[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

@Trokair if you were to overcharge your plasma gun, you could probably take out the dark eldar in one shot. I'm happy to let you do that retroactively if you so choose. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Edit: I'm spoiling for an excuse to roll on the critical damage tables. ;)

Edited by Necronaut

3 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

Come on, don't you like to have fun?!

:devil:

I usually find I like to condiment my fun with context before simple agreement.

Ever since that one time in Vegas and a potential future Mrs Rackham.

9 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

Come on, don't you like to have fun?!

:devil:

There is fun and the is 'fun'. 

I'd prefer the one where I survive..

I think I will go with the shot being normal rather than overcharged, we may want to question the Dark Eldar, ... or at least have the theoretical option to do so.

33 minutes ago, Trokair said:

What is the trap here?!

Serious answer: Uses 3 shots up instead of 1, and you can't fire it next Round while it recharges, but you get an extra d10 Dam* and increased Range.

It's not always worth it, but if you already know you actually managed to land a hit on the slippery xenos, I'd say it's worthwhile making the most of it?

*you got a hit on the head as well, so the Crit effects are worse if memory serves correctly?

Edit: ninja'd, ignore this! :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

@Trokair there's no trap, mate. I'm just presenting an opportunity for glorious and gratuitous special effects on whatever our shoestring budget will permit. If you're keen to just heavily damage the dark eldar then so be it. FYI he should be blind for the next 2 rounds, as will most of the rest of this lot, so combat would literally be just shooting fish in a barrel. We can down-shift to narrative time at the end of this round for mop-up and some light torture, and allow for @Xin Ceithan's character to arrive upon the scene.

Edited by Necronaut

@Xin Ceithan Mazer and I discussed this offline, and we both felt it might be best if neither had met the other before. It's possible you might know of each other in a vaguely professional capacity, but nothing beyond that (and that's at the absolute most).

Edit: I'm happy to let you two work out the details.

Edited by Necronaut

8 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Xin Ceithan Mazer and I discussed this offline, and we both felt it might be best if neither had met the other before. It's possible you might know of each other in a vaguely professional capacity, but nothing beyond that (and that's at the absolute most).

Edit: I'm happy to let you two work out the details.

I was thinking along these lines too - we’d miss out on lot of fun interactions  otherwise!

But I figure there is a limited number of Space Wolves as well as as Sorcerers on Huron’s bunch,  so they might have picked up some slander  about the other…

4 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I figure there is a limited number of Space Wolves as well as as Sorcerers on Huron’s bunch,  so they might have picked up some slander  about the other…

Yes, IIRC I suggested it was certainly an "arms' length acquaintance," which would allow for sidelong glances.

We could try for an Infamy Roll perhaps? (My Inf = 20)

2 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it Infamy

They will do if you keep strutting around like Caesar..!

@Necronaut Coolio - do you want me to roll on Xin's INF score (and vice versa)?

Edited by Mazer Rackham