World eaters speculation thread.

jimbo1701

8 hours ago, Prot said:

EDIT: Now I see.... allegedly:

8Bound get the Pre game move built in.

Exalted 8Bound get no retreat aura, and hit on 2+ and a 4++ inv. 

It almost sounds like 8 Bound would be potentially a better option with Angron. (assuming they are cheaper.)

It sounds like eightbound you'd want to send with Angron, depending on their ability to keep up, and have the Exalted Eightbound elsewhere to spread around the no retreat auras to other parts of the battlefield?

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

12 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It sounds like eightbound you'd want to send with Angron, depending on their ability to keep up, and have the Exalted Eightbound elsewhere to spread around the no retreat auras to other parts of the battlefield?

Agreed, plus it appears they would be the cheaper of the two options in that box. At this point I'm just assuming this but I am getting the feeling this might be a small (effective) model count army. With delivery being one of the issues. 

I'm still going to try to figure out how to wedge my new Termies in there with a mix of Melta/fists/chainfist. I think they'd be clutch for standing on objectives and widdling down smaller, weaker units while plinking away at vehicles with the odd melta.

14 minutes ago, Prot said:

Agreed, plus it appears they would be the cheaper of the two options in that box. At this point I'm just assuming this but I am getting the feeling this might be a small (effective) model count army. With delivery being one of the issues. 

I'm still going to try to figure out how to wedge my new Termies in there with a mix of Melta/fists/chainfist. I think they'd be clutch for standing on objectives and widdling down smaller, weaker units while plinking away at vehicles with the odd melta.

That's exactly how I'm building my terminators as well right now. Access to combi meltas will be very nice on them to get some stronger range in my force.

Not sure how it'll play out, but I have a feeling termies will be very good to add some versatility to the army.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen this posted.  Write up from Tabletop Tactics form Arks of Omen

https://tabletoptactics.tv/2023/01/05/war-zone-arks-of-omen-secondaries-warhammer-40000-state-of-play/#chaos

Purge The Enemy – Blood For The Blood God

At the end of each Battle Round, score 2 VP for each MONSTER, CHARACTER or VEHICLE destroyed by Melee, or 1 VP for any other units destroyed in Melee, to a maximum of 4VP, but only if no units Fell Back in the Round. Tricky one to leverage, as you need to do lots of chopping, and sometimes Falling Back is advantageous, so shutting you completely out of scoring is a tough one to account for at times.

No Mercy, No Respite – The Blood God’s Due

At the end of each turn, score 1 VP for each Objective Marker that had any non-VEHICLE units that started the turn in range of that Objective destroyed that turn. Fairly decent scoring as the game progresses, letting you score by murdering units on Objectives, and also getting some slight compensation should a unit of yours die in range of one in the opponent’s turn. 

Battlefield Supremacy – Pile The Skulls

At the end of each Battle Round you can discard up to 3 Blood Tithe Points before purchasing any Blessings, netting you 2 VP for each one, to a max of 5 VP per Round. Given you don’t know what Blood Tithe Points and Blessings are yet, you’re in the dark for now as to whether this is good or not. 

Well the Combat Patrol is now confirmed https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/13/who-looks-angrier-this-world-eaters-lord-or-his-juggernaut/

One Lord Invocatus/Chaos Lord on Juggernaut, two squads of ten berserkers and one squad of ten Jakhals. I'm thinking I'll grab two. That should be a solid core for a nice berserker heavy army.

It was an interesting batrep. Both of them just did the 'let's meat in the middle'. I won't spoil it, but it was definitely built to showcase WE.

Some cool strats, and uses of the point system are showcased (most have been copied into the rumour section.)

It does seem to be an extremely one dimensional army (I mean more so than any time in the past I can recall), but it is very good at it.  I'm not sure how long it will hold though as it has very little to fall back on other than spanking your opponent in CC. 

I really enjoyed the batrep. I get that they build the lists in ways to showcase the new kids on the block, but I was getting some KDK vibes that made me pretty happy. With the daemonic pact I'm hoping to recreate a KDK vibing list. I'm much more excited now than I was initially. 

I know there aren't a lot of options for the Lord Invocatus/Juggerlord to roll with from the World Eaters units but the Lord could probably roll with some juggernauts of Khorne, right? 

You set up on the board, You head towards Objectives, World Eaters are on the board, in close combat.  Farewell and adieu to you

Get them there and the rest will all sort itself out. WE don't even care if you kill them, go ahead. Kill away. You kill, they buff, the revive, they fight on death. One dimensional indeed, but they are good at that dimension. 

Wardogs do have their work cut out for them though as your only real fire support.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, INKS said:

It's likely the embargo drops on Sat,  so we'll see. can't wait to see channel feature them

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it all ties together. To have a well rounded army, things like Berserkers and all the unique kits are obvious, it's less obvious what support units will really give it a nice foundation on top of that.

Mine I'm doing a bit more dark red/gold, so a Khorne Red base with Balthasar gold trim. I have red corsairs, so I didn't want to do the studio brighter red, as the Red Corsairs already have that.

For me, I've already started painting my stuff, I've got a rhino done, a second rhino, ten terminators and a helbrute getting pretty close to done, and a Daemon Prince/Maulerfiend/Predator to build yet. The first wave I've dedicated to the non specific kits, so I've damn near got over 500 points nearly done already.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion