Tyranids Datasheet Updates Spotted/9th ed Codex Rumours

Xenith

Some new rules sighted and posted in the NRBA. I assume it's the same @Arson Fire that is here also? if so, thanks for sharing! 

Courtesy of Arsonfire on thetyranidhive forum.

unknown.png

Just saw one on facebook. Hivetyrants are having seperate unit entrys if winged. Stats of swarmlord much improved. Walkrant has higher toughness than flyrant.

I've got you.

ruJCTMz.png

KCRAoCL.png

Here is the Haruspex datasheet:

MpjJY8z.jpg

These look decent, Nids get the Leman Russ treatment and the bugs go to 2+ saves, at least for the exocrine, haruspex and tyrant. There's now more differentiation between the Tyrant and Flyrant - my walkrant will be happy with their T8, 2+ save, especially if we keep he -1 to wound relic from the Leviathan supplement. 

Boneswords take the tyrant to S10, barbed strangler is looking decent at ~5 marine killing shots. 

Swarmy getting 9 attacks is brutal - I assume this means that boneswords taken in pairs is +1 attack from each sword, so the Swarmlord gets the base 5A, +4A from the sabres.

Exo getting +1 BS, and hopefully losing the reliance on strats to be effective, getting an average 8 shots.

Edited by Xenith

I'm not familiar enough with stats yet (as in to know them by heart), but this is looking good? One of the issues I've had with larger critters has been how easy they are to kill, all the more so given often disappointing output. This could be just the ticket but as Irate says we of course need to wait for the full picture :)

Well, it means a Tyrant is now going to take 1/4 of the wounds it used to against incidental fire - T8 makes bolters wound on a 6+, so 50% reduction in wounds, and 2+ save is a 50% reduction in damage. The usual killers like melta and missile got worse also. 

They gave this kind of upgrade to Leman Russes for free and they're still not great, soI'd expect little to no price rise on this.

Id near think going by the crusher stampede was a test to see if increased big bug survivability and model sales and usage because by the looks med sized bugs were the go to. Will be interesting to see what they di with smalk bugs if so.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more rumours from NRBA:

Nid Rumours from the Genestealer cults discord

Synaptic Links are changing to once per game effects that work on every unit within 6" of a Synapse Unit.

- Zoanthropes give 4++ to Synapse and 5++ to non-Synapse.

- All other units have changed Links. A lot of buffs trigger off the Synapse keyword (Warriors are amazing, apparently)

Unit Changes: Swarmlord - Loses Hive Commander and 3++. Gains Chapter Master Re-rolls and gives a unit Obsec.

Hive Tyrant - Captain Re-rolls aura.

Tervigon - +1 to hit for Termagants in range (don't know what). If there is a 15+ model Termagant unit within 1" of her she is un targetable.

Termagants - Devourers are :censored: now. Fleshborers go to Assault 1 S5 AP1 D1

Tyranid Warriors - S5/T5 base. Access to -1D strat in all phases. Can get to A4 S8 AP2 D2.

Gargoyles - Troop choice - nice
Genestealers - Elite choice
Ripper Swarms - Fast Attack choice
Carnifex - -1D as base

Wargear Changes: Boneswords - S+2 AP2 D2

Adrenal Glands - +1S/+1Mv

Hive Fleet Changes: Hive Fleets get 2 traits as standard and an extra from a list.

Leviathan - 1-2 TransNid on non-synapse creatures. 1-3 TransNid on synapse creatures.

Gorgon - Some weapons get Poison

Kronos - +1AP when in half range (not confirmed)

EDIT: Updated with new stuff - All of this bar the Kronos one has been confirmed by play tester

Take with all the salt.

If true carnifexes in stampede are even better. Fex Train!!

Very interesting changes. Carnis getting -1D is right, taking them in line with dreads. Gargoyles to troops is a big change, but makes logical sense, they're still gaunt genus, and will give us some good options. 

I know earlier I lamented the possibility of Devourers being useless now but on second thoughts, given how a lot of these rumoury types tend to overexaggerate things a bit/lean towards the competitive side of things, I'm actually not so worried now. Chances are they're about the same as before but with Fleshborers being the new hotness/best option they're now immediately discounted as suboptimal. What I'm more sad about is that Spinefists are probably still utterly pointless (unless they end up being considerably cheaper than the other weapon options, in which case swarms of Spinegaunts might actually be a thing again!). I just want the cool spiky mittens to be good!

I heard rumours that some of the Carnifex options are once again becoming rulesless/cosmetic only, which will be annoying if true.

I think the tervigon needs a much bigger rework in general to be even worth taking - though if normal fleshborer gaunts are ok now, then maybe that's enough, if it can still pump out 10 a turn.

I still think you should be able to make any gants from the tervigon, just a different qty per type

This is interesting, and sounds positive overall. I have some Gargoyles in my queue so this works out, were it not for stealers moving to Elites to make room I'd be less pleased as my Troop slots get filled very quickly... I'm in the process of magnetising my Tyrannofex to be a Tervigon too so I'm really hoping it gets a big boost to be more viable. Warriors getting a boost will be especially great, though my Troop slots don't need the extra competition as noted :lol:

The wings on the nid from the earlier teaser video look a bit different from the one in the rumor engine. Less ragged, and shaped differently.

I'm not actually convinced that this rumor engine picture is from a tyranid. While the wings on tyranid models do feature a few holes, they don't have anything like the quantity of holes in these. Combined with the more pronounced ridges, this looks more like a chaos model to me.

my Troop slots get filled very quickly..

Definitely something I've found with nids as opposed to other armies - I generally want 2x gants, 1x gaunts, 1-2x rippers, 1x stealers then that leaves little room for warriors. Maybe second detachment time? 

I don't have the models for a second detachment currently, though a Patrol could do? The problem is that this costs you which stings a bit so I'm reluctant as it's not like my Troop choices have been added because they're good :laugh.::sweat:

Regarding the sneak peek, I agree with Arson that it doesn't quite look Tyranid though we don't know what is out of shot (which is as important or more as what's in shot, as we all know :wink: ), so this could be unrelated to the nid model we've peeked before.

Someone did this on Twitter.

Based on the previous image, the parasite potential didnt have such ragged wings, however I dont think chaos models tend to have the segmented sections in the middle - where the wings are essentially replacement fingers instead of bonus protuberances. 

Some more additions, it looks like Tyranids might actually be getting the love they deserve, and should have had all along, instead of weird 8.0 edition index rules lingering in the codex for 6 years...

compiled from the discords

Devourers on termagants are 2 shots, s3 ap0 d1. Devourers on warriors are 5 shots s4 ap0 d1

Synaptic links are included on every synapse model for no additional cost, and are the mono-faction bonus

Zoanthropes get +1 to cast for each model in the unit and +1 mortal wound on smites for each model in the unit (up to +3 mortals)

Carnifexes are t7 2+ WS 3+, have 4 attacks base and +1 on the charge. Each pair of scything talons gives +2 attacks (so up to 9 attacks on the charge). With certain combos, can get up to 11 s7 ap-3 d3 attacks hitting on 2s, exploding 6s and 6s auto-wounding plus 2d3+3 mortal wounds on the charge.

The parasite has extremely weird rules

There are no new LoWs. Folks, the only new unit is the parasite

Double move + charge is completely gone from the codex.

Zoanthropes at +1 to cast and +1 MW are going to be greater than they already are - this is pretty much what I thought they should have. That, or actually giving their smite the blast rule. Hopefully they keep the 24" range and the neuro gets it too. 

This sounds overall good again, I especially like the fex changes as this addresses some of the concerns I've had. It's all rumour still though of course, and you know what they say about good news ;) Nice to feel positive about what may come regardless, just need those magnets to arrive so I can progress on my Tyrannofex as there are more nids I need to get done...

Sounds like Carnifexes will be the wrecking balls they are supposed to be. Also sounds like ill be dropping devourers from everything. I like my Warriors as bonesword + deathspitters so that is looking good so far. Definitely going to slot in some Zoans as well. 

I liked the older Links better but at least this version is free.