Tyranids Datasheet Updates Spotted/9th ed Codex Rumours

Xenith

I was expecting a little more of a gap, but glad to be getting it sooner! Means I can get proper games in with my nids :biggrin.: Anyone know about the Parasite, I'm assuming that's got a release alongside and hoping it's not too pricey.

by my reading of the article the parasite is lso up for preorder on saturday but no word on price yet. i already have my own made so ill try before i buy it. 

shardgullet looks unreal making a tyrant capable of poping tanks from afar. my test list that ill be running shortly after it launches will be testing a few of these sort of toys.

quick thought/q, cant the parasite be given a relic such as mawclaws? says cannot be given to named characters bu its not nique or no mention of sucha  rule as to stop it receiving such...

Edited by Brother nathan

We'll need to give this some more crunching when we know more, at least in regards to converting Command Points into points :laugh.: On the face of it this is nice as while it probably won't be a common Stratagem it feels like it will be very useful when it comes up. Could be one of those game changing Stratagems if you can keep a squad sticking around when you need it?

warriors do look well under-priced especially with bone swords which as i unfortunately have no boneswords of fitting scale i will have to avoid till i can rack some down at reasonable prices... 

edit- also codex is up for preorders now

Edited by Brother nathan

I've made my pre-order, including the Parasite as he's too nice to pass up :smile.: I have thought about more Warriors as one of my follow up projects but by the time that happens I'd expect an FAQ if they're that poorly priced so it should all work out :tongue.: It feels like it has been a long wait, thought maybe that's more in how many models I've painted? :laugh.:

So I just realized that the Parasite of Mortrex is now no longer a unique creature, and you can take multiples. A shame the Fast Attack section is quite crowded already (although granted there are detachments that allow for more FA choices) because multiple Parasites seems like a cool idea for an army.

flying circus is a pretty fun idea for a theme, winged tyrant, gargoyles, parasites, harpys and even zoanthropes... to be fair i think most choices in this dex are competing to be picked which imho is a rarity and how it should be

also giving parasite relics and such... if only hter regular attacks could infect... 

Edited by Brother nathan

Tbf crusher was free in white dwarf. Id feel more annoyed about those that got octarous or whatever it was called that expanded leviathan. Ignoring the synaptic things leviathan got some really good relics and such where as the current dex ones bar 2 or 3 dont feel as great. And to have dished out for rules that lasted what 10 months? Crusher can still be done quite effectively in the new book... probably stronger than it even was...

• 2 months later...