Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

unknown.png

Original Focus Home Post

Saber Interactive Announcement

Saber Interactive are slated to announce a slew of new games at The Game Awards on Thursday. Now, normally I wouldn't spit this out there, however we know Saber have been working on an unannounced Warhammer 40,000 game since at least 2019 after Focus Home Interactive announced they were publishing the title.

Might it be time for the game to finally make an appearance? We've seen Streum On Studio (Necromunda: Hired Gun) and Gasket Games' (Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground) games release in the last year.

Some notable products Saber or their subsidiaries have worked on / are working on;

• The Metro Series (4A Games)
  • KOTOR Remake (Aspyr)
  • Insurgency (New World Interactive)
  • Halo CE:A, Halo: MCC, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game (Saber Interactive)
Edited by Joe
Added release date window.

I wouldn't take everything in that leak as literal, as a few pieces were just placeholders and others were debunked / false flags. But it'd be nice if we did get a sequel to Space Marine.

Protect,

Redeem,

Purge.

Marines don't do a lot of protecting or redeeming. Custodies or inquisition and sisters have arguments for protecting or redeeming, respectively, but to me Arbites fits the bill the best.

Edited by grailkeeper

HaHa... I can see it now... it's a game for a combat medic...you don't shoot anything , you just heal your buddies...  protect them, redeem yourself by saving as many as you can and purge nurgle from their systems...   Heal like you've never healed before... :tongue.: 

Mithril 

Edit - I derped a mistake, but I'm keeping this post up in case others had the same misunderstanding, thanks for the correction below Brother Pallas. Now I know why Brother Joe focused on just the middle image.

gallery_57329_13636_117622.jpg

Frateri, more than one of your guesses could be right. We got 3 games coming.

I'll give you a hint: the 3rd game isn't 40k. It's another setting, in another time...you may say a different AGE. OF something else like...SIMGAR. That's all I know.

Edited by N1SB

gallery_57329_13636_117622.jpg

Frateri, more than one of your guesses could be right. We got 3 games coming.

I'll give you a hint: the 3rd game isn't 40k. It's another setting, in another time...you may say a different AGE. OF something else like...SIMGAR. That's all I know.

Two of these 3 games are already out, Necromunda: Hired Gun and Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground, so it is just one game coming.

I hope its not one of those :cussty mobile games, but I dont see an AAA title coming from it.

If a developer had 2 fingers of brain power they would make an Horus Heresy game like like the :cussty Eternal Crusade, but just the marines Legions.

Wanna make some money? Sell Legion specific bling.

Easy to balance, add a big ass maps like planetary campaign, veichles, and 128 players.

Done.

I hope its not one of those :cussty mobile games, but I dont see an AAA title coming from it.

If a developer had 2 fingers of brain power they would make an Horus Heresy game like like the :cussty Eternal Crusade, but just the marines Legions.

Easy to balance, add a big ass maps like planetary campaign, veichles, and 128 players.

Done.

Too bad playerbase was burned by too big of a promises in Eternal crusade, they might be abit spectical about this kinda game in the future

I really hope theres a multiplayer Horde mode. (PVE)

They added it to the original so it would be strange to not have it in a sequel 

But yeah,game development works in strange ways...

Edited by Fenriwolf

Done.

Too bad playerbase was burned by too big of a promises in Eternal crusade, they might be abit spectical about this kinda game in the future

Not really, it would be a AAA gold release following the traditional model of DLC and/or season pass with regular updates. Not a crowdsourced/ kickstarter community project with a shoe string budget. If such a game has gore like Gears of War, its going to be a winner.