Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

• 3 weeks later...

440097063_946300504170736_11624053271228

We are showcasing #SpaceMarine2 in the US and Canada for our first North America Tour!

Get your hands on it for the first time and experience the brutality of Space Marine 2.

Check the dates to make sure you don't miss it!

From Focus.

14 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Maybe the algorithm hasn't deigned to show me anything yet but I've not seen or heard a peep about the game from this weekend, which is a bit odd? Either way hopefully some of these other ones will start getting some details circulated

Valrak released a video a bit ago about it. There's also apparently some leaks, watching it myself atm

Screenshot2024-04-29163913.thumb.png.2a1fc88e5e347bb8fb2696cc169f53d5.png

Leak boils down to some information out of the artbook, which apparently contains imagery of regular chaos legions beyond Thousand Sons (so BL, IW, etc.) which hints at a PvP mode. Most of those tweets were apparently pulled, and any eventual pvp-modes remain unconfirmed.

Imo there is a chance that, if they haven't outright canceled pvp, they might release it as a post launch update, DLC, or a standalone game.

Also Valrak concludes that more Info should come with the Warhammer Skulls video game festival, which he seemingly confused with the throne of skulls tournament (even calling it skull of thrones :rolleyes:). Last Skulls was end of may, so it's fair to assume the same for this year.

Edited by Nephaston
more info

It hadn't occurred to me until now but I bet this release might be making the Darktide developers sweat a bit. I know the games aren't 100% in competition but I imagine it may hurt their player numbers. I am likely to play both games still but I am concerned they will have a more difficult time after SM2 is release. There's certain to be a player base overlap.

GW are all about the retcons nowadays eh.

Sicarius first came about as Captain of the 5th Company, immediately prior to the Battle of Maccragge.

2879706-ultramarine_chapter_chart_3rd.jpg.5b3064556dd1e1b27e17a0f412712d8a.jpg

I don't like the way they're adding Titus into mainline lore by changing it. Seems like a modern policy change GW are enacting with 3rd party products.

Game otherwise looks solid. Modern console capacity means the environment and enemies etc will be really representing a Tyrannic invasion well.

Edited by Captain Idaho

9 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

GW are all about the retcons nowadays eh.

Sicarius first came about as Captain of the 5th Company, immediately prior to the Battle of Maccragge.

2879706-ultramarine_chapter_chart_3rd.jpg.5b3064556dd1e1b27e17a0f412712d8a.jpg

I don't like the way they're adding Titus into mainline lore by changing it. Seems like a modern policy change GW are enacting with 3rd party products.

Game otherwise looks solid. Modern console capacity means the environment and enemies etc will be really representing a Tyrannic invasion well.

Or maybe whoever wrote the article either wasn't aware of established fluff regarding sicarius' career path, or had forgotten it. Hell I doubt anyone but matt ward was aware of that in the first place

Contradictory lore isn't anything new, especially when it comes to minor stuff like the career path of a particular ultramarines special character.

On 4/29/2024 at 7:20 AM, Joe said:

440097063_946300504170736_11624053271228

From Focus.

I can't tell you how angry I am this isn't coming to Vancouver, where the first Space Marine game was made. There's just been zero acknowledgement from Focus where they got this franchise from. Focus is the most vulture-like publisher I have ever had the displeasure of working with.

Edited by Wispy

3 hours ago, Mmmmm Napalm said:

Or maybe whoever wrote the article either wasn't aware of established fluff regarding sicarius' career path, or had forgotten it. Hell I doubt anyone but matt ward was aware of that in the first place

Contradictory lore isn't anything new, especially when it comes to minor stuff like the career path of a particular ultramarines special character.

It's not minor though. It is the history of a character. Why have any lore if you change it all the time without notice eh?

And Ultramarines fans, many of us on the B&C, are quite fastidious about the lore. We created plenty of references to it and indexed them for a reason ;)

Edited by Captain Idaho

18 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

It hadn't occurred to me until now but I bet this release might be making the Darktide developers sweat a bit. I know the games aren't 100% in competition but I imagine it may hurt their player numbers. I am likely to play both games still but I am concerned they will have a more difficult time after SM2 is release. There's certain to be a player base overlap.

Fatshark are already sweating, bordering on dehydration. Helldivers 2 rolled up and ate their lunch. I bump into so many lapsed darktide players on HD2 its crazy, or warhammer fans in general. SM2 multiplayer will be putting in the final nails for darktide, but hey- at least their game broke before their cashshop did! :Fort: 

Remember that the commercial concerns (be it minis or games) always inform the lore, and not the other way around. Was watching some interviews with Rick Priestley and Andy Chambers recently and they were remarking that it has always been that way since the beginning. Make a cool model (or in this case, game) then they think - What's the best way to insert that into the background material?

Yeah I hate everything to do with him as well. I'd have not brought back Guilliman either.

Least those are new additions rather than historical changes to characters. Mostly. Still grossly done.