[BC] A Vulgar Display of Power: OOC/Discussion Thread

Necronaut

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

In terms of plot hooks for wandering randomly into Valeyard - Oswyld may notice or hear of interest in the merchant ship he 'borrowed'

Derp. I just went back and reread your post and realised Valeyard is referring to the ship Oswyld turned around. I'm a moron. :facepalm::laugh:

57 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I'm going to post up an update in a little bit since some of you have taken some clear actions within Desolace which require a response.

Lovely stuff! I know you mentioned weekly updates being the target, so I wasn't sure if there was any point in checking the thread until Friday? But presumably there may sometimes be more frequent stuff in-between to deal with specifics?

1 hour ago, Necronaut said:

As a note to all of you, so you don't feel like you're floundering or without direction: Black Crusade can be run much more on the sandbox end of the spectrum of FFG games, and we're sort of in a sandbox area at present. What this means is there are currently no right or wrong answers for what your characters might do, nor am I necessarily going to force the lot of you together for the time being. Feel free to explore your character's motivations and vices, and/or attempt to further whatever goals they might have, etc.

I'll freely admit that this kind of GMing terrifies me slightly (I guess it's my lack of experience talking?) but I have huge respect for GMs like Mazer (and yourself!) who have the confidence to allow players that kind of freedom! :thumbsup:

@Lysimachus wellllll... like I said previously I don't think I can maintain the blistering pace either you or Mazer were able to pull off, but there will be times (sometimes on weekends) when I am able to scoot us along a bit quicker. Also we're in the early game so I will try to keep it a bit looser until things start to congeal. I predict there will be a bit of an ebb and flow with the pace of the game, but I will do my best to keep everyone engaged.

Also I have had some good GM role models over the years and have been privvy to plenty of times when games have been broken or horribly derailed by players, so I'm not so much confident as willing to let things run their course within the Black Crusade ecosystem.

Edited by Necronaut

3 hours ago, Necronaut said:

@Lysimachus wellllll... like I said previously I don't think I can maintain the blistering pace either you or Mazer were able to pull off, but there will be times (sometimes on weekends) when I am able to scoot us along a bit quicker. Also we're in the early game so I will try to keep it a bit looser until things start to congeal. I predict there will be a bit of an ebb and flow with the pace of the game, but I will do my best to keep everyone engaged.

Also I have had some good GM role models over the years and have been privvy to plenty of times when games have been broken or horribly derailed by players, so I'm not so much confident as willing to let things run their course within the Black Crusade ecosystem.

Mmh, this gives me a bit time to get the rest of the introduction up… I was also considering throwing in some minor ritual stuff like using some sort of psychic spoor / conjuring some sort of Neverborn pilot fish thingy to get Khyran on track to the plot .. or something to explore the character a bit …

… or , this being z.B.C, blow himself up in the process … :biggrin:

@Machine God fyi your force sword is not a daemon weapon -- there will be ample time for that (if you're crazy enough to attempt such a feat). You are, however, welcome to believe whatever you wish. ;)

Otherwise good stuff so far. Let's see what this mad lad wants to get up to in Desolace.

Edited by Necronaut

24 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Machine God fyi your force sword is not a daemon weapon -- there will be ample time for that (if you're crazy enough to attempt such a feat). You are, however, welcome to believe whatever you wish. ;)

Otherwise good stuff so far. Let's see what this mad lad wants to get up to in Desolace.

Post edited:

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/380183-bc-a-vulgar-display-of-power-episode-i-rpg-ic/?do=findComment&comment=5988105

You're all good, real life happens. Heck, that's why we're playing by post right? Much easier to get together a group of players, even if they're in different time zones and weird schedules like mine, than trying to get together a group physically.

Agreed! We've all come into this game with the expectation you stated from the start of (maybe) weekly(ish!) updates, so you aren't behind at all!

Relax and have fun with it, we aren't going anywhere! :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

I'm predicting another gruelling week at work, so I may post a little behind schedule again. Apologies in advance. Hopefully things will calm down a little going into the end of September and start of October (where the blazes did this year go?!).

Edited by Necronaut

Very nice update ! 

Since you asked for an opposed WillPower (Con-) Test - do you want me to roll and then you roll  / the results or do you just want to roll the whole thing yourself and let me flesh out the scene afterwards? 

On 9/18/2023 at 5:25 AM, Xin Ceithan said:

Very nice update ! 

Since you asked for an opposed WillPower (Con-) Test - do you want me to roll and then you roll  / the results or do you just want to roll the whole thing yourself and let me flesh out the scene afterwards? 

We can roll it up in here and you can tailor your narrative to fit; I got 3 DoS on the roll for the daemon's willpower test.

10 hours ago, Necronaut said:

We can roll it up in here and you can tailor your narrative to fit; I got 3 DoS on the roll for the daemon's willpower test.

Mmh, I only get 1 DoS - Willpower 52 -10 Diff + 10 (2x Psy) : 42 https://orokos.com/roll/991435#

Guess Khyran will have to lower himself and stop along the road to ask for directions as his Neverborn google maps just jinxed :wink:

Sorry mate; the daemon rolled well/took advantage of the summoned warp ghosts to snap free and escape. As it is merely a sprite, the amount of time it will be able to remain manifested in the "real" world would likely be numbered in seconds before it winks out from existence and angrily/hatefully returns to the Warp.

Edited by Necronaut

Hey everyone, there is an update in the works. I needed some time to recover from work over the weekend, plus we have family visiting so I have not really been able to sit down to write. I have a massive project that I'm going to be leading the final assembly on over the next couple of weeks once we receive parts in, so expect things to be a bit touch and go with me during this upcoming period. Sorry about this.