TCC’s Guard Army - Cadian

TCC

Battle Report

Cadian Vs  Tyranids 2000pts
CA22 The Scouring - deployment zones are short edges of the board

The Cadian’s deployed with the manticore’s at the rear right corner hidden by cover. Infantry took the front lines and buildings and sides of Pask ready to move up. A couple of squads where held on either side in cover as reservists. Snipers and the plasma guy stayed high on a building, the sentinels and Valkyrie pushed up to the deployment line in the centre and the two tank commanders took positions on either flank, back behind the buildings.

uwo9SvK.jpg

937Seef.jpg

Turn 1
Cadian’s
Guard got to go first, the sentinels pushed up front onto the centre objective marker, the Valkyrie flew over to the right of the board, but held back.
The infantry on the left all advanced forward, the chimera to the right objective, Pask half moved to get the demolisher cannon and plasma’s into a firing lane. The two TC moved forward to get firing lines ready. The snipers did a mortal wound to the  big Scythed Hierodule. The TC both half moved either side of the building and fired the Gatekeeper into the big Scythed Hierodule. The second TC hit the Tyranid Warriors leaving one left. The two manticores hit the Hive Guard who were hidden at the back of the board and took them done to 3.

Tyranids
There was some shooting, the Valkyrie took a battering leaving it on 2 wounds, a sentinel was melted with acid from the Scythed Hierodule, the Nids pushed up, both the Scythed Hierodule took the centre objective blocking the middle path. 
The Dimachaeron hit the left flank charging the guard on the objective (but had to CP re-roll to make it), the The Swarmlord double moved to get within 7inch of the two manticores, a charge of 4 and no chance to CP re-roll sealed its fate.

492Mwb4.jpg

VVRylGf.jpg
Turn 2
Cadian’s 
The Valkyrie moved forward as far as it could and dropped the troops who blocked the table edge against a building. The manticores both fired on the Hive Guard finishing them of. The guard fell back from the Dimachaeron, the two TC’s chipped away the Scythed Hierodule wounds taking it out. Pask turned and pointed at the The Swarmlord, starting with the las cannon which missed, the multi melt as hit hard then the demolisher cannon dealt the final blows wiping it of the table.

Tyranids

The nids pushed up, the remaining Scythed Hierodule continued to block the centre objective and route forward, their acid doing damage to the nearby troops and taking out the last two sentinels. The Dimachaeron charged over the building (thought the building would protect the TC) and hit the TC taking him down to 1 wound! The Hive Tyrant charge the unit on the right flank, killing a handful but not enough.

AMhATHi.jpg

Turn 3
Cadian’s 
The TC pulled out of combat with the Dimachaeron and healed 2 wounds, Pask turned and shot everything at half range, the multi meltas did a massive 29 wounds! The demolisher cannon did not need to fire, the melta put holes in the Dimachaeron killing it. The Valkyrie moved as far up as possible, the unit in combat with the Hive Tyrant moved back, the TC on the right obliterated the Hive Tyrant! The chimera charged the Scythed Hierodule doing nothing but holding him up.

Tyranids
The remaining units moved up, with the majority of them on the left hand objective, with the Scythed Hierodule left on the centre objective hit the chimera killing it and allowing the troops to spill out. One lonely 
Tyranid Warrior holding the right objective, the shooting was ineffective and the Valkyrie on 2 wounds survived.
OEwvGYg.jpg

We ran out of time, it was close on points so we played out the last two turns. The guard would take all but the rear left objective taking the nids down to only a few units, this would score us the points to take the victory. 79 to 65.

mO2TiQA.jpg
++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [110 PL, 1,996pts, 10CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Cadian

+ Stratagems +

Tank Ace [-1CP]

Whiteshields [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Knight Commander Pask [14 PL, 280pts]: Display Tank Orders, Hunter-Killer Missile, Lascannon, Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon
. 2 Multi-meltas

Tank Commander [12 PL, 225pts]: Battle Cannon, Display Tank Orders, Heavy Bolter, Relic (Cadia): Gatekeeper, Warlord
. 2 Heavy Bolters

Tank Commander [12 PL, 225pts]: Battle Cannon, Display Tank Orders, Heavy Bolter
. 2 Heavy Bolters

+ Troops +

Conscripts [7 PL, 145pts]: Whiteshields
. 29x Conscript: 29x Lasgun

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 55pts]
. 9x Guardsman: 9x Lasgun
. Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 41pts]
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Sniper Rifle
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 30pts]: Display Astra Militarum Orders, Laspistol, Power sword

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 25pts]: Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Laspistol

Tech-Priest Enginseer [2 PL, 35pts]

Veterans [5 PL, 75pts]
. Veteran Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol
. Veteran w/ Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer
. 8x Veteran w/ Lasgun: 8x Lasgun

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels [3 PL, 40pts]
. Scout Sentinel: Hunter-killer missile, Multi-laser

+ Heavy Support +

Manticore [8 PL, 155pts]: Full Payload, Heavy Bolter

Manticore [8 PL, 155pts]: Full Payload, Heavy Flamer

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [7 PL, 135pts]
. Valkyrie: Hellstrike Missiles, Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera [5 PL, 75pts]: Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser

++ Total: [110 PL, 10CP, 1,996pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Tyranids) [69 PL, -1CP, 1,392pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Army of Renown - Crusher Stampede

Detachment Command Cost

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, -1CP, 210pts]: 2x Monstrous Scything Talons, Power: Aggressive Surge, Power: Infused Energies, Relic: Biomorphic Carapace, Stratagem: Alpha Leader-Beast, Toxin Sacs, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Rampaging Beast, Wings
. Adaptive Physiology: Murderous Size

+ Troops +

Tyranid Warriors [5 PL, 66pts]: Synaptic Link: Bioweapon Bond
. Tyranid Warrior: 2x Scything Talons

Tyranid Warriors [5 PL, 66pts]: Synaptic Link: Bioweapon Bond

+ Elites +

Hive Guard [12 PL, 300pts]
. 6x Hive Guard (Impaler): 6x Impaler Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Dimachaeron [12 PL, 280pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Scythed Hierodule [12 PL, 235pts]

Scythed Hierodule [12 PL, 235pts]

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Tyranids) [36 PL, -2CP, 606pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Army of Renown - Crusher Stampede

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ HQ +

The Swarmlord [14 PL, 240pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Onslaught

+ Troops +

Tyranid Warriors [4 PL, 51pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine [9 PL, 155pts]

Tyrannofex [9 PL, 160pts]: Acid Spray

++ Total: [105 PL, -3CP, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)
Edited by TCC

Battle Report

Cadia vs Tyranids 

incomplete report… commander CIA… enemy dominated

This report has been pieced together from the surviving guards men of the reserve force (The main battle group are on R&R from the last campaign) - it was always going to be challenging to take bake the ground from the monster horde.

Even though the IG got the drop and took out the threat of the Hive Guard on T1 with the manticores, the right flank was decimated. The fast flying monster double moved and engage commander Pask in hand to hand, he put up a good fight but the beast used all his might to fight again and destroy Pask, the left flank TC and Baneblade were engaged with rapidly advancing monster, wounding them but not enough to kill them, the guardsmen pushed forwards onto as many objectives as possible. T2 and the monsters on both flanks continued to rip the tanks apart in hand to hand. The two manticores were destroyed before they could fire a second shot, the TC was ripped in half and the beast moved onto the Baneblade. The Baneblade fought back with might destroying him giving us false hope. The Baneblade destroyed the monster on the right flank with the mighty cannon, but more of these creatures pushed forwards and the next charge saw the Baneblade surrounded, one of the giants managed to rip the Baneblade over 20 damage destroying him too. The guardsmen fought on, to hold the primaries but they could not make up for the lack of secondaries.

F8i4yZE.jpg

f5vPMVK.jpg

9NiJ4MC.jpg

Rk9sl9U.jpg

HiPJmK9.jpg

kMLkhZ8.jpg

fJFRU6j.jpg

Overall it was a tough battle, it was unlucky losing Pask T1 but the range on his cannons (24”) meant he could not engage on T1 himself and he lost in the hand to hand. The Baneblade was not very effective for the amount of points and dice rolled. The 6 heavy bolters only managed a handful of wounds all game (my 4 snipers managed 2 mortal in T1). The Baneblade hitting on 4’s just meant the demolisher cannon was ineffective and the lascannons made no wounds all game, the 3+ saving through meant he could not roll against the hits in combat and that ended any chance of recovering the game. We both maxed on primaries, but I was schooled on secondaries - and this is we’re I lost the game 57-86 (or something close to that). 

Any help in choosing good secondaries is most welcome. 

Edited by TCC

Facing crusher and getting any form of score with guard as they are is a well done from me!:happy.:

I could rant about crusher nids for ages so I wont:laugh.:

My Valkyries never seem to make their points back so I don't take them in more:tongue.:

Edited by Emperor Ming

Dark day indeed. Martyrs all of them. But let not grief darken our minds. Let the righteous wrath burn in our souls lighting the way of the true. Let lust to avenge the dead comrades fall upon the enemies of Mankind, crush the filth and clear the passage of the Emperors servants. Glory to the fallen in His name!

Edited by Shamansky

Looks like a tough list, unfortunately Baneblades are a bit pricey for what you get and losing Pask early is always going to be a notable set back. We've not really got to Secondaries much in my games so I can't offer much help here other than to say time spent reading up on them and planning is never wasted :tu:

Yeah both armies are looking fantastic!

Any chance you can post a pic of your whole collection?

I’d imagine it would be worth seeing!

Will plan to do that, it’s not much bigger than the armies I have fielded - just with a couple of superheavy’s

I want to start doing high quality images of each unit to to show the unique details (I stands there typing this whilst waiting for the spray paint to dry on his blood angels!) doh too much on.

• 1 month later...

I have been busy building and painting. Painting my Blood Angles, started Necromunda and painting a gang up and painting and building loads a terrain to play on the table I built at home (which is ace as it’s really high compared to the club tables saving my back). First game was played on the table this week against the new nids leaked rules, great fun, they stomped me, but it was fun, the snipers did their thing yet again and took out one of the big guys who was on its last wound. Anyway enjoy the pics.

YXG86mD.jpg

0gPK9Q7.jpg

PV3quHK.jpg

ZAFmmK2.jpg

3Bqz4MT.jpg

dYvrWDJ.jpg

Edited by TCC

• 2 weeks later...

Great battlefield setup!

I love the Hades Breaching Drill (I have 2 in most of my lists!) yours looks great.

Really like the bloke controlling it.

Where did you get your objective markers from? They look useful.

hey, thanks for the comments, the objective markers were from Amazon 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MYC9GL6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_E8CQZD50FA1W7E3QHKNM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by TCC

New unit added to the army

8skizeZ.jpg

P93tEKI.jpg

tS7eCZm.jpg

Also made up some movement bases for the whiteshields - very useful - also note the effect of HotE for one shot blob of 20 guys.

6o32fIu.jpg

hopefully I will find some time to write up the latest battle Report for latest rules against Nids.