Tyranids Datasheet Updates Spotted/9th ed Codex Rumours

Xenith

This would be nice indeed, an extra couple on movement will help them up the field and a 5+ save will give them more chance to make it in enough numbers to matter. They will still die like flies, but at least it would be slightly more robust flies :lol:

Some more scuttlebut from NRBA:

Here is a summary of what is currently going around as "confirmed" by multiple sources.

General
• Double move + charge is completely gone from the codex

Synaptic links
Included on every synapse model for no additional cost, and are the mono-faction bonus. Once per game effects that work on every unit within 6" of a Synapse Unit.
• Zoanthropes: give 4++ to Monsters and 5++ to non-Monsters.
• Maleceptors: give the following abilities: shoot and do actions, fall back or advance and do an action, perform a psychic action and still cast powers. 
• Warriors: give 6s to hit in melee generate an additional hit 
• Tyranid Prime: gives exploding 6s for shooting when shooting a target within 24" 
• Tervigon: +2” move
• All other synapse units have changed links.

Hive Fleet
Hive Fleets get 2 traits as standard and an extra from a list. 
• Leviathan - 1-2 TransNid on non-synapse creatures. 1-3 TransNid on synapse creatures. 
• Gorgon - Some weapons get Poison (wound non vehicle on 4+)
• Kronos - +1AP when in half range (not confirmed)

Force Org
Trygon Prime - HQ
Gargoyles - Troops
Genestealers - Elites
Rippers - Fast Attack
Mawloc and Trygons - Fast Attack
Hive Guard - Heavy support

Misc
• 1cp strat for regen d3+3 Terma/Horma/Garg
• Nid dex has been ready since November
• Only new unit is the parasite
Units
Swarmlord 
• Loses Hive Commander and 3++. 
• Gains Chapter Master Re-rolls and gives a unit Obsec

Hive Tyrant
• Gives reroll 1s to hit to a unit in command phase. 

Tervigon
• 210 points
• +1 to hit for Termagants in range (don't know what). 
• If there is a 15+ model Termagant unit within 1" of her she is untargetable.

Broodlord
• Free org slot if you snag Genestealers

Warriors
• S5 T5
• Devourers on warriors are 5 shots s4 ap0 d1
• Access to -1D strat in all phases. Can get to A4 S8 AP2 D2.

Genestealers
• Get a deployment infiltrate now

Termagants
• Devourers on termagants are 2 shots, s3 ap0 d1. 
• Fleshborers go to Assault 1 S5 AP1 D1 (There is some discrepancy here, some testers say s4)

Lictor
• Lictor gets the saboteur targeting rule, -1 to hit, cannot be targeted while benefitting from cover and more than 12" away
• 5++ (Deathleaper is a 4++)

Hive Guard 
• Keep Impaler Cannons {Shockcannons are apparently getting a buff though, and are good for hunting light vehicles and heavy infantry}

Zoanthropes
• Get +1 to cast for each model in the unit and +1 mortal wound on smites for each model in the unit (up to +3 mortals). 

Carnifexes
 • T7, 2+ armor, WS 3+, 4a, +1a on the charge. -1d
• With certain combos, can get up to 11 s7 ap-3 d3 attacks hitting on 2s, exploding 6s and 6s auto-wounding plus 2d3+3 mortal wounds on the charge

Parasite
 • Has extremely weird rules

Gear
Heavy Venom Cannon: 36” Heavy 3 s9 ap3 d4 (DATASHEET)
Stranglethorn Cannon: 36” Heavy d3+3 s8 ap2 d2 (DATASHEET)
Bioplasmic Cannon: 36” Heavy d3+6 s8 ap4 d3 (DATASHEET - EXOCRINE)

Monstrous Scything Talons: User ap3 d2, +2 attacks 
Bone Swords: S+2 AP2 D2
Adrenal Glands: +1S/+1Mv 

From Korkin (Tyranids Discord) 

Alright, time for some info about hormagaunts because these boys got a real nice glowup. Profile-wise, they're still WS 4+ s3, but have gained a 5+ save, 3 attacks, and most importantly a 10" move.
In addition, they have access to two very nice stratagems, one that allows them to auto-advance 6" for 1cp and then still charge (that's an 8" t1 charge without any other boosts), and one that gives +1 attack for 2cp (1cp if you're <=19 models).

The real spice? Their utility in gorgon, where their weapons effectively become poison 4+ (as does every weapon in the army).
Of course if the leviathan supplement stays around, you can just make them gorgon for 2cp.

Now this seems decent baseline, but quickly starts to get absurd once you mathhammer. When fully buffed, here's what a fully-buffed squad of 30 leviathan gaunts to do if the supplement stays (there's some other buffs I haven't mentioned):

- Avatar of Khaine: 26 damage dealt
- Tyranid Monster with a 3+/5++/5+++: 26 damage dealt
- Termiators with storm shields: 1+ save? Still kills 6 of em
- Imperial Knight: 19 damage dealt
- Guardsmen: a whopping 95 dead (this was just for fun)

To make things better: there is a way to get a pregame move on all your hormagaunts

Hormagaunts, Tyrants, Zoanthropes and Gargoyles seem to be the winners here! If Stealers get native concealed positions/lurk, combined with the new profile from GSC, then they're a potentially huge T1 threat. 

Edited by Xenith

I for one am a fan. It has potential. When i say that im aiming to get it to work once or twice as a curveball and hope forever more that it will be seen as a priority target to get important stuff left alone... i think itlll work... beaut mini for nids too. I do hope it has extra options but doubt it

New rumours from the discords.

Raveners: get warrior starline so str5/t5 and 4+sv but get 4 wounds and -1 to hit in cc.

They come with ravener claws (5 str5 ap2 d1) and scything talons (2 str5 ap1 d1). Can equip rending claws (5 str6 ap4 d1).

If you don't give them guns they get to reroll 1s in cc.

They are also core.

Also synapse is supposedly 6"

New rumours from the discords.

Raveners: get warrior starline so str5/t5 and 4+sv but get 4 wounds and -1 to hit in cc.

They come with ravener claws (5 str5 ap2 d1) and scything talons (2 str5 ap1 d1). Can equip rending claws (5 str6 ap4 d1).

If you don't give them guns they get to reroll 1s in cc.

They are also core.

Also synapse is supposedly 6"

Ooh Raveners might be tasty now

Leaks are starting to come thick and fast! The changes to adrenal, Lash whips, etc look good, but will depend on points costs. Flesh hooks are the real winner here if MONSTERS like the Hive Tyrant can get them - ignoring vertical movement essentially lets them move as if they have FLY through ruins, which will be ace. Don't really see much point on stuff thats already INFANTRY though, as they can just walk through, apart from niche cases where you're trying to get an assassin atthe top of a building or something. 

Scything talons are now great again, +1A per talon. Even if hormies drop to 1 attack, they'll still get 3A overall, which is ace. Adrenal giving +1S puts warriors on S6 base, wounding orks on a 3+, and can get to S8 with sword. LW+BS seems a great combo.  

WygVZKt.png

Warrior leaks. All the weapons look TASTY. S5 Spinefists, 5 shot Devourers and AP -4 Rending Claws!

IMG_2214.png?width=618&height=630

IMG_2212.png?width=620&height=630

Swarmlord, Winged Hive Tyrant, Haruspex:

kkCC5Bl.jpg

WtBiJud.jpg

vOjvLEl.jpg

I like the thought on a triple tervigon list.

30 extra free gants, recoup 2d6 per tervigon do long as the gants are close.

Maybe toss in 2-3 exocrine.

3x tervigon

2-3x exocrine

Rest of the points on gants(~140?)

+30 free gants

Back to 5th edition! With pierce or claws, the tervis might be able to do some work. If there's an ability to get a 6+++ or whatever on gaunts, that force might be oppressive, unlikely to wipe 30 gaunts quickly, then they get 21 models back a turn.

For me it's the visual aspect too.

6 high priority targets amongst a massive swarm

The Tervigon is sounding better, I'm glad I planned to magnetise for mine. Restocking some gants will help them last a fair bit longer and probably serve as a fire magnet for small arms which will help any gaunts out.

I've not had time to digest all the changes, nor am I familiar enough with the wider army to say more than overall it is looking like there's a lot of much needed boosts across the codex. This depends on the costs though, as ever, like Plague_Lord I am wondering a bit about the associated costs I don't think I'll be having as much of a horde as planned with this.

So for a Tervigon and 30 gaunt unit, you're looking at 420pts, so for Triszins plan of 3 tervis and 90 gaunts you pay 1260, enough to keep people tied up for a while. You then have 740pts left for heavy hitters. If you go with 29 model units, or stick an upgrade on the tervis, you can guarantee them to be your picks for To the Last, meaning an opponent will have to chew through 48 gaunts in 3 units before they can shoot them, or try to get into melee with them. I'd consider jormungandr to halve the unit size for blast - though at 30 it might not help.

Your problems will be stuff like aggressors and warp spiders getting max shots on thos blobs. a full unit of aggressors gets 72 shots, which will kill ~21 gaunts in one round of shooting, assuming gaunts get a 5+ save now, or 26 on a 6+ save/tactical doctrine (I'd suggest putting 5 models behind LOS blockingterrain so if they kill most of the unit, you still have a few hidden ones to regenerate the unit from).

Whats peoples thoughts on their lists(if youve seen leaked full dex) im back to not being able to pick a hive fleet as their combined rules are all much better and better laid out than previous dex. Much does look better though also more expensive. Loosing the shoot twice strat will really hurt mind. I like that seceral units have had weapon stats combined ie lictors etc. Think i need to see how much of what i like i can fit in 1.5k... also do we have any idea when release is ?