New to Aeronautica Imperialis

Hail Master C , :thumbsup:

so good to see you're getting games in ( yes they can take a lot longer than you expect them to :laugh: )  The planes are looking awesome.

I see your new little resin additions there, look forward to seeing them done...what colours on the Hemlock's ?... your usual scheme or something new !?..

Cheers, Mithril

Cheers, Mithril!

Yeah, it was good getting three games in, in one sitting! Upped my total to four games under my belt! Huzzah!

As for the Hemlocks, I think, lorewise, they are the same colours as the rest of the Craftworld stuff? Unlike the Nighshade Interceptors, which are Exarchs...and thus have their own colour scheme? That might actually be reason enough to get a blister of Nightshades, so that there can be some fluff-correct colour variation, heh!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice work, especially on the Salamanders (obviously I have a soft-spot for Salamanders!). :smile:

The Forgeworld Eldar planes look really nice! (in my experience, FW releases are nice models, but the probability of getting a duff cast is relatively high...although FW will generally replace the whole blister...)

Hail!

So - I never got around to taking pictures of the finished Vampire Raider or the two T'au Air Caste AX 1-0.

Better late than never!

tB6ooq7.jpg

4zCtziq.jpg

I am currently painting the two Hemlocks - and I expect to be done with them come Friday. They are quite easy to paint!

As for the latest expansion for AI - the Horus Heresy book, Area of Engagement and Cards - none of them have made it to local retailers here - nor the official GW shop. But then again, the local GW hardly has any AI stock on the shelves anyways. I guess that the game has never really "taken off" here :-D

Cheers!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas 

They look very nice :)

It looks like GW is having some difficulties with the Horus Heresy release - the book went "sold out" then back to "temporarily out of stock" on the UK site, the Space Marine cards are sold out, and pre-orders were only picked up by Royal Mail on Saturday morning (I ordered the area of engagement board) ...

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply, Mithril! 

I am almost done with all my AI models now. I just need to finish these two:

8OB8Zm4.jpg

Which I most likely will get around to this evening. 

That would free up my back-log, so that I can buy a box of Fire Raptors and a box of T'au Air Caste Barracudas, so that I can field three different air fleets. I am not really feeling the itch to get the Golden Boys flying machine, so I reckon that these last two purchases will finish off my AI collection...at least until they release a Stormbird! :-D

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hail!

Finally, I actually managed to finish those Hemlock Wraithfighters. That means, that all my Aeldari planes are now painted. I am still very much on the fence on whether I should buy the Nightshade Interceptors - but as I have tendencies towards completionism, I just might get them later in 2023...

Nh0ZtgG.jpg

Now, all I need to paint are two Fire Raptors for my Salamanders, and I am very much looking forward to painting them. When they are done, I will once again have painted everything AI that I own. That would then free up the AI backlog for me buying a box of T'au Air Caste Barracudas, whose purchase would allow me to field three different faction with, as I understand it, very different play styles, of respectively, T'au, Astartes and Aeldari.

Sadly, I have not gotten any games in, since August 2022...Life. 

Cheers!

Looking good. :smile:

How did you find the Hemlocks? I've got the T'au Remora drones and ground assets, and the burst cannon barrels were problematic on both sets, casting-wise (there'd clearly been an air bubble at the end of the barrel). :ermm: Hopefully you didn't have any issues with yours?

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Cheers, both!

I found the Hemlocks to be alright. I had to use a bit of very hot water to straight out a few bent bits, but the only "major" issue was my butter fingers snapping off one of the cannons that I had to glue back on...other than that, it was quite OK cast.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas