World eaters speculation thread.

jimbo1701

On 7/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, Surreal Cruelty said:

I am pretty sure the claw with the heavy flamer is probably the Huron Blackheart rumor...though TBF if may be responsible for the rumor that Huron has a new model.  Some might say it's the wrong hand, but GW has mirrored and flipped images on the RE around before.  I would be dissapointed if the World Eaters don't get a unique deamon engine as part of their codex though.

I am really hoping Juggerlords get brought back.  I had a Juggerlord half finished at the end of 7th, and now its just sitting around covered in dust.  I am thinking of finishing it and running it as a Lord Discordant though.  If WE comes out and they don't get Juggernaughts, and they lose access to the Lord Discordant, I will probably run it as a Red Corsair or Black Legion model with the mark of Khorne.

Yeah, I'm hoping they get juggerlords (and juggernauts). A heavy melee cavalry unit would be awesome.. and a nice nod to the past too! 

It does look more likely to be a Huron model - which would also be absolutely awesome! I'm kinda hoping that's what it actually is, but I also want a Khornate melee Daemon engine unit too! 

I'm super excited for the World Waters codex! 

4 hours ago, Kallidus said:

Yeah, I'm hoping they get juggerlords (and juggernauts). A heavy melee cavalry unit would be awesome.. and a nice nod to the past too! 

It does look more likely to be a Huron model - which would also be absolutely awesome! I'm kinda hoping that's what it actually is, but I also want a Khornate melee Daemon engine unit too! 

I'm super excited for the World Waters codex! 

Sadly only one juggerlord no units but he's supposed to be pretty good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly seems that way - though that doesn't mean there won't be another wave in a year or two.

Anyway, the rumours so far from one of the reddit playtesters who has been extremely reliable the past year or so, with the disclaimer that playtesters don't have the final copy:

Release is more TS than DG in size

WE keep Helbrutes, LRs, Preds, Forgefiends, Defilers, Heldrakes, LoS
No Havocs/Teeth of Khorne, no jump packs
No Terminator Lord
No normal Possessed - WE get 2x specific Khorne versions (one of which is "8 Bloodletters in a single marine")
Three generic HQs: Daemon Prince, Master of Executions, and Juggernaut
2x unique HQs: Khârn and "flying Juggernaut SC" (seen "Lord Invocatus" and "Brazen Beasts warlord" mentioned)

That sounds awful, if true. Hmm. Let’s see.

Re-read the list, there are some interesting things there but surely more to the codex than just those entries. No Berzerkers, no terminators of any kind mentioned.

Flying juggernaut? What's SC, special character?

I could totally see MoE getting moved to HQ again for some reason. Like when Helbrutes were moved for Khorne Daemonkin to a different slot (heavy support, I think?) than CSM, for some reason.

Edited by Khornestar

3 hours ago, Putrid Choir said:

Weird they have master of executions as a HQ after being moved to elites. Might be a typo? 

Not a typo as he restated it more than once, but the info might well be out of date as who knows how accurate/recent his playesting info is. As a disclaimer, he's been extremely reliable on pretty much everything for the past year, but not 100% on everything.

2 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Re-read the list, there are some interesting things there but surely more to the codex than just those entries. No Berzerkers, no terminators of any kind mentioned.

Well...yeah. :tongue: He was asked what "shooting units" the codex had & whether the codex had jump units/jump characters/zhufor, which prompted the list of vehicles/declaration that there are no jump units or terminator lords or havocs, etc. This guy doesn't go around posting exhaustive leaks, he jumps in on an existing thread, answers a few questions, and then goes dark for a while.

SC = special character. Implication seems to be that there is a kit that builds a character on a juggernaut (that can fly?) which can be either generic or a unique character.

No word on Terminators, but I'd stress that this might just be because nobody has asked. I'd be incredibly disappointed and surprised if the book didn't have a unique terminator kit.

I am very down for some unique Possessed though

I'd be surprised if there was no unique terminator kit after they made the red butcher strat with so many people making sweet world eater termies, and that is one of the few things DG and TS have in common is cult terminators.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence! 

Edited by Putrid Choir

This honestly sounds like we are expected to do power armor rush with no units to get there fast or tank the damage. 

The lack of a Terminator Lord is a bit odd since they are releasing a unique Khorne aligned Terminator Lord as one of the special miniatures for Warhammer+.

The master of executions going to an HQ slot again isn't surprising. They can't slap a sorcerer or sorcerer equivalent in it's place as the generic secondary HQ. 

I wouldn't say that I am disheartened, but so far from what I have seen I'm likely to stick with 30k the rest of this edition.

2 hours ago, Irate Khornate said:

The lack of a Terminator Lord is a bit odd since they are releasing a unique Khorne aligned Terminator Lord as one of the special miniatures for Warhammer+.

Well considering the model shown for Warhammer plus says right on the page world eaters terminator, not khorne chaos lord terminator, I don't buy it. And it's not a community page flub, the kneepad has the world eater symbol on the model.

4 hours ago, Putrid Choir said:

Well considering the model shown for Warhammer plus says right on the page world eaters terminator, not khorne chaos lord terminator, I don't buy it. And it's not a community page flub, the kneepad has the world eater symbol on the model.

Now this is absolutely going to sound cynical, but worst case scenario is day one Legends rules.

• 3 weeks later...

New Berzerkers have been fully previewed now:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/01/nova-open-reveals-the-new-khorne-berzerkers-in-all-their-savage-glory/

If the models are indicative of the kits, then it looks like we get:

• 3 plasma pistols
  • 4 chainaxes
  • 4 chainswords
  • 1 two-handed chainaxe
  • 1 two-handed chainsword
  • At least 3 bare heads with Butcher's Nails

I love that the kit looks very compatible with CSM. It means my converted Berzerkers won't look out of place, and depending on what bits are leftover in the kit, you could easily combine the kits to increase your available poses.

Heck, you could easily slap some CSM heads and bolters on these guys to make running CSM.

Excellent kit! I copied and pasted half my comment from the N&R thread because I think it’ll get more discussion here:

Curious what stats the eviscerator will have. The loyalist version is just 1 less strength than the heavy chainaxe. Seems too small a difference to make them different wargear.

Tainted chainaxes are 2 damage, which would be very interesting. If these berzerker chainaxes keep the same stats, the unit will potentially be able to take on lots of targets - moreso than they already can. Chainswords for the weakest chaff, chainaxes for 2-wound infantry, and two-handers for the tougher stuff. And the number of attacks to make it all worthwhile.

It also reads like plasma pistols must be overcharged. Not sure that’s worth it, but with power level play it might be.

Edited by Khornestar

So the new kit does look awesome. In the original news thread I said I thought the model looked a little boring, but after seeing the other 9 I like them more now, the original is my least favorite of the lot still though haha. Do you guys think you will get a full kit of weapons though? The newer ork Boyz kit kind of forces you into so many of this weapon and so many of that weapon, which I know alot of people do not like.

At any rate, it seems like a better deal then the current 7 man plague marine kit, which while it is nurgle's number, it's a super stupid number to sell them at unless there was another box of 3 with all the second options. Fingers crossed for red butchers too, would be silly to miss out on terminators.

Edited by Putrid Choir

I wouldn’t be surprised if the box contents/loadout are limited to what Cheex posted above, maybe with the option to keep bolt pistols and not take any plasma.

Box of 10 is how it should be. 7 is such a :cuss joke for plague marines.

Edited by Khornestar

12 hours ago, Khornestar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the box contents/loadout are limited to what Cheex posted above, maybe with the option to keep bolt pistols and not take any plasma.

Box of 10 is how it should be. 7 is such a :cuss joke for plague marines.

I imagine that the box will contain enough chainaxes/swords and bolt pistols for all 10 Zerkers, then plasma pistols and two-handed axes/swords for permitted loadouts.

I also think that there will be at least 10 helmed heads and possibly power/demonic axes/swords.

As far as overcharging the plasma: * This is not in the rules, it’s just the proper way to venerate the God of Slaughter.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:37 AM, Iron Father Ferrum said:

A complete lack of anything fast -- jump packs & bikes -- makes a predominantly melee list sad.

Yeah. My worst fear is that WE end up having playstyle of 'run at the enemy and hope for the best'. Even bringing daemon detachment along wouldn't change that much. At least in AOS priests have become one of Khorne's themes. There should be at least some utility besides anti-psyker stuff.

1 hour ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Well regardless of what else we get...

The new Zerkies have sold me. I will have at least 60

That's some dedication, Brother Captain! With current points that's 1320, so plenty left over for the terminators and juggerlord. ;)

2 hours ago, Stealth_Hobo said:

Yeah. My worst fear is that WE end up having playstyle of 'run at the enemy and hope for the best'. Even bringing daemon detachment along wouldn't change that much. At least in AOS priests have become one of Khorne's themes. There should be at least some utility besides anti-psyker stuff.

In today's modern codex environment I think I'm a lot more optimistic that the army will function in an effective way. Obviously things change over time, but Black Templars are not a fast melee army but seem to thrive on volume of attacks and defensive abilities. Just an example of a situation where even though World Eaters would be lacking in speed, there are other aspects to the army to make up for it. If Blood Tithe is a thing, that will almost certainly play a role.

I agree that the buffing/creative role of something like a priest really needs to be developed. It's nice having Dark Apostles, but one assumes we'll be losing them in favor of some bloody skully equivalent.

Just now, Khornestar said:

That's some dedication, Brother Captain! With current points that's 1320, so plenty left over for the terminators and juggerlord. ;)

In today's modern codex environment I think I'm a lot more optimistic that the army will function in an effective way. Obviously things change over time, but Black Templars are not a fast melee army but seem to thrive on volume of attacks and defensive abilities. Just an example of a situation where even though World Eaters would be lacking in speed, there are other aspects to the army to make up for it. If Blood Tithe is a thing, that will almost certainly play a role.

I agree that the buffing/creative role of something like a priest really needs to be developed. It's nice having Dark Apostles, but one assumes we'll be losing them in favor of some bloody skully equivalent.

I have always loved Khorne and by extension Zerkies, but I really dislike the old models, I knew if Zerkies ever got redone I would probably be tempted.

The new ones are everything I want, Enough Khorne without going over the top like say 1Kson and DG.