Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

18 hours ago, foxlight713 said:

From what I could tell the base mechanics are similar to SM1. For those that liked how SM1 played, SM2 will be easy to pick up and get in to.

Looks like they've added some additional mechanics to melee combat, which I think was a good decision. Parrying, camera lock-on for non-chaff enemies, etc.  

11 hours ago, Hungry Nostraman Lizard said:

I hope there's mods. I want to change out the look of the bolt pistol asap, the primaris bolt weaponry looks so bad to me. Don't understand how you can ruin an iconic design, but well done.

You would need an overhaul mod at that point to firstborn because primaris using firstborn styled bolt weapons looks completely off. The bolt carbine previewed is already the same size as the SM 1 OG bolter. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

2 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Anyone notice Titus is like 12 feet tall? The guardsmen don't even come up to his belt buckle.

Well obviously Cadians are officially very very short, explains the attitude.

On a more serious note a single foot difference is already a massive change in body mass so a 8' titus in full armour (who knows how thick power armour soles are) will absolutely tower over any sub 6'. To reinforce my example here's average joe compared to shaq compared to the biggest man in the world.

wnjvWgM0lCB0PTMTEXj5Cu3UMFkZSi0OhODT5kx8Uvo.thumb.jpg.6870caf7a9e85ae1caaeac6436831929.jpg

Now add another foot to shaq and a suit of armour and that normal guy might as well be a child.

13 hours ago, MegaVolt87 said:

because primaris using firstborn styled bolt weapons looks completely off. The bolt carbine previewed is already the same size as the SM 1 OG bolter. 

I disagree; Primaris wielding carbine-length bolters looks more proportionally pleasing and more so resembles art of classic SM: 

image.png.7ff702e13943d34b2ad1c09226d07cb1.png

image.png.fd3498faabd3957bc8f29da1637ce12b.png

Primaris Titus wielding a classic bolter would look pretty close to these, as the bolt carbine is approximately the same length as the bolt carbine a Godwyn pattern bolter, which as we can see looks perfectly fine when wielded by a primaris marine. The bolt rifle design is simply too big, and GW making almost all of the marine weapons bigger remains one of my biggest complaints with the primaris range, as well as some of the design elements on the weapons themselves like the stupid cylinder things on practically every receiver; imo the best looking primaris weapons are the ones without this, like the bolt carbine and the heavy bolt pistol (which also happen to be among the more reasonably sized primaris weapons). Classic SM models had many issues with proportions, but the length of the bolter wasn't one of them.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

17 hours ago, MegaVolt87 said:

You would need an overhaul mod at that point to firstborn because primaris using firstborn styled bolt weapons looks completely off. The bolt carbine previewed is already the same size as the SM 1 OG bolter. 

I would love an entire overhaul mod to remove all primaris elements, if possible - eagerly hoping there's mod support in some capacity.

5 hours ago, Mmmmm Napalm said:

I disagree; Primaris wielding carbine-length bolters looks more proportionally pleasing and more so resembles art of classic SM: 

image.png.7ff702e13943d34b2ad1c09226d07cb1.png

image.png.fd3498faabd3957bc8f29da1637ce12b.png

Primaris Titus wielding a classic bolter would look pretty close to these, as the bolt carbine is approximately the same length as the bolt carbine a Godwyn pattern bolter, which as we can see looks perfectly fine when wielded by a primaris marine. The bolt rifle design is simply too big, and GW making almost all of the marine weapons bigger remains one of my biggest complaints with the primaris range, as well as some of the design elements on the weapons themselves like the stupid cylinder things on practically every receiver; imo the best looking primaris weapons are the ones without this, like the bolt carbine and the heavy bolt pistol (which also happen to be among the more reasonably sized primaris weapons). Classic SM models had many issues with proportions, but the length of the bolter wasn't one of them.

Highlighted in red, but I agree. 40k weaponry (and to an extent, all of 40k!) has always stood out amongst sci-fi comparison charts and the like - those 'stupid cylinder' things (and they are that, stupid) somehow made the iconic 40k design be generic, blander, broader to sci-fi in general. THAT is my complaint.

On another note, the concept of a 'heavy bolt pistol' is so frakking stupid. It feels like the writers went "Well... MY imaginary friend is just a bit bigger than YOUR imaginary friend". 

Back to the gameplay though; it looks fun enough, a good successor. There's inconsistencies in the sound mixing, which was my concern - sometimes the bolt weaponry, shouting, lasguns sound properly punchy and meaty - othertimes it sounds muted and muffled when it shouldn't be. First two clips come to mind as being particularly weak in that department, but perhaps that's an earlier build of the game?

7 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

Is that a main story spoiler? :ermm:

Kinda, but everybody and their Grandma saw it coming, so why not show it off. What isn't known is which of the two planets they will appear on, or if it's both. Then of course we also don't know the general plan of the Sons, though it probably is conquest.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

<snip>

Finally Nurgle isn't the villain for once!

Also really cool looking TSons here.

Also also I don't recognise the TSons Sorc's chestpiece from any of the current kits. Teaser?

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Noticed a thing.

This sorcerer truly is a villain. From what I can see in that picture, he modeled all of his terminators with hellfyre missile racks and soulreaper cannons. Those are limited to one per five. Unless he's got eight stock termies off-screen, he's running an illegal list and Titus should refuse to fight him. The absolute scoundrel! :furious:

3 hours ago, Borbarad said:

Is that a main story spoiler? :ermm:

I thought this too, then I remembered the original game literally had a Bloodletter on its' box art.

I guess they don't worry about that too much in this franchise :teehee:

54 minutes ago, KaosRaptor said:

I thought this too, then I remembered the original game literally had a Bloodletter on its' box art.

I guess they don't worry about that too much in this franchise :teehee:

As I kid I never noticed that. So when there was the chaos invasion came I genuinely was surprised. :biggrin: Also callback to that BL termi lord, just casually knocking the warboss off the edge while I was fighting for my life.