[HH] Kratos Heavy Assault Tank

Article link

unknown.png

Really love this vehicle. That being said, I don't know quite what it is about it, but despite considering myself principally a Heresy fan, I would rather see this as a relic vehicle within a successor chapter like the Carcharodons, the Red Talons, or the Marines Malevolent (or a homebrew!) prior to including this in one of my Heresy armies. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Take 1x Fellblade, add 2x Kratos, wrap in 3x Sicarians, stir gently and love your treads.

Shame Falchions have gone by-by :sad.: Editted: Fake News Stobz :lol:
These tie in nicely, same visuals on the turret as the Fellblade, same visuals on the tracks as the Sicarians.
Me love this.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
Oops

I do quite like this tank but the lack of up/down traversal on the bolter turrets bothers me. I could argue during the heresy there were probably so many targets it would be impossible to miss but it just seems to stick out compared to the other weapons to me for that reason. I prefer the Sicarian but I would also like to see this painted in Carcharodons livery.

I like it a lot. I wish there was something like this for my Primaris army- enough guns to be useful without looking like they strapped an armory to a tank, and a good, clean design aesthetic. 

I really love this tank. It's brutal looking and although festooned with guns, looks better than the 40K Marine vehicles that have similar sorts of numbers of weapons. (Repulsor looks like a clumsy kitbash I'd do as a teen) I feel like this tank marks a fresh move and step up by GW. Really well done.

I want one.

Edited by Captain Idaho

Shame Falchions have gone by-by :(

Wait what? We're losing falchions? But what about those of us that have them??
Indeed. I have one and I’m quite happy with it. Is it really going?

OK, my really bad... they haven't been on the FW 40k site forever, but just now I see they are still in HH.... and still in the IA Compendium.

Whew!

And sorry for any alarm :D

Shame Falchions have gone by-by :(

Wait what? We're losing falchions? But what about those of us that have them??
Indeed. I have one and I’m quite happy with it. Is it really going?

OK, my really bad... they haven't been on the FW 40k site forever, but just now I see they are still in HH.... and still in the IA Compendium.

Whew!

And sorry for any alarm :D

The reveal article mentioned they’re “almost extinct” in the 41st millennium so I’d bet on the 1CP cost to field the relic vehicles for it.

Choom shall smite the emperor’s foes in the future. And maybe a battle cannon worth a damn with multiple shell profiles.

Edited by Khornestar

The reveal article mentioned they’re “almost extinct” in the 41st millennium so I’d bet on the 1CP cost to field the relic vehicles for it.

Choom shall smite the emperor’s foes in the future. And maybe a battle cannon worth a damn with multiple shell profiles.

Why would you build the battle cannon when you could Choom though? Choom for the Choom Throne!

If they were paying attention to actual tank design, sponson weapons would've gone a long time ago as a whole. They're influenced by some tank design, but I doubt they're much taking it into account. How many people purchase or not a tank based on how accurate it is schematically? Nobody does that, so making it look cool enough is what will influence its design the most.

It's a game system, yes, but the laws of physics exist in 40K too, and there is zero space inside that turret for the main gun to depress in order to shoot at anything close to the vehicle.  Little details may not bother you guys, but it bothers me.  :shrug:

Yeah the ignorance of the forge world sculptors in particular regards tank design these days is particularly depressing given how forge world started and its a definitely turn off. Its particularly frustrating here because its so close to being decent, but the one man turret with a fixed main gun, sponsons (particularly the nipple sponsons)  and the horrific shot trap of what i presume to be the sponson gunners spot next to the driver. Ick.

Like, sponson guns i can kinda tolerate despite how awful they are, as an aesthetic choice but it does wreck verisimilitude to be told this tank has no design flaws and near impervious armour when it so obviously does not. 

Why would you pay attention to actual tank design when that's not actually relevant to the setting?

You'd think that in a setting with fantasy races in space, literal hell-jumping for interstellar travel, roided out posthumans that can eat flesh and somehow extract literal memories from it, demons and a shrivelled god-dude on a throne, realistic tank design would not be expected and the lack thereof wouldn't be "astounding".

If I wanted realism, I'd go play one of the bajillion WW2 historicals. Complaining about lack of realism in 40k is like reading LotR and wondering why Galadriel's tax policy isn't described. The krios isn't meant to look realistic, it's meant to look sick as hell and be consistent with prior design language within the setting - a smashing success on both accounts.