TCC’s Guard Army - Cadian

TCC

Completely forgot to update this. Played the Orks and lost unfortunately - they were got T1 and closed on me, I hit back hard taking out a plane and hurting kills rigs - but realised my TC with plasma just did not have the punch I needed (demolisher would have been better).

I also made one fatal mistake that I thing lost me the game, I put one of my TC to far out on the flank (there was no need for this and it’s against my own tactics but I did it as I felt confident that I could take out any threats, I had some guardsmen there to screen it too, but the mounted Orks moved round very fast and charge my screening infantry, they got such a good charge roll one of them got around the back, they killed the squad and then they could consolidate into my TC. The TC survived their attacks easily and did a good job of killing them but this took two turns which meant I was down on firepower which ultimately let the kill rigs get too close.

Anyway it was a good game and I learnt some valuable lessons.

wSUz9He.jpg

VbS6iUt.jpg

e8apdrG.jpg

ABOfmf5.jpg

Edited by TCC

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

Was this using the new book? 

All with the old codex, I have another couple of tournament reports to post up (last week and last nights games - knight vs guard and custodies vs guard) when I find a few minutes again with the old book and then next week I will be using the new book for the future games, I will make it clear in my posts.

Ok, playing in the next league tournament this is a team event (held over a number of weeks) with some top players who are all really groans fun to play against. 

Having played many different lists (lots of infantry, lots of artillery, lots of tanks etc) I have honed my list into this. 

I’m playing a compact guard army and really learning into the strengths of the final 8th edition codex and data slate.

List
Banehammer (with hull down deployment) which houses my 2 infantry squads + command squad and the main weapon slows down enemy movements, two TC with demolishers and multi meltas (and heirloom weapons) 2 hellhounds with multi meltas, 2 basilisks, another infantry squad with commander in the chimera, 3 sentinels and 3 5 man Scions to take ground for boots etc

List insights
It’s a compact, easy to deploy, tight list that leans heavily into the secondaries boots and command, it maximizes on armour of content to protect the infantry and it hits very hard with the big guns and the army wide Re-roll number of shots.

League Game

Custodes vs Imperial Guard

Deployment
2RbslZC.jpg

1.2 Tear Down Their Icons

Custodes got T1 and brought the three contemptor dreadnoughts into range of my Banehammer exposing them to my TC’s. The dreadnoughts all targeted the Banehammer and did little damage overall (the hull down deployment coming into effect) and that was really it! His fancy flying tanks bounced of the armour.
I returned fire in my T1 and destroyed all 3 dreadnoughts and flammed down a squad of sisters - he was shaken and has never had the three dreadnoughts taken out in T1 before.

Y36Sg7o.jpg

T2
He moves up all his army and takes out my hellhounds and charges the sentinels who proceed to drop out of combat to allow the biker to be killed from shooting. The banehammer hits the squad of bikes which does little damage but does slow them and actually comprises them so they cannot charge my TC next turn, I drop in some scions to take ground and do a primary-secondary mission action. One of his tanks is taken out.

vkNZeUr.jpg

T3
The custode troops push forward to the centre. The bikes decide to take out my scions staying middle board. I return fire and tie the bikes up with my chimera which does drooping my troops out.

gx4wZOt.jpg

T4 
Custodes push everything onto the centre and the bikes down the flank at half movement. I shot most of the troops off the board.

2wVTGwG.jpg

T5
Final push from the custodes with the bikes making the charge on my TC and destroying it, their tank holds another objective and the middle has the remaining troops. I put everything into the middle to remove them and score as many points as possible.

ZmA9yHh.jpg

End result is a slim win for the guard! 

• 4 weeks later...

Took a few pics today whilst I had the painting desk and camera setup. Hope you like. 

Heavily kit bashed with unique poses etc - these are on of my core squads and I have heavy weapons teams and other special weapons modelled and painted ready to swop out.

dozP4KI.jpg

As with nearly all my squads, these are kit bashed poses and all have a backpack - it’s a trimmed down vox caster. Again I have all the heavy and specials modelled.

cvzuXQe.jpg

New turret and commander added recently for the new codex.

8yiSYXh.jpg

I like the new kits.

ZANEog2.jpg

Happy with his skin tones and the gun highlights. 

BAgMR2G.jpg

4 hours ago, dees said:

Thanks for the battle reports and figure pics.  Looking at your pics from your game against the Orks it seems you’re on a small board, is that correct? 

We play to the tournament rules so boards are 60X44

• 2 weeks later...

Played Blood Angels this week, I let my opponent build the terrain (it’s sensitive for his army so wanted him to be happy), they got the drop for T1 and after my redeploy they bounced hard killing 3 ratlings and heavily bracking my superheavy. My T1 I healed the superheavy to mid bracket then absolutely smashed them in the face. Wound up the Kasrkin to get into his vac lines and take out the whirlwind. After my turn half his army was destroyed. Blood angels T2, his deepstrikers and reserves came in. He killed another 2 ratlings a few infantry and 8 of my Kasrkin in the back line and put 3 more damage onto my superheavy. My command squad with ogryn bodyguard shrugged off 14 wounds and only took 3! At this point (after a couple of failed charges) he decided to call it a day because I was just about to start my T2 and I would most likely take out most of his remaining forces as they were all exposed. My dice rolling was also quite bad and it was noted by both of us. Anyway the Dorn took out 6 Sanguary Guard in one shot, not bad for its first game. 

F071C873-5A04-4D19-918F-595313539375.jpeg

E596DCAB-054D-4D57-8EB2-EB5C3500B449.jpeg

5109F0AF-4636-4E33-8A88-A9CB354749D7.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...