Inquisitor Erasmus Cartavolnus

Joe

On one hand we have people upset when an anniversary model ends up being yet another space marine, but GW make a more obscure model and instead people are complaining about "wasting" a good Inquisitor sculpt for a model that is difficult to obtain. Game Workshop clearly can't win either way. :teehee:  

It's a nice looking model but I'm still overwhelmed slightly by the new Eldar Guardians.

Fabulous model.

But the first new inquisitor outside of a box set in years and years and they make him a store anniversary model…

Ahh your a ray of sunshine aint you. :wink:

Do you actually have to go into the store to get this? If so I cant see many moving locally as the manager has barred most of the regulars because they dont fit her Clique

Bloody hell, what store is that?

Kings Lynn, Norfolk. There is another reason the atmosphere there is awkward but its nothing I can repeat here, as it involves peoples personal stuff and some people involved are not aware, I just wanna stay away from the whole awkward mess, not a good hobby vibe in the local community. 

new Eldar Guardians.

Whut??? I missed that!! 

Really like this though I dont collect any army that would use it.

My 'local' store's birthday is next week but I would only call it local if i were in the office and I am working from home these days. 

Failing that, looks like I'll get another chance in July for the most geographically local store to me but I'll have forgotten about this by then.

Oh well....

On one hand we have people upset when an anniversary model ends up being yet another space marine, but GW make a more obscure model and instead people are complaining about "wasting" a good Inquisitor sculpt for a model that is difficult to obtain. Game Workshop clearly can't win either way. :teehee:  

I think problem at the real heart of the "damned if they do damned if they don't"-style grumbling is the notion of having to go into a GW store to buy it. I know I am not unique in this, but my nearest GW store is hundreds of kilometres away. It would be so easy for GW to just not alienate part of their market by offering exclusive miniatures for sale online also. They could still be exclusive to GW without forcing people to walk into a store.

I think problem at the real heart of the "damned if they do damned if they don't"-style grumbling is the notion of having to go into a GW store to buy it. I know I am not unique in this, but my nearest GW store is hundreds of kilometres away. It would be so easy for GW to just not alienate part of their market by offering exclusive miniatures for sale online also. They could still be exclusive to GW without forcing people to walk into a store.

Very true. Perhaps the anniversary of the online store could be used. :biggrin.:

Very true. Perhaps the anniversary of the online store could be used. :biggrin.:

That actually sounds brilliant!

If it gets ebayed to heck then might prices drop in a couple of months if the market is flooded?

Either way it should go MTO at the end of the year at worst

And the FB group to help people outbwith it/similar sounds good

But yeah sucks for someone living in White Horse or Darwin whos a 2 day drive from a store

I love the model overall but I'm really annoyed that it's store anniversary only. While I'm glad it's not just another fairly generic space marine, putting such a cool unique model (especially when it's the only ordo without a plastic one) sucks.

Things like the cryptek are perfect, a cool interesting model but that's still got alternatives. Although I really wish that they'd look at making models like this available regularly, maybe a general anniversary where they can be made to order once a year.

As for why this is limited to anniversary, maybe there's something unusual about it that got it vetoed, like the termie chaplain from a while back that had the crozius clip through his wrist.

Very happy to see the model and know what it is rather than be kept speculating and wondering.

I think the sculpt is great, and the post earlier about how we now have a recent plastic Inquisitor for each Ordo was a good post that helped me get some perspective... Because of course, I had hoped for a kit that was versatile enough to build as any of the three.

Curious to see what the rules in Vigilus are; whether it's just a datacard for this dude or a bit of an update to the Inquisition.

So we now have plastic Hereticus, Xenos and now Malleus inquisitors.  Very nice re-interpretation of the old model with the hood and huge =][= icon. 

Also, even though I live plenty close to a GW store, I just want to post my vehement disappointment in making this model artificially scarce for folks.

I’d there a resource to find store birthdays that anyone knows of?

Other than calling stores

There’s a list linked in the announcement article. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/03/celebrate-this-years-store-anniversaries-with-a-brand-new-inquisitor-and-gutrippa-boss/

Pretty cool. Nobody was expecting it, for sure!

:laugh.:

Thats nice, Ill take 2. One stock and one for hacking up.. 

I’ll take three! One stock and one for hacking up, one for surprise and fear and one for an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor. FOUR!...

It's a nice looking model but I'm still overwhelmed slightly by the new Eldar Guardians.

It's almost as if the two complaints don't have to be mutually exclusive or something.

Maybe they can make a non-Marine model and make it easily obtainable for everybody?

I know, it's a crazy idea... but it just might work.