. I painted him with Militarium Green Contrast for his uniform with Army Painter Camo Cloak Speed Paint for his webbing.

1144904_sm-Chaos%20American%20GI%202.JPG

This is my point man. Anvil Industries released some Thompson machine guns as part of their D-Day release recently, so I had to make some models for them. So this has Anvil Industries head and arms, with a Mad Robot Miniatures torso and laced up boots (from moulds). The legs came from a Catachan fighter mould. A Chaos Icon was dangled from his belt. I added a SM Scout pouch and grenade onto his chest harness. A backpack was added from a mould from a Catachan backpack alongside a Catachan knife.

1144905_sm-Chaos%20American%20GI%203.JPG

I love this pose - braced and screaming as he's firing - he reminds me of Al Pacino in Scarface!! He has an Anvil Industries head and arms with a Mad Robot Miniatures torso and laced up boots. He has a Catachan pair of legs. The same backpack was used, alongside a Chaos Icon belt buckle, grenades and a Catachan knife. 

1144906_sm-Chaos%20American%20GI%204.JPG

I wanted to have a running pose, so I converted a pair of Catachan legs and again used Anvil Industries head and arms with a Mad Robot Miniatures torso and laced up boots. Grenades and pouches were added to finish. 

1144907_sm-Chaos%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Cu

This is a group shot of my GI squad so far. I need to look at Anvil Industries and other companies to see what else I can use as I plan on adding more to this group in the near future. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, bloodhound23 said:

The Delaque headswap in particular looks good.

Nice job. You're working at quite the pace.

Thanks bloodhound23 for your comments. I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

Update time:

1142911_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20182.J

I've seen quite a few "Western Cowboy" themed models and when Anvil Industries released their recent models, I knew I had to get some of them. This has the torso, legs and arms from Anvil, with a Necromundan Orlock head (with a hat taken from a mould of one of the Black Scorpion cowboys I also have). The gun is from a Necromunda Enforcer with some milliput to fill in any gaps. I made a new holster on his left and right hip out of milliput to replace the smaller Anvil versions.

1142915_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20186.J

When Black Scorpion Miniatures released their new "Clansmen", I knew I had to have them (I've watched too much Outlander!!). They are not heroic scale, so I had to remove his feet and replace them with some boots from moulds from a Necromundan Orlock. I swopped his right hand with a DKoK laspistol  to bring him into the 40k universe.

1142914_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20185.J

This cultist has an Anvil Industries head with a Mad Robot Miniatures torso. He has Necromundan Outcast legs with SoB arms. Spiked shoulder pads were added alongside a milliput holster.

1146241_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2016.

This is another of my Penal Troopers. Apologies for the startled look - it's the best my unsteady hands can do! He is made of moulded milliput (apart from his bolter, knife and magazines). 

1146242_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2015.

This Penal Trooper has taken the boots from his old Prison Guard. I used some Cadian arms (with the shoulder pads removed) and gave him a running stance.

1146240_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2014.

Apart from the head and the tip of his lasgun (the original one was too thin and snapped off), this is all Victoria Miniatures. I love these bits and once I saw them, I knew I had to create a few squads of them. I now use Technical pens to write the prisoners numbers as my hand isn't steady enough to use a brush.

Feel free to ask any questions. Till next time, Phil.  

Update time:

1142917_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20188.J

This Penal trooper has "borrowed" a helmet from one of his guards. He has moulds from Anvil Industries for his head, Victoria Miniatures torso and Mad Robot Miniature legs. Anvil Industries arms, grenades and GSC Autogun were used to finish.

1142916_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20187.J

This cultist has a Dark Vengeance cultist body, a Flagellant head and GSC Autogun. Milliput was used to fill gaps and make a glove.

1142921_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%20WIP%20192.J

This knock off DKoK has an Anvil Industries zombie head with a mould from Mad Robot Miniatures for his torso, a Dark Vengeance cultist legs/skirt and BSF Traitor Guard boots. He was armed with GSC weapons.

And to some finished models...

1146239_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2011.

This Penal trooper has borrowed quite a few bits of armour from his previous keepers. 

1146238_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2017.

Apart from the gun, this model is made up of milliput moulds. I am particularly happy with his manacled feet taken from some Arco-flagellants. I added a length of plastic tubing to make a silenced autogun.

1146243_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%2012.

I wanted to give a polished armour look so I added some gloss varnish only to the armour. 

1145440_sm-Chaos%20Penal%20Trooper%20Squ

And a group shot of my next 7 Penal troopers.

Update time:

1144842_sm-Chaos%20Psyker%201.JPG

I made a small conversion on this BSF Chaos Psyker - I removed the horn on the right hand side of his head as it looked silly and used a small amount of milliput to make it smooth.

1144844_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20194

I disliked both arms/weapons on this FW Chaos Renegade, so I swopped them with a Chaos SM chainsword and an AOS Chaos dagger.

1144847_sm-Chaos%20Traitor%20Guard%20197

This Traitor has a FW Chaos Renegade torso with DKoK arms, a Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist axe and a Warcry dagger added through his belt. His legs were from moulds with knee pads taken from a Necromunda Outcast mould and Cadian boots mould.

1146247_sm-Chaos%208th%20Reinsberg%20%26

This is my Chaos 28th Reinsberg "Red Devils" Rangers. He is based on a British Para from WW2. He has an Elysian lasgun and an Anvil Industries head.

1146245_sm-Chaos%20Human%20Bomb.JPG

This is my Chaos Human Bomb. He has an original RT torso but I used a pair of BSF Chaos Cultist running legs to make a more dynamic pose. A pair of muscled Catachan arms were used to finish.

1146249_sm-Chaos%20116th%20Ratzburg%20Li
1146250_sm-Chaos%20116th%20Ratzburg%20Li

This is my Chaos 116th Ratzburg Life Guard. I went with a French Napoleonic paint scheme. He has an Anvil Industries head and torso is either Mad Robot Miniatures or Anvil Industries. He has DKoK arms and legs with a backpack taken from an old IG kit.

1146251_sm-Chaos%203rd%20Hungarian%20Rif

And finally, this is my Chaos 203rd Hungarian Rifles trooper. I loved reading the Gaunts Ghosts novels and see this similar to the enemies they had to face. He has Mad Robot Miniatures head and barbed wire armoured torso. His legs come from a Necromundan Outcast with DKoK arms. Spikes were added to the shoulder pad (from a Dark Eldar weapon) with a pistol from an old Dark Vengeance Chaos Cultist. I painted over a metallic base on his shoulder pads to give the thinned red contrast a metallic look.

Update time:

1146248_sm-Chaos%2029th%20Janzibar%20Fus

This is my Chaos 29th Janzibar Fusiliers Traitor Guard. He has either an Anvil Industries or Mad Robot Miniatures head (sorry but I can't remember) with a Mad Robot barbed wire torso and Anvil Industries arms. A Catachan lasgun with Cadian legs and Necromunda Orlock boots (both from a mould). He was painted with a mix of GW Contrast and Army Painter Speed Paints. I wanted a "Sons of Sek" feel to this one.

1146254_sm-Chaos%209th%20Mississippi%20R

This is my Chaos 209th Mississippi Regulars Traitor Guard. I wanted to make some American Civil War type troopers and painted this one in the colours of the South. He has a Mad Robot Miniatures head, converted Cadian legs (so that they appear to be running), DKoK arms and lasgun with Necromundan Orlock boots (from a mould). The blanket across his chest comes from a mould of an original Valhallan model with extra milliput to fill any gaps. I've completed a trooper from the North and will display this once I finish photographing him (alongside another 40 models).

1146253_sm-Chaos%2014th%20Pluvian%20Roya

This is my Chaos 14th Pluvian Royals Traitor Guard. He has an Anvil Industries head with a Necromundan Outcast torso and hands, Empire Outrider arms and Genestealer Cult legs (the GSC icon was removed and replaced with a Chaos one instead). I also added a spike to his shoulder pad (a Dark Elves blade) and an axe on his side for more mayhem in close combat!! I bought the brightest new GW Contrast paints recently as I wanted to have splashes of colours and to show that every regiment has different uniforms.

And finally ....

1146258_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Kit%20Ba

This is my Chaos 4th Islander Rifles Traitor Guard. He has an Anvil Industries head and arms with a Cadian torso, legs and Necromundan Orlock boots (taken from moulds). The legs have a broad milliput strip added to the outside leg (and then a mould made to help make more in the future). Epaulettes were added (from a mould from an old Mordian guard model). I also added a Chaos Icon to show what God he believes in. I gave him a Slaanesh like uniform in bright blue and pink epaulettes, cuffs and piping. I really like how this model turned out.

As usual, please feel free to ask any questions. Regards, Phil.   

On 8/16/2022 at 1:17 AM, CaptainFrederickson said:

I love the look and the colors of the Pluvian Royals traitor guardsman. That combination of bits and colors is a real standout. It’s not as ragtag as a lot of traitor guard, but has a distinctly different feel from a loyalist uniform.

Thanks CaptainFrederickson. Im really enjoying the creative freedom of making lots of different regiments for my Traitor guard/cultist army. I like using bits from lots of different sources and making exclusive models. I have plenty more to show off in the near future.

Update time:

1146255_sm-Chaos%2017th%20Janzian%20Rifl

This is my Chaos 20th Janzian Rifles trooper. He has a Mad Robot Miniatures head and torso with a Necromunda Outcast arms with a mould of some Cadian legs (with a milliput stripe added) and BSF Traitor guardsman boots. I wanted to make my new batch as colourful as possible so used some of the new GW Contrast paints.

1146256_sm-Chaos%2012th%20New%20England%

This is my Chaos 12th New England Pipers trooper. He has an Anvil Industries head and arms, with a Necromundan Esher lasgun, a DKoK torso (legs and backpack) and some Necromundan Orlock boots. Epaulettes were also added (from a Mordian mould) to give a more distinguished look.

1146260_sm-Chaos%2087th%20Lupercine%20Li

This is my Chaos 87th Lupercine Life Guard trooper. He is a Human Bloodbowl player with a laspistol and axe added to "Chaosify" him. Some nice and bright GW Contrast was used in this colourscheme.

And finally ....

1146257_sm-Chaos%2043rd%20Halpsberg%20Ri

This is my Chaos 43rd Halpsberg Rifles trooper. He has a Mad Robot Miniatures head, a Victoria Miniatures torso, with GSC arms and legs with a DKoK lasgun. I wanted to use some GW Soulblight Grey Shade to show off his white armour.

Update time:

1146262_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Diving%2
1146263_sm-Chaos%2021st%20Odessan%20Warr

This is my Chaos 21st Odessan Warriors Traitor Guard. I wanted to make an old fashioned deep sea diver - a real Scooby Doo villain!! I used a Zinge Industries helmet with a Necromunda Outcast body. I moulded the left leg grieve and used it on the right one to give a more symmetrical look and also sculpted some boot weights on as well. A Necromunda pistol and SM Scout knife were also added to finish.

1146261_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Chaos%20

This is my Chaos 72nd Salsburn Fusiliers. He is a Black Scorpion Miniatures model with a AOS Deathrattle skeleton sword and DKoK laspistol. As his original feet were a bit small, I swopped them for some moulds of some BSF Chaos Traitor Guardsman. I wanted to give this model a 'Nelson-like' paint scheme.

1146265_sm-Chaos%2054th%20Tongarine%20Ri

This is my Chaos 54th Tongarine Rifles. He has an Anvil Industries head and arms with a Necromundan Outcast torso and flail with a DKoK lasgun. Legs were converted with milliput bands and moulds from Mad Robot Miniatures boots. I wanted to give this model a more Council workman-like feel so painted his trouser stripes with some luminous yellow. 

1146264_sm-Chaos%20Cultist.JPG

This Chaos Cultist has a Necromundan Outcast head and arms with an Empire flagellant body. He was painted with some muted GW Contrast.

And finally ...

1146267_sm-Chaos%2023rd%20Francais%20Fus

This is my Chaos 23rd Francais Fusiliers. I wanted a French Foreign Legion look so I gave him a Mad Robot Miniatures soft kepi head, torso and boots (from a mould). His legs are a mould from either Anvil Industries or Mad Robot Miniatures ( I can't remember!). I gave him some epaulettes (from a Mordian mould), some chest pouches (from a Space Marine) and an Anvil Industires arms (a DKoK lasgun and an AOS knife). I used a mix of GW Contrast and Army Painter Speed Paint greens to finish the paint job.

Update time:

1146266_sm-Chaos%2094th%20Azael%20Hussar

Here's my Chaos 94th Azael Hussar Trooper. He has a Scion beret head with a Necromundan Outcast body, Anvil Industries arms with GSC legs and autogun. I broke the rifle barrel, so I swopped it with a lasgun barrel. GW Contrast paints were used for most of the model (apart from the silver and gold bits).

1146269_sm-Chaos%2063rd%20Ankora%20First

This is my Chaos 63rd Ankora Firstborn. He has an Anvil Industries Bearskin with a Mad Robot Miniatures cross belt torso. DKoK arms and legs were used to finish, with some spikes added to his shoulder pads.

1146268_sm-Acw%2C%20Chaos%20Cultist%2C%2

This is my Chaos 7th Carrosburg Cavalry Trooper. I wanted to make a George Custer 7th Cavalry-like figure, so used a Mad Robot Miniatures head and torso, with some Anvil Industries arms. The legs are taken from a mould of some Cadian legs with the bottom part of the jacket removed. I also added a thin stripe of milliput down his trouser legs to go with his Necromundan Orlock boots (from a mould). I wanted to make the gun look like a 19th century rifle, so I used the lasgun from a Necromundan Escher with a bit of milliput to fill in the gap between the butt and the lasgun.  The yellow Imperial Fist GW Contrast paint was used to provide a contrast for his neckerchief and trouser stripe. He reminds me of one of the Troopers you see on many of John Wayne's films :thumbsup:

1146272_sm-Chaos%20Cultist%2C%20Great%20

Alongside the 7th Carrosburg Cavalry Trooper, this is my Chaos 21st New Yorkshire Cavaliers. I saw this model from Black Scorpion Miniatures and thought with a small amount of conversion, it would look like a cool 7th Cavalry Officer. His hands were replaced with some Necromundan Enforcer pistols and some Cadian boots. I used the same 2 coats of Ultramarine Blue GW Contrast and Imperial Fist on his jacket.

And finally, you can't have cowboys without .....

1146271_sm-Chaos%2043rd%20Apalachian%20W

Here's my Chaos 43rd Apalachian Wardogs. This is again from Black Scorpion Miniatures with his legs replaced with the old pewter legs from the Rogue Trader Imperial Guard Human Bomb that I had lying around in the bits box.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Till next time, Phil.