jimbo1701

6 hours ago, Irate Khornate said:

So that's Angron, Berserkers, and what looks to be some cultists confirmedĀ 

Also Terminators. Look to the right of the Berzerkers in the leaked image

Ā 

mmexport1657272406971.jpg

Edited by Gederas

From WarCom:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/08/tremble-before-the-rage-of-angron-daemon-primarch-of-khorne/

"Weā€™ll have more to come from Angron and his World Eaters over the coming months, so stay tuned to Warhammer-Community.com if you prefer your previews at a respectable resolutionā€¦"

cinCHTuxoAlgDcu6.jpg

Edited by techsoldaten

Ā Ā 

6 hours ago, Gederas said:

Also Terminators. Look to the right of the Berzerkers in the leaked image

-image cut-

Actually, I'm dumb.

Ā 

What I thought was a Cataphractii pad was some kind of Cataphractii-like pad on a Berzerker. You can see a bare arm and Bolt Pistol on that one. Whoops! :laugh:

Edited by Gederas

4 hours ago, Gederas said:

So since we saw a large two-handed axe in the Chainaxe preview, think we'll have the Heavy Chainaxe as an option like Legionaires do?

I really do. Hopefully it's a 1:5 situation instead of 1:10 the way it is with legionaries.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:59 AM, Khornestar said:

I really do. Hopefully it's a 1:5 situation instead of 1:10 the way it is with legionaries.

Think i'd prefer 2:8Ā 

Ā 

Though that may just be me smarting at GW ignoring the unholy number of Khorne...

1 hour ago, The Spitehorde said:

Think i'd prefer 2:8Ā 

Ā 

Though that may just be me smarting at GW ignoring the unholy number of Khorne...

Please GOD NO!

I'm fine with being able to run the units as 8s, but actually CAPPING the unit at 8... No. Show the 8s in other ways, keep the unit locked numbering in the past where it belongs

I don't think I made myself clear enough in the previous post. My fault, apols.Ā  I don't want WE squad size capped at 8 max, but equally I don't want to see them quite as handicapped as they now are on weapons choices just because I'm playing them as the fluff intended instead of squads of 10.Ā 

Ā 

49 minutes ago, The Spitehorde said:

I don't think I made myself clear enough in the previous post. My fault, apols.Ā  I don't want WE squad size capped at 8 max, but equally I don't want to see them quite as handicapped as they now are on weapons choices just because I'm playing them as the fluff intended instead of squads of 10.Ā 

Ā 

I see where you're coming from. While I don't love the idea of doggedly sticking to Favoured unit numbers (I see it as the kind of thing a particularly pious warband might doĀ if they can), I do like running 8-man squads in general. Having weapon selection not be restricted at that number would be nice.

• Juggernaught me closer I want to hit them with my chainaxe.
  • Seriously - bring back Jugger HQ, and throw in Juggercav Fast Attack.
  • Rumours of 'dogface beastmen' most welcome. Khorngor Troops gotta happen.
  • Give us flesh hounds like Space Wolves have Fenrisian hounds.
  • Fingers crossed for Daemonkin themes generally (-0CP second Patrol as long as only Khorne Daemons?).
  • Multiple good Priest-type effects in lieu of psychics seems obvious based on AoS Bloodbound...

Studio does seem to like kill tally mechanics for Khorne, which is certainly fun if we go back to the Daemonkin book for instance.

Hoping I still have a use for Discordant Lord and Mauler friends; relatively likely, although I suppose I can always continue with the CSM codex if the new book is miles different.

Most interested to see how or even if they introduce 'sub-factions' in the book; it'd be quite the change in design philosophy not to give players something in terms of 'rewards for specializing in something'. Khorne is usually thought of as 'axes all the way down', but it'd be neat to have niches for lists.

Because we obviously need '8 sub-factons', I'd envision some rules to emphasize:

• 'ranged focus'
  • 'mortals / herds'
  • 'daemon engines',
  • 'daemon masters',
  • 'faster Zerks',
  • 'tougher Zerks' (let's not forget that Berzerkers were the first to get a 'feel no pain' mechanic)
  • 'jugger bois', and
  • 'Champions of Chaos' (bigger/better auras and Chants? I think there's a reason they usually do only ~6 sub-factions)

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Hathor42 said:

Sadly, Entrepeneur on Reddit said there was only one jugger model, but he was very good.Ā 

Hey, one jugger model!

*celebrates*

Ā 

Was there any other info?

Edited by Khornestar

5 hours ago, Hathor42 said:

Sadly, Entrepeneur on Reddit said there was only one jugger model, but he was very good.Ā 

So it goes... Not surprised that Space Wolves get 'proper cavalry' and WE do not. Most Berzerkers prolly just can't hold it together long enough to 'ride instead of punch', clearly.

Still, if C:Daemons works with new 'dex like the rumours have it then I won't need more than one for existing collection, and at least I'll finally have an actual budget for Flesh Hounds, 'Letters and bloodcrushers (my original unit became Juggerlord, Herald and the basis of a chariot-style 'Maulerfiend').

Heck - bamfing a few bloodcushers on top of a Juggerlord just as he closes in will probably be preferable to riding Zerks up the board. Flesh Hounds are better for pure screening. Plz make bloodcrushers competitive with Possessed/Chosen.

Here's hoping for ready access to Warp Locus; basically feel like Apostle and MoPossession can be combined for WE more or less. Maybe an Elite 'Icon Bearer' and like a 'Nailpothecary'? Wish we knew a bit more about minor characters, but of all the factions WE do feel most likely to just have a couple big stonkin HQs and just horde it up alot more than DG or KSons. Still, Executioner makes more sense in WE book than CSM...

I guess I have more riding on C: Daemons than I thought lol.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:51 PM, Kallidus said:

You know how there's a claw with a built-in flamer in the rumour engine?Ā 

And Mutilators got removed from the Chaos codex..

What if World Eaters get a Mutilator style Daemon engine!!

I am pretty sure the claw with the heavy flamer is probably the Huron Blackheart rumor...though TBF if may be responsible for the rumor that Huron has a new model.Ā  Some might say it's the wrong hand, but GW has mirrored and flipped images on the RE around before.Ā  I would be dissapointed if the World Eaters don't get a unique deamon engine as part of their codex though.

I am really hoping Juggerlords get brought back.Ā  I had a Juggerlord half finished at the end of 7th, and now its just sitting around covered in dust.Ā  I am thinking of finishing it and running it as a Lord Discordant though.Ā  If WE comes out and they don't get Juggernaughts, and they lose access to the Lord Discordant, I will probably run it as a Red Corsair or Black Legion model with the mark of Khorne.

Edited by Surreal Cruelty

On 7/30/2022 at 10:48 AM, Hathor42 said:

There will be a juggerlord but he'll be a special character so sadly can't take multiples.

Hopefully that means he will be an absolute beast.