SoT book 7: Echoes of Eternity - Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Ubiquitous1984

They also said this way back when Ka'bandha was announced, or at BL Celebration, that Sanguinius & Ka'Bandha had their big smackdown in Saturnine or somesuch already. WarCom has no clue about the ongoing Siege of Terra fluff, even if the book's already been out in Mass Market Paperback format. They're hardly fluffbunnies, those folks.

• 1 month later...

We finally have a confirmed date for Echoes of Eternity. Fnac has it for sale on the 3rd of September, so preorders will be up on the 27th: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17297380/Aaron-Dembski-Bowden-Echoes-Of-Eternity#omnsearchpos=10

It will be a combined hardback and limited edition release, with the French and German editions also releasing the same day. The suits at GW must be beside themselves. Imagine the horror if all the major books experienced multiple delays, forcing BL to release multiple formats simultaneously like some sort of consumer friendly monster. I’m not sure the company would recover.

4 hours ago, cheywood said:

We finally have a confirmed date for Echoes of Eternity. Fnac has it for sale on the 3rd of September, so preorders will be up on the 27th: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17297380/Aaron-Dembski-Bowden-Echoes-Of-Eternity#omnsearchpos=10

It will be a combined hardback and limited edition release, with the French and German editions also releasing the same day. The suits at GW must be beside themselves. Imagine the horror if all the major books experienced multiple delays, forcing BL to release multiple formats simultaneously like some sort of consumer friendly monster. I’m not sure the company would recover.

What a drag this has been - but at least we only have a few more weeks left to wait.  I can’t wait.  Hopefully the audiobook version will be out at the same time. 

31 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Im kinda impressed that the book has been available and none of it has leaked online

Yeah I am thankful for that, I'd be gutted if any of this book was spoilt after waiting so long for it.  The closer to the official release the more likely some other independent retailers may ship early and leaks become more likely.  

On 8/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, cheywood said:

Thanks for posting this. Annoyingly I'm on holiday on the 27th so will be tricky 

2 hours ago, Preliminary Bombardment said:

Thanks for posting this. Annoyingly I'm on holiday on the 27th so will be tricky 

My pleasure! Hope there’s good internet service nearby! Funny enough I was expecting it to go up for sale on the 3rd, when I’m on holiday, but for once I lucked out.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:14 AM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Yeah I am thankful for that, I'd be gutted if any of this book was spoilt after waiting so long for it.  The closer to the official release the more likely some other independent retailers may ship early and leaks become more likely.  

Some of us can handle spoilers and this forum is usually pretty good at covering them by mod if a member slips up, it would be nice to get some indication of where its all going as im sure the audiobook will still be held back somewhat annoyingly and thats my preferred format these days.

11 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Some of us can handle spoilers and this forum is usually pretty good at covering them by mod if a member slips up, it would be nice to get some indication of where its all going as im sure the audiobook will still be held back somewhat annoyingly and thats my preferred format these days.

I got a notification from Audible saying that it was available to pre-order this morning. I got it on my wishlist but it was then delisted, so I am guessing that it was Audible testing everything making sure the upload is good, which indicates that it should be fairly soon, maybe aligning with the other formats

The internal map artwork was released in the Sunday preview, the map appears to depict Sangunius and Angron on opposite sides of the page - a possible foreshadowing of their battle?  No sign of Ka'banda in the artwork, although of course that doesn't mean it won't make an appearance in the story.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/X48y0pKUe7NW1CTl.jpg

38 minutes ago, DINOthedinosauer said:

Is going to your local GW still the best way to pre-order?

Taken from a prior thread - on the madness that is trying to pre-order:

If you're trying to get a physical copy, you will need to do some from the Games Workshop site proper, NOT the Black Library site.

ALL physical books have gone through the main GW Webstore since 2020.

You will want to be refreshing the site on your browser around 10 AM, your region. In general, new items go up for pre-order at 10 AM. It's not unheard of for things to go up a few minutes before, though. Make sure you're logged in and done whatever captcha is necessary before.

If (when) you find yourself in some queue program, hang tight and do not spam refresh. It'll cycle you through automatically as your place in "line" progresses.

You can find all new items on their New and Preorders tab. However, I would probably recommend going to the Black Library tab instead, and set your filters (the "Refine" bar on obile browsers, if you're on your phone) accordingly for Pre-Orders. This is to help pick pertinent books out from new model pre-orders.

Bon chance.

21 hours ago, A Melancholic Sanguinity said:

Taken from a prior thread - on the madness that is trying to pre-order:

If you're trying to get a physical copy, you will need to do some from the Games Workshop site proper, NOT the Black Library site.

ALL physical books have gone through the main GW Webstore since 2020.

You will want to be refreshing the site on your browser around 10 AM, your region. In general, new items go up for pre-order at 10 AM. It's not unheard of for things to go up a few minutes before, though. Make sure you're logged in and done whatever captcha is necessary before.

If (when) you find yourself in some queue program, hang tight and do not spam refresh. It'll cycle you through automatically as your place in "line" progresses.

You can find all new items on their New and Preorders tab. However, I would probably recommend going to the Black Library tab instead, and set your filters (the "Refine" bar on obile browsers, if you're on your phone) accordingly for Pre-Orders. This is to help pick pertinent books out from new model pre-orders.

Bon chance.

I remember the last time I pre-ordered something, (Warhawk I think) the local stores computer didn’t have a queue or is that pointless now?

6 minutes ago, DINOthedinosauer said:

I remember the last time I pre-ordered something, (Warhawk I think) the local stores computer didn’t have a queue or is that pointless now?

Depends on the time zone. In the US I've never had to go into a queue because there isn't enough traffic for one to be needed. I would imagine the UK release is probably the only one with a queue because most warhammer fans live in the UK.